Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1263755 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #6915 on: March 26, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »

<in mocking tone> But it's not canon.

vv this.

*peaks eyebrows like a vulcan*  Star Wars canon is illogical.

Even without Disney’s messing up what is and isn’t canon, non canon wouldn’t stop me. Just because something isn’t canon doesn’t mean it isn’t good.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6916 on: March 26, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »

*peaks eyebrows like a vulcan*  Star Wars canon is illogical.
It used to be logical. Cry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6917 on: March 26, 2019, 06:40:42 PM »

It used to be logical. Cry

That is debatable. The EU was a mess, and only a few of the storylines actually made sense with the great whole (from what I understand at least. I haven't yet read enough EU books to know that for sure).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6918 on: March 26, 2019, 06:52:06 PM »

That is debatable. The EU was a mess, and only a few of the storylines actually made sense with the great whole (from what I understand at least. I haven't yet read enough EU books to know that for sure).
HA! The more you read the more you'll love it. Yes it was a little spotty with inconsistency, but that's what you get when you try too hard to be edgy instead of just writing a good story. It could have been easily fixed with some discretion and some strategic pruning not an recklessly idiotic purge. Now we're stuck with a bunch of "new" crap.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6919 on: March 26, 2019, 06:55:52 PM »

HA! The more you read the more you'll love it. Yes it was a little spotty with inconsistency, but that's what you get when you try too hard to be edgy instead of just writing a good story. It could have been easily fixed with some discretion and some strategic pruning not an recklessly idiotic purge. Now we're stuck with a bunch of "new" crap.

I still think the purge was a good idea. Though I also feel like after they purged they should have gone through and selected the things that were actually good and fit with their story better rather than just doing away with it all. I mean, the ones like Kenobi that takes place between Ep. III and IV was just grand, and fit perfectly with the rest of the world they were building.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6920 on: March 26, 2019, 07:03:05 PM »

I still think the purge was a good idea. Though I also feel like after they purged they should have gone through and selected the things that were actually good and fit with their story better rather than just doing away with it all. I mean, the ones like Kenobi that takes place between Ep. III and IV was just grand, and fit perfectly with the rest of the world they were building.
Their story needed large print and placed in the children's section. It's crap and basic. It relies too heavily on gimmicks and hocus pocus. And when the details in a story go pear shaped they just come up with the next bone-headed idea to explain it away.

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6921 on: March 26, 2019, 07:55:18 PM »

To me the great disappointment is that they didn't just purge the EU, they've completely invalidated and rejected bunches of it as well.  Instead of just saying "That's not canon ... but it contains canon" and then building their stories around the existing story lines and making sense of them they decided to go totally off the track and give us ...   

Well.  What they gave us. 

I mean, they could have done a trilogy centered around the power struggles of the rising New Republic and the angst of Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi and going through the pain of determining just what their role was going to be in this New Republic.   And we could have gotten to see Han and Leia interacting with their kids and maybe grandkids, Luke and Mara and THEIR kids and maybe grandkids...   

And I mean, c'mon...   Rey is a better female hero than Jaina Solo???   Kylo is better than a fallen Jacen Solo???

Yeah.  So much for common sense.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6922 on: March 26, 2019, 09:09:23 PM »

I would have to hear you sing to get an idea lol

We could arrange that...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #6923 on: March 26, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »

<in mocking tone> But it's not canon.

Thank the Force *Cringes*

*peaks eyebrows like a vulcan*  Star Wars canon is illogical.

Some retcon was for the better some for the worse

Singing is the most rudimentary of human musical talent. If you can carry a tune, you have hope. I find harmonizing to be the hard part.

This is quite true. The voice was the first instrument and many instruments were developed trying to imitate the human voice (i.e. the use of vibrato in strings, the shape of the bell of a brass instrument, etc.). I have many students who come in having trouble matching pitch and those who are willing to put in the effort usually aren't beyond hope. A lot of it is muscular coordination. The more you use it, the better the coordination becomes.

We could arrange that...

That we could!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6924 on: March 27, 2019, 12:35:24 AM »

That we could!

We should!

(Sig by me!)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6925 on: March 27, 2019, 02:03:04 AM »

I scored a sweet goal in my hockey game this evening. One timer in the top corner.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6926 on: March 27, 2019, 02:45:58 AM »

I scored a sweet goal in my hockey game this evening. One timer in the top corner.

How very Alex Ovechkin of you! Congrats.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #6927 on: March 27, 2019, 03:10:57 AM »

How very Alex Ovechkin of you! Congrats.

Thanks! It was from his spot too. Except the other side of the ice because i shoot left.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #6928 on: March 27, 2019, 03:15:13 AM »

finally home

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6929 on: March 27, 2019, 04:52:02 AM »

Thanks! It was from his spot too. Except the other side of the ice because i shoot left.

I also shoot left. If I play street hockey I'm usually like the only one too. Cheesy

Americans have this thing "right handed= shoots right, left handed= shoots left." It's wrong, dominant hand goes on top, every other hockey country in the world knows that... Roll Eyes

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: