Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1241864 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #7365 on: May 23, 2019, 05:34:47 PM »

Maybe because that’s what it actually was? 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lolol right haha

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7366 on: May 23, 2019, 05:58:52 PM »

And I will agree that some....some remakes are actually good. I would say unless the original absolutely sucked <insert inappropriate suckable object>, it should be left alone. Will Smith actually turned down the role of Genie, initially, because he knew he couldn't match Robin Williams. Beauty and the Beast, I'll admit, was well done, but just didn't need to be done. I liked how it expanded on the prince before the curse. But smaller things like Gaston's size couldn't be replicated IRL without finding some meathead that can't act. They also diminished the size of the Beast. Plus the musical aspect, for me, just falls apart in a live action movie. NTM Emma doesn't have a terrible voice, but animated characters are easier to give speaking voices and then singing voices by actual musical talent. Like in Mulan, B.D. Wong was the speaking voice of Li Shang, but the singing voice was Donny Osmond.
  well said for beauty and the beast won't lie I watched it and feel exactly the same. I didn't know that Will Smith turned it down hopefully its awesome if so will watch it, this was a good chat and I'm glad we both agree they should make little shop of horrors (lol kidding lol)

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7367 on: May 23, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »

Ah yes, your YouTube issues.... Jackie Chan singing I’ll make a man out of you in Mandarin and Cantonese. He voiced Li Shang in both versions
Ah. I have difficulty picturing him in serious roles. But I really want to see the Foreigner.

Maybe because that’s what it actually was? 😂
lolol right haha
lol wrong Tongue

well said for beauty and the beast won't lie I watched it and feel exactly the same. I didn't know that Will Smith turned it down hopefully its awesome if so will watch it,
Only initially. Obviously it ended up happening. I feel that this Aladdin will differ more from the original more than B&B did. I'll admit the last trailer I saw for it made me very curious/hopeful.

this was a good chat and I'm glad we both agree they should make little shop of horrors (lol kidding lol)
-_-

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7368 on: May 23, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »

It all depends on what you mean by "Remake".   Things like Burton's Willy Wonka, Momoa's Conan and Murder on the Orient Express were all books.... so unless they try to replicate 100% an earlier film adaption it just a new version of the adapted from the source.  In terms of Scarface the original in the 50s was about the Italian Mob, the one with Pacino was about the Cocaine lords of that era and there is another in the works Starring Pedro Pascal which will deal with the Cartels.  Its an interesting Idea that every generation will get a Scarface representing the Crime Lords of that era.  Hell nearly every Clint Eastwood western was a remake of Samurai Films...in fact many westerns were.   Remakes aren't inherently bad as long as they are either improving or updating...the right way.  But its rare.  Best Remake of all time to me at least...The Ten Commandments.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7369 on: May 23, 2019, 11:05:53 PM »

It all depends on what you mean by "Remake".   Things like Burton's Willy Wonka, Momoa's Conan and Murder on the Orient Express were all books.... so unless they try to replicate 100% an earlier film adaption it just a new version of the adapted from the source.  In terms of Scarface the original in the 50s was about the Italian Mob, the one with Pacino was about the Cocaine lords of that era and there is another in the works Starring Pedro Pascal which will deal with the Cartels.  Its an interesting Idea that every generation will get a Scarface representing the Crime Lords of that era.  Hell nearly every Clint Eastwood western was a remake of Samurai Films...in fact many westerns were.   Remakes aren't inherently bad as long as they are either improving or updating...the right way.  But its rare.  Best Remake of all time to me at least...The Ten Commandments.
    That's all very true and well said, but the willy Wonka remake with Johnny Depp compared to Gene Wilder and really similar. The conan remake I was very let down with ugh heyyyyy! Lol but your also right I agree with both of you guys

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7370 on: May 24, 2019, 12:00:34 AM »

That's all very true and well said, but the willy Wonka remake with Johnny Depp compared to Gene Wilder and really similar. The conan remake I was very let down with ugh heyyyyy! Lol but your also right I agree with both of you guys

The Similarities come from being adapted from the same source material.   Momoa's Conan was a let down mainly because of the Villain.  Momoa actually looks more like how Conan is described than Ahnold did...but Conan's enemies were always beings or creatures that were far out of Conan's weight class.  But through his ferocity and tenacity he always won... not without cost though.  The villain for Momoa's was not intimidating in the least

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7371 on: May 24, 2019, 03:03:57 AM »

The Similarities come from being adapted from the same source material.   Momoa's Conan was a let down mainly because of the Villain.  Momoa actually looks more like how Conan is described than Ahnold did...but Conan's enemies were always beings or creatures that were far out of Conan's weight class.  But through his ferocity and tenacity he always won... not without cost though.  The villain for Momoa's was not intimidating in the least
I'm a huge Jason Momoa  fan Khal Drogo is still my favorite character and bullet to the head awesome flick, aquaman rocks 😀 but I didn't like the entire movie nothing to do with him but bad writing bad directing bad everything except for Jason. Probably cause I grew up with Arnold's Conan I mean I can still remember him punching the horse in the face 😳 how did they cgi that in the 80s smh, loved him as Conan but Jason is also awesome.  It didn't do well so probably won't see a sequel that makes me upset, still hoping for king Conan lol. If you are a game of thrones fan you might know but they 1 pilot is bought by HBO the other 4 are still writing and moving forward.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7372 on: May 24, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

I'm a huge Jason Momoa  fan Khal Drogo is still my favorite character and bullet to the head awesome flick, aquaman rocks 😀 but I didn't like the entire movie nothing to do with him but bad writing bad directing bad everything except for Jason. Probably cause I grew up with Arnold's Conan I mean I can still remember him punching the horse in the face 😳 how did they cgi that in the 80s smh, loved him as Conan but Jason is also awesome.  It didn't do well so probably won't see a sequel that makes me upset, still hoping for king Conan lol. If you are a game of thrones fan you might know but they 1 pilot is bought by HBO the other 4 are still writing and moving forward.

I actually read the original Conan Stories first before seeing the Arnold films.  In the stories Conan is described and a large man (Tall) with sinewy muscles and Panther-ish.  Not nearly as bulky as Arnold was, in addition to square cut black hair and intense blue eyes and bronzed skin.  So you see Momoa was closer in look...but I still love the Arnold films.  As for punching the Camel, it wasn't cg.  He did a stage punch (pulling up short but using camera angles to make it seem like he connected) and the Camel was trained to fall on command

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7373 on: May 24, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »

Interesting. No, not all remakes are bad, but there is a staggering many that just should have never been. And I don't list book adaptations as remakes, but those are just as hit and miss. Like Dune has been redone numerous times, yet most feel that the best one was the 1984 release. I was let down by their interpretation of the Weirding Way being space magic with laser boxes, but it served a purpose.

Many didn't like the dark nature of Burton's Wonka, but if memory serves, was way closer to the book, with a few modern exceptions, like Mike Teevee (don't know how it's spelled) was a jerk prodigy that loved gaming instead of just a kid that was raised by TV. But I will always love the one with Gene Wilder.

Are we talking Heston's Commandments?

I actually read the original Conan Stories first before seeing the Arnold films.  In the stories Conan is described and a large man (Tall) with sinewy muscles and Panther-ish.  Not nearly as bulky as Arnold was, in addition to square cut black hair and intense blue eyes and bronzed skin.  So you see Momoa was closer in look...but I still love the Arnold films.  As for punching the Camel, it wasn't cg.  He did a stage punch (pulling up short but using camera angles to make it seem like he connected) and the Camel was trained to fall on command
Arnold fit the 1970s/80s fantasy genre hero mold....or made it. IDK. But Jason's size was more practical for how the character lived.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7374 on: May 24, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »

Yes the original Dune was awesome, was excited to watch the new version or remake couldn't tell you I turned it of after 5 mins wasn't into it at all. 1 remake I liked was freddy cruger but sucked on the freddy costume original was a better, so that didn't get recieved well.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7375 on: May 24, 2019, 02:18:41 PM »

Are we talking Heston's Commandments?

Yarp.  The First The Ten Commandments was made by Cecil B. Demile. in the 20s  and then years later decided to remake it but bigger, better, in color and sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7376 on: May 24, 2019, 02:39:59 PM »

Yarp.  The First The Ten Commandments was made by Cecil B. Demile. in the 20s  and then years later decided to remake it but bigger, better, in color and sound.
Had to reread. Thought you said "ten" years later.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7377 on: May 24, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »

Arnold fit the 1970s/80s fantasy genre hero mold....or made it. IDK. But Jason's size was more practical for how the character lived.

I think its fair to say Ahnold created the idea of Barbarians being bulky instead of Lean.  He-Man, at least in the cartoon, was more or less built like the old school body builders...the ones who were less bulky but looked more solid.  Arnold could still play Conan though, hell the very first Conan story ever published was After Conan became King of Aquilonia...

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7378 on: May 24, 2019, 07:39:29 PM »

*sips coffee*

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7379 on: May 24, 2019, 07:43:00 PM »

*sips coffee*
One of those days?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: