Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1263828 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #8760 on: June 05, 2020, 01:51:09 PM »

You don’t get to whine

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8761 on: June 05, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »

Not whining. Just post random silly gifs.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8762 on: June 05, 2020, 03:46:40 PM »

This is not anyone whining... this is Lex Luthor reacting to bad news... like maybe that Clark Kent is dating Lana Lang again.

(“Smallville” Lex Luthor, for reference.)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8763 on: June 05, 2020, 03:52:31 PM »

This is not anyone whining... this is Lex Luthor reacting to bad news... like maybe that Clark Kent is dating Lana Lang again.

(“Smallville” Lex Luthor, for reference.)
Lana Lang and Lois Lane. Could they seriously not come up with more creative names?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8764 on: June 05, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »

Lana Lang and Lois Lane. Could they seriously not come up with more creative names?

Clark Kent, Wally West, J'onn J'onzz (Martian Manhunter), Lex Luthor, its not uncommon. When you actually look at the names of heroes (and villains) they usually are actually pretty dumb. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, etc. Really not that great of names usually.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8765 on: June 05, 2020, 05:13:27 PM »

Clark Kent, Wally West, J'onn J'onzz (Martian Manhunter), Lex Luthor, its not uncommon. When you actually look at the names of heroes (and villains) they usually are actually pretty dumb. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, etc. Really not that great of names usually.
Are we talking hero names, or secret identity names?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8766 on: June 05, 2020, 05:44:32 PM »

Lets not forget Clark's College Girlfriend Lori Lemaris (who was also a mermaid).  His penchant falling for women with LL initials has been brought up in the comics before as a joke.  Alliteration in names has long been a recurring comic trope.  While it existed already in a smaller form it really came down to Stan Lee.  He used alliteration to help him remember the character names.

Some have real world meanings.  Superman for instance.  But even though comics have evolved in the modern times to be targeted at older fans...remember they were targeted at kids in the beginning...superhero comics at least.  Short, precise and descriptive names were easier to market to kids.   But really....what else would you call a man who dresses up as a bat......

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8767 on: June 05, 2020, 06:21:40 PM »

Lets not forget Clark's College Girlfriend Lori Lemaris (who was also a mermaid).  His penchant falling for women with LL initials has been brought up in the comics before as a joke.  Alliteration in names has long been a recurring comic trope.  While it existed already in a smaller form it really came down to Stan Lee.  He used alliteration to help him remember the character names.
Alliteration is fine and quirky fun. But good friggin lord, both the love interests are not only alliterate, but both names are comprised of 8 letters each, and the last names are only separated by 1 letter difference. They even sound similar.

But really....what else would you call a man who dresses up as a bat......
EL FUEGO!

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8768 on: June 05, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »

Alliteration is fine and quirky fun. But good friggin lord, both the love interests are not only alliterate, but both names are comprised of 8 letters each, and the last names are only separated by 1 letter difference. They even sound similar.

A lot of that was done for spacing reasons in the early days of comics.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8769 on: June 06, 2020, 02:55:37 AM »

Some have real world meanings.  Superman for instance.  But even though comics have evolved in the modern times to be targeted at older fans...remember they were targeted at kids in the beginning...superhero comics at least.  Short, precise and descriptive names were easier to market to kids.   But really....what else would you call a man who dresses up as a bat......

I'm not saying it's bad, just that they are not terribly creative. Honestly of the ones I mentioned (superhero names) The Flash is the best/most creative.

Are we talking hero names, or secret identity names?

I started with alliterated secret identity names, and then moved on the hero names to show how names are rarely very creative. Admitedly I'm guilty of it myself, though I try to do better than "Superman" (though there are a few of those that I have been trying to weed out for a while now).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8770 on: June 06, 2020, 12:52:08 PM »

I'm not saying it's bad, just that they are not terribly creative. Honestly of the ones I mentioned (superhero names) The Flash is the best/most creative.

I started with alliterated secret identity names, and then moved on the hero names to show how names are rarely very creative. Admitedly I'm guilty of it myself, though I try to do better than "Superman" (though there are a few of those that I have been trying to weed out for a while now).

I disagree that they aren't creative.  Simple doesn't mean uncreative.  In terms of Superman, Jerry Seigel and Joe Shuster created 3 versions before the final one that appeared in Action Comics #1.  The first was a bald villain with telepathic powers given to him by a mad scientist, then a hero given powers by a good scientist, then a Meta-Human from humanities far future that was sent back to help mankind.  These were all called The Superman.  It was a play on the ubermensch ideal from Nietzsche.  Its why he started off as a Villain.  By their 4th iteration they had decided to turn the idea on its head.....what if The Superman wasn't a conqueror...but a Savior.  The he was just...Superman.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8771 on: June 08, 2020, 05:33:32 PM »

Can this week be done already?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8772 on: June 08, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »

Can this week be done already?

Is it a different week from last week?   I've been working since the 1st.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8773 on: June 08, 2020, 08:41:59 PM »

Is it a different week from last week?   I've been working since the 1st.
Time marches on

Sig by For Tyeth

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8774 on: June 09, 2020, 06:50:49 AM »

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: