Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean New Trailer  (Read 1444 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: March 02, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPf4rGw3XHw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPf4rGw3XHw</a>

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »

OK. From the outset the first PotC movie was AMAZING. Funny, action packed, touching, great performances and good pacing. Since then (and I know Calon will strongly disagree with this point) the franchise has been going downhill. That is just my opinion, one shared by a lot of people while others disagree. (This is not a competition, just an open forum to discuss opinions). The other movies have had overly complicated plots and took a character (Jack Sparrow) who was a great background character and pushed him front and centre. When it comes to Jack Sparrow, less is more. He is your big gun that you use sparringly so that his impact is all the greater when he is on screen.

I was not blown away by the first trailer to this new movie, but credit where credit is due, this looks like the best PotC film since the first one. And if it was CGI de-aging on the younger Sparrow, then it is best I have seen to date. If it was an actor then he is a spitting image of (a young) Johnny Depp.

It will be interesting to see how Will Turner (who is also cast in the movie) fits in to the plot.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »

OK. From the outset the first PotC movie was AMAZING. Funny, action packed, touching, great performances and good pacing. Since then (and I know Calon will strongly disagree with this point) the franchise has been going downhill. That is just my opinion, one shared by a lot of people while others disagree. (This is not a competition, just an open forum to discuss opinions). The other movies have had overly complicated plots and took a character (Jack Sparrow) who was a great background character and pushed him front and centre. When it comes to Jack Sparrow, less is more. He is your big gun that you use sparringly so that his impact is all the greater when he is on screen.

I was not blown away by the first trailer to this new movie, but credit where credit is due, this looks like the best PotC film since the first one. And if it was CGI de-aging on the younger Sparrow, then it is best I have seen to date. If it was an actor then he is a spitting image of (a young) Johnny Depp.

It will be interesting to see how Will Turner (who is also cast in the movie) fits in to the plot.

Pretty sure the new young lead is Will and Elizabeth's son

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 05:13:54 PM »

Now I've got that score stuck in my head, but if I'm being honest it makes even the most mundane tasks epic.

I've been on a pirate kick recently with the final season of Black Sails in full swing, I just wish it would come out this month and not in may.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 05:15:08 PM »

Now I've got that score stuck in my head, but if I'm being honest it makes even the most mundane tasks epic.

I've been on a pirate kick recently with the final season of Black Sails in full swing, I just wish it would come out this month and not in may.
Hans Zimmer's score is as classic as they get.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 02:22:03 AM »

Don't know how I managed to miss this thread.

This trailer has me more excited than the first one, but I don't think it's going to be all that good based only on the trailers. Although this one did have some good lines. Cheesy

Since then (and I know Calon will strongly disagree with this point) the franchise has been going downhill.

Not at all. First one was easily the best. Then comes 4, followed by 3 and then 2. (My opinion of course)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 07:56:14 AM »

Not at all. First one was easily the best. Then comes 4, followed by 3 and then 2. (My opinion of course)
So you do disagree with me, as I think the first is the only good one. It's fine that you disagree me with though (as I thought you would).

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 05:44:19 PM »

I do like how they took the "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor" song...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw</a>

...and turned it all melancholic while changing the lyrics to "What shall we do with a cursed pirate"

Plus Kaya Scodelario. Any movie she's in gets my attention immediately.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 04:05:04 AM »

So you do disagree with me, as I think the first is the only good one. It's fine that you disagree me with though (as I thought you would).

Heh heh. The first one is certainly my favourite, so maybe I could say I agree about it going downhill like that. But I think they got better from 2, so maybe not.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: