Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1263761 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5040 on: November 17, 2018, 02:54:23 AM »

Hi Silenoz,

No, four walls each with a window in and all of them face south! I sent a PM and my explanation anyway ok!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5041 on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »

You're hired!

So here's the two answers explained. Yours being the first.

"The first correct answer is the North Pole. Because the Earth is a sphere, your three-mile walk would make a sort of triangle to put you right back where you started. The second correct answer is anywhere that's one mile outside a one-mile in circumference circle around the South Pole. Walking one mile south will place you on this circumference path. When you walk west, you will walk in a complete circle. Walking north will place you back where you started."

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5042 on: November 17, 2018, 03:10:51 AM »

You're hired!

So here's the two answers explained. Yours being the first.

"The first correct answer is the North Pole. Because the Earth is a sphere, your three-mile walk would make a sort of triangle to put you right back where you started. The second correct answer is anywhere that's one mile outside a one-mile in circumference circle around the South Pole. Walking one mile south will place you on this circumference path. When you walk west, you will walk in a complete circle. Walking north will place you back where you started."

Ahem, Thank you very much Silenoz, I am not just a great saber wielder but I am also pretty good at aviation! I spent many hours flying around the globe on MS Flight Sim and X-Plane (using an ETA-2 Jedi Interceptor and the Millennium Falcon)

This was a question that many pilots are asked to see how well they understood aerial navigation!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5043 on: November 19, 2018, 04:15:05 AM »

Hope all of my saber friends from California are doing okay

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #5044 on: November 19, 2018, 01:41:01 AM »

Needs gloves.

Agreed. I'm looking into it but I haven't had the time to make some yet and couldn't find some I liked to buy.

Can't we all just get along?
That's no fun

I share this feeling.

I never said I that "I never lost". Failure is much more instructive. That is how I no longer lose.

You don't lose. You either win or  learn

Wow, I just noticed that I post in this thread about once every 4 or 5 pages.

Same here obviously. Still answering posts from Friday  Grin

"You're standing on the surface of Earth. You walk one mile south, one mile west, and one mile north. You end up exactly where you started. Where are you?"

Without having checked if the answer was there already, here is my answer: On the surface of Earth.

I owned some property at this place and I had a house with a room that had four windows and all four looked out to the south!
No, four walls each with a window in and all of them face south!

Again without having checked I'd say: Your house is exactly on the North Pole.

OK. My answer was not the right one apparently. I still believe it's correct as well though  Wink

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5045 on: November 19, 2018, 12:12:35 PM »

This.

Same here obviously. Still answering posts from Friday  Grin

You have a lot to catch up on, Crue. But welcome back!

Without having checked if the answer was there already, here is my answer: On the surface of Earth.

Point for that one.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #5046 on: November 19, 2018, 06:07:37 AM »

This.

You have a lot to catch up on, Crue. But welcome back!

Point for that one.

I do have a lot to catch up on. That's what happens when I spend the whole weekend with my girlfriend+Thanksgiving dinner (I know, we're early). Thank you for the welcome and point! Have a point back  Wink

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5047 on: November 19, 2018, 01:47:47 PM »

I do have a lot to catch up on. That's what happens when I spend the whole weekend with my girlfriend+Thanksgiving dinner (I know, we're early). Thank you for the welcome and point! Have a point back  Wink

Great to hear Crue, family first of course.  Glad that you're back though

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #5048 on: November 19, 2018, 07:00:58 AM »

Great to hear Crue, family first of course.  Glad that you're back though

Unually I'm not gone too long  Wink I always find my way back here as soon as I have some time.

Sabers Owned

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5049 on: November 19, 2018, 02:19:58 PM »

Again without having checked I'd say: Your house is exactly on the North Pole.

Hi Crue, you are 100% correct on my riddle. My house is at the North Pole...wanna buy it? The ice garden is shrinking a bit as bits break off but you don't have any of those pesky Penguin-like Porgs to deal with  Grin

Have a point for your return.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5050 on: November 19, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »

Unually I'm not gone too long  Wink I always find my way back here as soon as I have some time.

Glad to hear!  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5051 on: November 19, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »

Fam fiction taking up your time? I must venture back there
Fam fiction? Taegin are you all alone and in need of a family?

"You're standing on the surface of Earth. You walk one mile south, one mile west, and one mile north. You end up exactly where you started. Where are you?"
{I have not read beyond this, in case a correct answer has been given.}

You are at the North Pole.

Point for your understanding.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5052 on: November 19, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »

Tyeth, Crue and Logos ALL got the first answer. Grin
Silenoz did not.  Sad

The south pole is also correct.

"You don't lose. You either win or learn" - Nelson Mandela
Nice quote Crue.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5053 on: November 19, 2018, 04:08:49 PM »

My guess was also on the surface of the earth, but unfortunately, by the time I was going to say that, someone had already given the "North Pole" one. Cry

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5054 on: November 19, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »

My guess was also on the surface of the earth, but unfortunately, by the time I was going to say that, someone had already given the "North Pole" one. Cry

Don't feel bad. I didn't consider that I was starting anywhere more specific than a random spot on the surface of the Earth. So from a random spot, I go a mile South, a mile West, a mile North and thought "I'm one mile west of where I started. Big deal." I instantly realized that's way to simple to be correct and that I wasn't going to get it.

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: