Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1263255 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #7155 on: April 16, 2019, 07:55:19 PM »

Yo may not WANT to know. Tongue

😏

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7156 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:08 PM »

You mean they were looking for a female Revan, and didn't know they were asking one because you have the masculine version of the armor?

It’s not the “masculine version,” it is the armor. A long long time ago before the blasphemy of the novel and SWTOR, “Revan” was an entity that existed without knowledge of gender unless unmasked. Revan was both light and dark, both male and female, and that was much of the beauty and charm of the original game before the aforementioned sequels. Revan was whomever you created Revan to be. “Revan is a man” was a concept superimposed many years after the release and assumes what is, in comparison, the very weakest of about 18 possible different endings (albeit very subtle differences in many), male and female, light and dark. This ending was the one chosen largely because it was the one that appealed the the plurality of the audience as Light Side Male Romancing the hot Jedi chick to “save the damsel in distress.” While this ending does, again, cover the majority of the gaming audience, it is far from the strongest storyline possible, and effectively invalidates the validity of other endings in the eyes of the less-aware, destroying much of the charm of the original concept.

They were looking for a Revan who, unmasked, was female, for a specific part they wanted to include in the montage. I told the liaison where I could be found at a particular time, witnessed the person arriving at said particular time, but was unable to unmask at the time because the person who was set to relieve me of booth duty never showed. There were 2 other Revans in the area at the time (a “battle Revan” at the booth next door and a general con-goer Revan, also both masked) so without either unmasking when not allowed, or approaching someone who is supposed to be working undercover, there was no way to make myself known. Alas, there is always next year. Several others from my temple were included in the montage for the closing ceremony though, and I highly recommend checking it out, as it was beautifully executed.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7157 on: April 16, 2019, 09:01:28 PM »

I'm trying to figure out some kind of makeup look for Mara Jade(I'm bored) but not sure how much would be too much... according to Shannon McRandle she is, in fact quite a girly girl, despite her profession and badassery... and usually is cosplayed with makeup, often heavy. But also, a lot of makeup wouldn't be super practical, IRL as well as for her in universe. I'm doing SOMETHING, not going completely bare faced.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7158 on: April 16, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »

It’s not the “masculine version,” it is the armor. A long long time ago before the blasphemy of the novel and SWTOR, “Revan” was an entity that existed without knowledge of gender unless unmasked. Revan was both light and dark, both male and female, and that was much of the beauty and charm of the original game before the aforementioned sequels. Revan was whomever you created Revan to be. “Revan is a man” was a concept superimposed many years after the release and assumes what is, in comparison, the very weakest of about 18 possible different endings (albeit very subtle differences in many), male and female, light and dark. This ending was the one chosen largely because it was the one that appealed the the plurality of the audience as Light Side Male Romancing the hot Jedi chick to “save the damsel in distress.” While this ending does, again, cover the majority of the gaming audience, it is far from the strongest storyline possible, and effectively invalidates the validity of other endings in the eyes of the less-aware, destroying much of the charm of the original concept.
I was of the mind that Revan was the character's name before the mask was applied. New garb and new ideas about who should be running the show result in the Darth being added.

They were looking for a Revan who, unmasked, was female, for a specific part they wanted to include in the montage. I told the liaison where I could be found at a particular time, witnessed the person arriving at said particular time, but was unable to unmask at the time because the person who was set to relieve me of booth duty never showed. There were 2 other Revans in the area at the time (a “battle Revan” at the booth next door and a general con-goer Revan, also both masked) so without either unmasking when not allowed, or approaching someone who is supposed to be working undercover, there was no way to make myself known. Alas, there is always next year. Several others from my temple were included in the montage for the closing ceremony though, and I highly recommend checking it out, as it was beautifully executed.
Why couldn't you unmask?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7159 on: April 16, 2019, 09:33:14 PM »

I was of the mind that Revan was the character's name before the mask was applied. New garb and new ideas about who should be running the show result in the Darth being added.

“Revan” was a name the character took during the Mandalorian Wars after taking up the mask of an unnamed Mandalorian female who tried to defend the Cathar people against the massacre led by Cassus Fett during the early parts of the war before the Republic became involved. Revan wore the mask before becoming Darth Revan. It is taken up as an oath of  justice for the planetary genocide the Cathar people had faced. “Revan” was a shortening of “the Revanchist” which the character had become known as after leading a group of Jedi into the war to aid the Republic despite the Jedi Council’s denying the Republic’s request for Jedi support. A revanchist is defined as one who participates in acts of revanchism, or the effort to regain lost territories during times of war. This lore comes from the original two games and from the comic series which was released concurrent to the games.

Why couldn't you unmask?

When on booth duty as the “Sith character” (or even Jedi character) you must remain in character and in costume. Since Revan is a “face character” (albeit that statement ironic) that means remaining masked, since unmasking assumes a face. A Vader got in trouble for unmasking while on duty the first day. Also can’t do things like use phone while in costume and on duty. It’s like at Disney the characters can’t just go taking off costume pieces in front of guests. You have to be off duty and go to a designated area.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7160 on: April 17, 2019, 05:45:28 AM »

“Revan” was a name the character took during the Mandalorian Wars after taking up the mask of an unnamed Mandalorian female who tried to defend the Cathar people against the massacre led by Cassus Fett during the early parts of the war before the Republic became involved. Revan wore the mask before becoming Darth Revan. It is taken up as an oath of  justice for the planetary genocide the Cathar people had faced. “Revan” was a shortening of “the Revanchist” which the character had become known as after leading a group of Jedi into the war to aid the Republic despite the Jedi Council’s denying the Republic’s request for Jedi support. A revanchist is defined as one who participates in acts of revanchism, or the effort to regain lost territories during times of war. This lore comes from the original two games and from the comic series which was released concurrent to the games.
The plot thickens. History points inbound.

When on booth duty as the “Sith character” (or even Jedi character) you must remain in character and in costume. Since Revan is a “face character” (albeit that statement ironic) that means remaining masked, since unmasking assumes a face. A Vader got in trouble for unmasking while on duty the first day. Also can’t do things like use phone while in costume and on duty. It’s like at Disney the characters can’t just go taking off costume pieces in front of guests. You have to be off duty and go to a designated area.
Wow strict. I had to go maskless almost all day due to last minute decisions that prevented me from testing before wearing. It couldn't see without direct sun light, and there was far too much to see for the sake of cosplaying. But it does make me chomp at the bit to get to my final mask build.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #7161 on: April 17, 2019, 04:14:33 PM »

What’s your favourite class in school?

Me: lunch

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7162 on: April 17, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »

What’s your favourite class in school?

Me: lunch
So many to choose from. And lunch is NOT a class.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #7163 on: April 17, 2019, 11:48:02 AM »

it should be. it'd be the one class I'd pass

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7164 on: April 17, 2019, 11:48:54 AM »

it should be. it'd be the one class I'd pass
You'd probably fail for not eating a healthy meal.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #7165 on: April 17, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »

You'd probably fail for not eating a healthy meal.

my school doesn't sell this "Healthy meal" you speak of

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7166 on: April 17, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »

BYOB

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #7167 on: April 17, 2019, 07:39:55 PM »

Fine. Then it’s currently English.

Always bring your own lunch.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7168 on: April 18, 2019, 04:06:11 PM »

The plot thickens. History points inbound.
Thank you kindly! Have one back. It’s interesting lore, and something I’ve researched a lot for my epic that I’ve been working on (which I sadly do not have access to at the moment until my laptop is fixed).

Wow strict. I had to go maskless almost all day due to last minute decisions that prevented me from testing before wearing. It couldn't see without direct sun light, and there was far too much to see for the sake of cosplaying. But it does make me chomp at the bit to get to my final mask build.

It’s Lucas Film recognized so for trooping at Celebration it meant mask on. If there is an unmasking written in to a performance, then I can unmask.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7169 on: April 18, 2019, 04:48:04 PM »

Thank you kindly! Have one back. It’s interesting lore, and something I’ve researched a lot for my epic that I’ve been working on (which I sadly do not have access to at the moment until my laptop is fixed).

It’s Lucas Film recognized so for trooping at Celebration it meant mask on. If there is an unmasking written in to a performance, then I can unmask.
Yet more reasons why I'm less and less a fan of that monster.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: