Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL 2 - NEW TRAILER  (Read 2595 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: March 01, 2017, 04:47:17 PM »

Ok. So there I was, all giddy with excitement at the thought of watching Logan on Friday preparing myself for all manner of badassery and then Marvel go and release another AMAZING trailer for GOTG 2. Damn them. God damn them all to hell!!!!

(And how good does Kurt Russell look with a beard?)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdv_6gl4gk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdv_6gl4gk</a>

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:51:42 PM »

That was a much better trailer than the first.

Now I feel a little more excitement for this.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »

That was a much better trailer than the first.

Now I feel a little more excitement for this.
Only a "little" more excites?

First trailer was funnier and was a nice tease. This is great and we get to see KURT f*CKIN RUSSELL!!!

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 05:45:45 PM »

(And how good does Kurt Russell look with a beard?)

But have you seen his HATEFUL EIGHT mustache?

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »

But have you seen his HATEFUL EIGHT mustache?
Of course. It was an extreme version of his Tombstone and Bone Tomahawk facial theme.

Kurt Russell makes everything look great though. And let us not forget he rocked an awesome beard in The Thing.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:32:35 PM »

Oh yeeeessssssssssss !!!!!!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 09:35:06 PM »

No no more! It's already way too hard to wait for this movie! Aaaargh, time needs to move faster!

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »

I'm excited for Baby Groot.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 12:01:44 AM »

I cannot wait for this movie. That being said, I really wish people would only release 1 trailer, and not give anything away. I didn't want to see Peter's dad, I wanted it to be a surprise, even though I knew he would be in this movie.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 12:04:28 AM »

I cannot wait for this movie. That being said, I really wish people would only release 1 trailer, and not give anything away. I didn't want to see Peter's dad, I wanted it to be a surprise, even though I knew he would be in this movie.
James Gun tweeted out that the reveal of Peter's dad happens at the beginning of the movie, so not really a spoiler.

Plus, as I said on the movie chat thread, there are two types of movie goers. The hardcore faithful (including geeks and movie buffs like many on this forum) and the casual movie goer. Casual movie goers will only see one of the multiple trailers that studios release. And there's nothing forcing you to watch a new trailer if you don't want to know anything more about a movie before it's released.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 12:07:05 AM »

James Gun tweeted out that the reveal of Peter's dad happens at the beginning of the movie, so not really a spoiler.

Plus, as I said on the movie chat thread, there are two types of movie goers. The hardcore faithful (including geeks and movie buffs like many on this forum) and the casual movie goer. Casual movie goers will only see one of the multiple trailers that studios release. And there's nothing forcing you to watch a new trailer if you don't want to know anything more about a movie before it's released.

I know that, but I just want to build up of excitement to be so great that when you go watch the movie you are blown away with everything. Personally I wouldn't even mind if there was no trailer for SW Ep. VIII. I would be happy with not knowing anything that will happen.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »

I know that, but I just want to build up of excitement to be so great that when you go watch the movie you are blown away with everything. Personally I wouldn't even mind if there was no trailer for SW Ep. VIII. I would be happy with not knowing anything that will happen.
Again I say, if you want that to be your experience then just don't watch the trailers. No one is forcing you to. And despite what many people think, even though this is the digital age it is entirely possible to avoid trailers and spoilers online. Just need to exhibit some self-control. However, if you can't do that and then watch all the trailers, you can't really complain about too many trailers or their content.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 12:19:15 AM »

Again I say, if you want that to be your experience then just don't watch the trailers. No one is forcing you to. And despite what many people think, even though this is the digital age it is entirely possible to avoid trailers and spoilers online. Just need to exhibit some self-control. However, if you cant do that and then watch all the trailers, you can't really complain about too many trailers or their content.

Word.

I only watch trailers for major tentpoles because I consider the marketing to be part of the experience for them. Aside from that, I rarely watch any others aside from what I see in theaters. I just pay attention to buzz surrounding other movies and check them out when they're released so I can be completely surprised.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 12:27:17 AM »

Word.

I only watch trailers for major tentpoles because I consider the marketing to be part of the experience for them. Aside from that, I rarely watch any others aside from what I see in theaters. I just pay attention to buzz surrounding other movies and check them out when they're released so I can be completely surprised.
My favourite part of the going to the cinema is seeing the trailers. However, I see most of my trailers for the first time online these days. But that still doesn't reduce the thrill of seeing it on the big screen. And fortunately, smaller budgeted/less well known movies still show their trailers at the cinema, so I discover undiscovered gems and upcoming releases that way.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 02:25:08 AM »

My favourite part of the going to the cinema is seeing the trailers. However, I see most of my trailers for the first time online these days. But that still doesn't reduce the thrill of seeing it on the big screen. And fortunately, smaller budgeted/less well known movies still show their trailers at the cinema, so I discover undiscovered gems and upcoming releases that way.

They're always SO much more fun on the big screen! Grin

I occasionally see trailers for smaller films at the theater, but it's mostly tentpoles that get the attention. Which is especially ridiculous, considering most of the theaters around me show 8 trailers before the movie.

Unless I luck out and one of them shows a smaller film I really want to see I tend to not see trailers for them. But that's okay; I read enough film critciism to be pretty aware of them. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: