Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1262859 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8550 on: April 02, 2020, 07:50:22 PM »

I loved his performance as an up and coming Joker.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #8551 on: April 02, 2020, 09:55:53 PM »

I loved his performance as an up and coming Joker.
Right? Cameron Monaghan was the best part of that show in my opinion. He was pretty awesome as Cal Kestis in Jedi: Fallen order as well.

He's also amazing in the Showtime series, Shameless.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8552 on: April 03, 2020, 06:53:04 AM »

Depends what you're into. I don't remember green and brown.......wait. You mean these?

If so, these are the Leo MS (aka "cannon fodder) from MS Gundam Wing. It was my first exposure to Gundam on Cartoon Network. (So many years ago.) It was a decent story, but a bit girly. Seriously, it falls into the anime type that caters to girls: pretty heroes, touchy feel-y love stories, elaborate and romantic costuming.

Or do you mean these?

These are MS-06F/J Zaku II (aka "cannon fodder) from the original Mobile Suit Gundam. The animation was late 70's crude, and the story starts off a bit slow, but WOW does it pick up. This series was almost ahead of its time in that it introduced the "real robot" to anime. The idea that the hero bot had limits (albeit few): run out of ammo, mechanical failure, and <gasp> fight a superior foe...and lose. It was more military than some of its progeny, but in some respects less so than others. Personally I liked the military aspect. One of the reasons I advocate the 8th MS Team, but that was just well done all around.

But to distinguish, a Gundam MS is usually white/mostly white in color, with a red goatee and gold V-crest on the forehead. Very few Gundams have ever strayed from this formula, and never very far. But for the most part, a Gundam has always been a MS of the highest quality and ability.

Well.....you get the idea.

Thanks for the awnser Logos, I've probably missed this thread yesterday, my apologies. Looks like you did a lot of copy-pasting with all those Gundam pictures. The two first references bring back memories, So I guess I've actually seen more of this serie then I can remember. Unfortunately they don't seem like the serie I was thinking about. The one I was looking for, was more gritty, mature and heavy in it's storyline. People driving around in large milatary vehicles (and I think hunting/fighting beetle-/buglike monsters). Doensn't matter, you got me started on a nice google search, so who knows, maybe I'll find it again.

And thanks for sharing the knowledge and pictures, enjoyed it and I now have a 'Gundam'-theme in my head again, so I might even start watching it again.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8553 on: April 03, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »

Ah! Giant Bugs? (with more than likely strangely vaginal looking mouths) That sounds like Blue Gender.

That would be one of the plethora of other series that was built on the Real Robot idea that Gundam started. Other really great ones to watch are Martian Successor Nadesico and Full Metal Panic. Others I know of but haven't seen are: Patlabor, Macross/Robotech, and Code Geass.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8554 on: April 03, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »

Wow! How did you figure that out? Looking at the trailer it seems like it really was Blue Gender!
You have my respect sir! Now I need to find time to rewatch that serie.

Thank you!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8555 on: April 03, 2020, 03:05:05 PM »

Yeah....I wasn't overly fond of that series. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8556 on: April 03, 2020, 03:52:37 PM »

You have my respect sir!
Logos gained someones respect!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8557 on: April 03, 2020, 04:20:10 PM »

Well it's more than you have. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8558 on: April 03, 2020, 05:33:18 PM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8559 on: April 03, 2020, 05:38:16 PM »

Got nothing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8560 on: April 03, 2020, 05:43:04 PM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8561 on: April 03, 2020, 05:43:44 PM »

Still got nothing. Stop using busted sites.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8562 on: April 03, 2020, 05:48:09 PM »

Still got nothing. Stop using busted sites.

What’chu talkin’ ’bout? Stop making excuses, Maklaunkee.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8563 on: April 03, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »

Die in a fire.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8564 on: April 03, 2020, 07:57:59 PM »

Die in a fire.

My mom is visiting and I told her that "die in a fire" would be your very next response. Thanks for entertaining my mother and me but you're getting a bit predictable, Maklaunkee.

On a side note, I just went to the music shop down the street for the first time to get some new guitar strings and they have a full size movie quality Yoda statue! I'm going back soon with a saber to take pics.

Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: