Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Author Topic: The Movie Chat Thread  (Read 55340 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »

Yeah. I don't think he'd do it, although, for his career, I think he should. He seems so intent on making certain types of films. I'm really surprised he did Suicide Squad.
Every actor knows the instant cool factor and exposure appearing in a comic book movie can give your career, so I wasn't surprised he did Suicide Squad.

I too am mixed.  The Matrix is certainly one of those Franchises that could be redone every so often and work...but not now.  Those of us who were teens when it came out are not even in out 40s yet...give us time to at least hit 70 before rebooting something.  But I hope Micheal B. Jordan stays as far away from it as possible.   If anything they should cast Will Smith as the intended to in the original. :p
I love Michael B Jordan but, personally, i don't think he needs it. He's in the upcoming Black Panther movie. He has just reinvigorated the Rocky franchise with the Creed spin-off as well. His career is going along nicely, so I don't think he wants to take a misstep now.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2017, 12:45:52 AM »

Yeah. I don't think he'd do it, although, for his career, I think he should. He seems so intent on making certain types of films. I'm really surprised he did Suicide Squad.

Considering he said one of his biggest regrets was doing Wild Wild West instead of Accepting the Role of Neo, I think he would do it.  Smith has actually been in a lot of films that don't fit his "style".  He played Satan in Winters Tale and is starring in the Netflix film Bright, which has Orcs, faeries and other fantasy creatures in a Modern setting (which is very close to a story I have been working on for years..dang it)

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2017, 12:48:37 AM »

the Netflix film Bright, which has Orcs, faeries and other fačntasy creatures in a Modern setting (which is very close to a story I have been working on for years..dang it)
Max Landis beat you to it

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2017, 01:08:50 AM »

Max Landis beat you to it

Well technically my story takes place in a "western" setting.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

Joss Whedon is in advanced talks to join the DCEU to write, produce AND direct a Batgirl movie. Not 100% confirmed yet, but apparently it may almost be a done deal.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2017, 05:23:52 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

Joss Whedon is in advanced talks to join the DCEU to write, produce AND direct a Batgirl movie. Not 100% confirmed yet, but apparently it may almost be a done deal.

Giggidy......

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2017, 11:24:09 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

I've never been that much of a Batgirl fan, and I would prefer that it be Oracle better, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. Depends on the actress though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2017, 05:45:28 AM »

Every time I watch The Road to El Dorado I remember why it is one of (if not the) greatest animated movies ever made.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »

Every time I watch The Road to El Dorado I remember why it is one of (if not the) greatest animated movies ever made.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2017, 03:52:42 AM »

BREAKING NEWS:

I absolutely ADORE Joss Whedon and am really into DC Comics, so I think this is great news.

The thing that makes this project exciting is that there are three different women who've taken up the Batgirl mantle, so... who does he go for? All three of them fit Joss's style. If he were to go for more of a River Tam vibe, then Cassandra Cain would be perfect. If he were to go for witty dialogue, Stephanie Brown would be it. Barbara Gordon is probably the least up his alley, but Gail Simone's terrific run in the New 52 does bring the character slightly closer to Stephanie's personality, so he could use that as inspiration. It's Barbara post-Oracle, so she's not as stuffy, but still has a LOT of baggage. He could have fun with that.

Oh, and it was a total missed opportunity casting Jena Malone in that small role in Batman v Superman, because she would have made for a terrific Barbara Gordon. Emma Stone would also be great for the role, however. And they could cast Andrew Garfield as Nightwing, which would make for a nice TASM reunion of sorts.

OAK1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -13

Say When

« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2017, 03:38:01 AM »

JJ has been hired for #9 kill me now.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzDIClx-_pY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzDIClx-_pY</a>

All is as the Force wills it. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2017, 05:03:11 AM »

JJ has been hired for #9 kill me now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzDIClx-_pY

Give him a chance. You have to remember that it was his first SW, as well as a first in a new trilogy, and it was what the fans (or some of them at least) requested. Depending on where Ep. 8 goes, he could do amazing with it.

OAK1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -13

Say When

« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2017, 05:09:14 AM »

May the Lens Flare be with you.  Tongue

All is as the Force wills it. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »

Give him a chance. You have to remember that it was his first SW, as well as a first in a new trilogy, and it was what the fans (or some of them at least) requested. Depending on where Ep. 8 goes, he could do amazing with it.
He pissed on his chance with VII. And as far as what fans wanted, I stumbled across the "I hate the new SW" section of YouTube yesterday. WOW!

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2017, 08:25:27 PM »

He pissed on his chance with VII. And as far as what fans wanted, I stumbled across the "I hate the new SW" section of YouTube yesterday. WOW!

There were a lot of people asking for another ANH, and that is what he delivered.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: