Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Batman vs Darth Vader: Superhero Beatdown  (Read 11203 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »

Amazing the difference those 4 or 5 years can make! Lol

If I was the right age I could see myself absolutely loving the show

While I was the right age I never saw it as a kid.  It came on Fox and I only got abc, cbs and nbc.  It was a source of a bit of contention for me because all my friends loved it but I had no idea what they were talking about..so you can imagine I was left out of a lot of conversations.  Fast forward and I didn't even make past 2 episodes..but I love the Japanese show.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 04:50:41 PM »

While I was the right age I never saw it as a kid.  It came on Fox and I only got abc, cbs and nbc.  It was a source of a bit of contention for me because all my friends loved it but I had no idea what they were talking about..
You sound like Calon! LOL

But there were certain shows on tv when I was a kid that you just HAD to watch otherwise, like you, you'd end up left out and ostracised from the conversation at the school the next day.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »

You sound like Calon! LOL

Yea but that was back in the day if you didn't have cable you were screwed added that there was no streaming services (the internet didn't reach to where I lived till I was 19) so I was limited by means outside of my control :p

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 05:26:04 PM »

Yea but that was back in the day if you didn't have cable you were screwed added that there was no streaming services (the internet didn't reach to where I lived till I was 19) so I was limited by means outside of my control :p
How many basic tv channels were there when you were a kid? In the UK there was 4. And satellite tv didn't really become a commercial thing until I was about 14 or 15. But, as we've already stated, it was a video rental generation!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 05:32:26 PM »

How many basic tv channels were there when you were a kid? In the UK there was 4. And satellite tv didn't really become a commercial thing until I was about 14 or 15. But, as we've already stated, it was a video rental generation!

for me personally there were 3 (as stated Abc, Cbs, Nbc)  But Fox was a "newer" broadcast station and since I lived so far into the country, and this was the time of antennas on houses, I was unable to get Fox.  For some reason all the cartoons and kids shows began moving to Fox, so by the time I was 13 I was unable to see any of the shows my friends watched as they all either lived within broadcast distance or had cable.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »

for me personally there were 3 (as stated Abc, Cbs, Nbc)  But Fox was a "newer" broadcast station and since I lived so far into the country, and this was the time of antennas on houses, I was unable to get Fox.  For some reason all the cartoons and kids shows began moving to Fox, so by the time I was 13 I was unable to see any of the shows my friends watched as they all either lived within broadcast distance or had cable.
Did you never go round to their houses after school to watch cartoons together?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »

Did you never go round to their houses after school to watch cartoons together?

Nope, like I said, I lived so far out that I actually rarely went anywhere except on Fridays which was grocery day when we would rent movies for the weekends.  I honestly did not know kids saw each other outside of school until I was 11.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »

Nope, like I said, I lived so far out that I actually rarely went anywhere except on Fridays which was grocery day when we would rent movies for the weekends.  I honestly did not know kids saw each other outside of school until I was 11.
OH. This makes me sad. But, on the flip side you got to watch loads of movies which helped turned you into the awesome cinephile you are today.

And after school cartoon watching with friends was over-rated. Honestly, you didn't miss out on much. (Is my feeble attempt at deception comforting at all?  Cheesy)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »

I remember the Captain America vs Master Chief fight being particularly divisive (Cap won), even here, and I also remember successfully arguing why Cap would win that fight based on feats and skills.

That one was too close to call for me.  Human enhanced by a serum vs human enhanced by cybernetics.  The biggest complaint among Halo fans is that they got Master Chief's abilities wrong.  For one thing, his ever present energy shield was missing.  Plus, there were complaints that he used a Covenant plasma grenade, which he wouldn't have without Covenant present to take one from, as the grenades in his arsenal are frag grenades.  Stuff like that ticks us nerds off.  Wink

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »

Stuff like that ticks us nerds off.  Wink
Online Fan Boy rage at tiny mistakes of the things they love and are knowledgeable about? When has that EVER happened?  Cheesy

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »

OH. This makes me sad. But, on the flip side you got to watch loads of movies which helped turned you into the awesome cinephile you are today.

And after school cartoon watching with friends was over-rated. Honestly, you didn't miss out on much. (Is my feeble attempt at deception comforting at all?  Cheesy)

Ah..not sad about it.   Like you said I learned to have a wider appreciation for film, I read a lot, I learned how to hunt and work with my hands, i spent free time roaming the woods with my siblings.  Sure I may have become a bit of an introvert but Im fine with it.....I think:P

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »

That one was too close to call for me.  Human enhanced by a serum vs human enhanced by cybernetics.  The biggest complaint among Halo fans is that they got Master Chief's abilities wrong.  For one thing, his ever present energy shield was missing.  Plus, there were complaints that he used a Covenant plasma grenade, which he wouldn't have without Covenant present to take one from, as the grenades in his arsenal are frag grenades.  Stuff like that ticks us nerds off.  Wink

Halo fan boys are nerds?  Huh...I always considered them Jock wannabe's with massive inferiority complexes.... Tongue (just be clear, good natured ribbing_

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 05:52:20 PM »

I'm mature enough to not rage about it, I was just disappointed.  Other nerds, on the other hand...

Of course, then there are the people who have no idea what they're talking about and post anyway.  For example, several people said the jump out of the plane with no parachute would have killed Cap, even though he does that in the comics and even in the films.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 05:54:44 PM »

I'm mature enough to not rage about it, I was just disappointed.  Other nerds, on the other hand...

Of course, then there are the people who have no idea what they're talking about and post anyway.  For example, several people said the jumo out of the plane with no parachute would have killed Cap, even though he does that in the comics and even in the films.

I've come across that a lot since the MCU started.  If your only exposure to these characters are the movies, thats fine.  But don't act like you know more about them than those of us who have lived and breathed these characters stories for Decades.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »

I'm mature enough to not rage about it, I was just disappointed.  Other nerds, on the other hand...
Those are the ones that gives nerds/geeks a bad name.

Of course, then there are the people who have no idea what they're talking about and post anyway.  For example, several people said the jump out of the plane with no parachute would have killed Cap, even though he does that in the comics and even in the films.
As great as it is to get new people joining the clandom of geek, it would be great if they did a little research on the history of the character before spouting off as though they are an expert. Mistakes happen, but posting as though they are the authority and then refusing to acknowledge their errors when it pointed out to them is immensely frustrating.

I think the problem nowadays is some people view the movies as the whole information they need on a character, completely disregarding the 40, 50, 60 years worth of comic history. And, in this day and age where a simple google search will give you all the information you need, that kind of thing is unforgivable.

And I won't stand for it I tells ya. Not this time. The line must be drawn here. This far and no further. And I'll take this all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary!!!!!! Grin Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: