Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1265252 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7800 on: September 19, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »

Violin or Viola? Also, why Bass and not Cello?
Violin. Grandpa had one. When he passed dad got all the instruments (There were a lot, and I still have a mandolin that I need to learn how to play.) I had a crush on a cellist and wanted to join the orchestra. Didn't a) want my parents to have to pay for an instrument just cuz I had a crush, and b) didn't want to lug a cello around. Already had an old violin, so I thought give it a shot. I played violin for 5 years. Then in highschool, the director noticed I was struggling due to my larger hands, and asked if I wanted to try bass (but also because we needed a stronger bass section). Been playing bass ever since. Cool

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7801 on: September 19, 2019, 04:32:23 PM »

Violin. Grandpa had one. When he passed dad got all the instruments (There were a lot, and I still have a mandolin that I need to learn how to play.) I had a crush on a cellist and wanted to join the orchestra. Didn't a) want my parents to have to pay for an instrument just cuz I had a crush, and b) didn't want to lug a cello around. Already had an old violin, so I thought give it a shot. I played violin for 5 years. Then in highschool, the director noticed I was struggling due to my larger hands, and asked if I wanted to try bass (but also because we needed a stronger bass section). Been playing bass ever since. Cool

Nice. Banjo and Mandolin are both ones I'd like to pick up sometime.
So instead of lugging around a cello, you decided to lug around a Bass. Makes sense. Wink Tongue

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7802 on: September 19, 2019, 04:56:19 PM »

Always thought it would be neat to be able to play an instrument. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7803 on: September 19, 2019, 05:04:36 PM »

Nice. Banjo and Mandolin are both ones I'd like to pick up sometime.
So instead of lugging around a cello, you decided to lug around a Bass. Makes sense. Wink Tongue
No. My bass rarely ever left the school. In fact it's still at the HS. If I can scrounge the funds (and find a place to store it) I want to buy it off the school and get it fixed up.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7804 on: September 19, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »

No. My bass rarely ever left the school. In fact it's still at the HS. If I can scrounge the funds (and find a place to store it) I want to buy it off the school and get it fixed up.

How much it cost?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7805 on: September 19, 2019, 08:15:00 PM »

How much it cost?
Don't know. Never asked.

I did find a price on a carbon fiber bass.....$23k.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7806 on: September 19, 2019, 08:21:43 PM »

Don't know. Never asked.

I did find a price on a carbon fiber bass.....$23k.

Yeah... they's spensive. I'd love to have a carbon fiber violin, but it just isn't gonna happen anytime soon. The Cello instructor at the Uni has a carbon fiber cello, and it is pretty sweet.

Always thought it would be neat to be able to play an instrument. 

It is a great hobby and way to relieve stress, plus it is super fun. I would recommend you try and pick one up. Piano is considered by many as one of the easiest instruments to learn (not master, just learn), but those are expensive if you don't think you will play it much. Plus, you do not have to confine yourself to "classical" music. I absolutely love classical music, but I also play fiddle. Super fun.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7807 on: September 19, 2019, 08:26:15 PM »

Yeah... they's spensive. I'd love to have a carbon fiber violin, but it just isn't gonna happen anytime soon. The Cello instructor at the Uni has a carbon fiber cello, and it is pretty sweet.
Yeah. For that money though they better sound phenomenal.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7808 on: September 19, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »

It is a great hobby and way to relieve stress, plus it is super fun. I would recommend you try and pick one up. Piano is considered by many as one of the easiest instruments to learn (not master, just learn), but those are expensive if you don't think you will play it much.

Hi Taegin, I used to be a semi-pro musician and used synthesizers costing around $1200, but now if you want to play piano/keyboards you can pick up a decent MIDI/USB Controller Keyboard for a fraction of the price of a piano. And the great thing about Controller Keyboards is that they don't produce their own sounds, you connect them to your PC or laptop and use software to produce the sounds (called Soft Synths or Virtual Instruments). You can record these Virtual Instruments in a digital workstation and produce your own music in your bedroom or garage! Even better, as the Virtual Instruments get old and sound "dated" or out of fashion you can buy/download new software with new sounds but keep the same keyboard unit.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7809 on: September 20, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »

Is today over yet?

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7810 on: September 20, 2019, 07:20:45 PM »

Is today over yet?

What? You want Friday to be over?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7811 on: September 20, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »

What? You want Friday to be over?
Very much so. I need sleep, and I'm not going to get any at work.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #7812 on: September 26, 2019, 08:23:07 PM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7813 on: September 26, 2019, 09:10:54 PM »

The sound of my victory

Sig by For Tyeth

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7814 on: September 27, 2019, 12:47:17 AM »

The sound of my victory
Victory?  Victory?  You mean there are rules to this game at this point?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: