Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Batman vs Darth Vader: Superhero Beatdown  (Read 11231 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 06:09:57 PM »

Those are the ones that gives nerds/geeks a bad name.
As great as it is to get new people joining the clandom of geek, it would be great if they did a little research on the history of the character before spouting off as though they are an expert. Mistakes happen, but posting as though they are the authority and then refusing to acknowledge their errors when it pointed out to them is immensely frustrating.

I think the problem nowadays is some people view the movies as the whole information they need on a character, completely disregarding the 40, 50, 60 years worth of comic history. And, in this day and age where a simple google search will give you all the information you need, that kind of thing is unforgivable.

And I won't stand for it I tells ya. Not this time. The line must be drawn here. This far and no further. And I'll take this all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary!!!!!! Grin Cheesy

Not researching is a big pet peeve of mine.  Like you said mistakes happen but the utter lack of effort is galling sometimes...Like this gem...obviously made by someone that read a headline and never looked further and thought they made a clever joke....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »

Not researching is a big pet peeve of mine.  Like you said mistakes happen but the utter lack of effort is galling sometimes...Like this gem...obviously made by someone that read a headline and never looked further and thought they made a clever joke....

Do NOT even get me started.

I'm all for more female characters in superhero movies, but the calls for a female Thor in the movies totally disregards all the other great storylines that he has had since 1962. As a black guy I am all for more black superheroes on screen too, but that doesn't mean I think we need to bypass Peter Parker and go straight to Miles Morales.

This whole, "it's popular now and I want it in the movies NOW" selfish attitude of some (younger) people just speaks to their immaturity. But, anyway, how does being a mythical Norse God translate to being a Disney "Princess"? That logic does not resemble our Earth logic.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2017, 06:24:46 PM »

Do NOT even get me started.

I'm all for more female characters in superhero movies, but the calls for a female Thor in the movies totally disregards all the other great storylines that he has had since 1962. As a black guy I am all for more black superheroes on screen too, but that doesn't mean I think we need to bypass Peter Parker and go straight to Miles Morales.

This whole, "it's popular now and I want it in the movies NOW" selfish attitude of some (younger) people just speaks to their immaturity. But, anyway, how does being a mythical Norse God translate to being a Disney "Princess"? That logic does not resemble our Earth logic.

It was because of the erroneous belief that Thor was transformed into a woman.  Since he was Prince of Asgard, if he were to become a woman he would be a Princess and since Disney owns Marvel...Disney princess.  When this happened in the comics the articles about it all had misleading titles that lead people to believe Thor was turned into a woman.  If they had read the articles or comics they would have known Thor became Unworthy to wield the hammer and a Woman was now "Thor".  That started a whole other argument in that Thor was not a mantle...even though it clearly states on the Hammer it is a Mantle and has been carried by others in the comics (including Wonder Woman).  Which leads into the whole "people only familiar  with the movies" aspect.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »

It was because of the erroneous belief that Thor was transformed into a woman.  Since he was Prince of Asgard, if he were to become a woman he would be a Princess and since Disney owns Marvel...Disney princess.  When this happened in the comics the articles about it all had misleading titles that lead people to believe Thor was turned into a woman.  If they had read the articles or comics they would have known Thor became Unworthy to wield the hammer and a Woman was now "Thor".  That started a whole other argument in that Thor was not a mantle...even though it clearly states on the Hammer it is a Mantle and has been carried by others in the comics (including Wonder Woman).  Which leads into the whole "people only familiar  with the movies" aspect.
I remember reading all about that when the character was introduced. It's like all the uproar that happened with the Captain America is actually an agent of Hydra. It's stuff like that which is why I tend to stay away from such articles on the internet. It's a waste of energy reading/getting involved with them. And life is too short for such negativity.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: