Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Top 11 Favourite Female Actors of all Time  (Read 11344 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: March 02, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »

And now……..it's time for the LADIES! In this round we focus on those actresses who make shows and movies memorable, fun, engaging, emotional or kickass. Please make sure to read all the rules before posting

Rules of the game:

- You are only allowed to pick 11 actors (that's 10 with a bonus pick)
- Only THREE Honourable mentions are allowed
- Your choices DO NOT have to be in order of favourites
- For this round, FEMALE actors only
- Your choices are not necessarily the BEST actresses per se, but your FAVOURITE.
- NO voice actors (unless they are actors who have appeared in tv shows and movies and also do voice acting. For example: Mark Hamil)
- Please keep your choices clean (NO adult actresses). And if you are stating a reason for your pick, focus on the art NOT their looks.

Please remember - That all opinions on actors are subjective. There are no wrong or right answers for the actors you love, so no putting down other peoples picks if they choose something you disagree with.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »

While not an actual rule, let's remember to be respectful when making any comments about the female actresses that may be listed. This is not a locker room and we do have women who are members of the forum too. Keep it classy, keep it clean.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:01:29 PM »

As previously stated, these are in no particular order. I love all these guys for various reasons. The numbers are just there to make sure I limited myself to 11. This was another toughie topic

My picks:

1- Cate Blanchett
2- Juliette Lewis
3- Emily Blunt
4- Uma Thurman
5- Gina Torres
6- Angela Bassett
7- Helen Mirren
8- Mila Kunis
9- Cobie Smulders
10- Amy Adams
11- Sigourney Weaver

Honourable mentions:
i- Scarlett Johansson
ii- Angelina Jolie
iii- Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »

1- Maggie Smith
2- Emily Blunt
3- Charlize Theron
4- Amy Adams
5- Sigourney Weaver
6- Helen Mirren
7- Judi Dench
8- Anne Hathaway
9- Gemma Arterton
10- Meryl Streep
11- Cate Blanchette

Honorable Mention:
A- Scarlett Johansson
B- Gal Gadot
C- Julie Andrews

I chose these ones because no matter what role it is, they always bring a touch of elegance and class.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 05:16:10 PM »

1- Maggie Smith
2- Emily Blunt
3- Charlize Theron
4- Amy Adams
5- Sigourney Weaver
6- Helen Mirren
7- Judi Dench
8- Anne Hathaway
9- Gemma Arterton
10- Meryl Streep
11- Cate Blanchette

Honorable Mention:
A- Scarlett Johansson
B- Gal Gadot
C- Julie Andrews

I chose these ones because no matter what role it is, they always bring a touch of elegance and class.
Nice list and nice reasoning too. Point for the Julie Andrews (loved her when I first saw Mary Poppins as a child and still love her to this day).

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:45 PM »

As usual, a very VERY complicated Top to make.

This is mine  Wink

1. Clémence Poésy
2. Cate Blanchett
3. Claire Danes
4. Michel Pfeiffer
5. Joey Wong
6. Mylène Demongeot
7. Sophie Marceau
8. Monica Bellucci
9. Jodie Foster
10. Sandrine Kiberlain
11. Madonna

I. Carole Bouquet
II. Scarlett Johansson
III. Helen Mirren

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »

1.) Maggie Smith
2.) Scarlett Johansen
3.) Helen Mirren
4.) Famke Jansen
5.) Charlize Theron
6.) Marion Cotillard
7.) Kathy Bates
8.) Stana Katic
9.) Renee Russo
10.) Bryce Dallas Howard
11.) Tatiana Maslany

Honorable Mentions: Sigourney Weaver, Aubrey Plaza, and Meryl Streep (politics not withstanding)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 10:33:57 PM »

1.) Maggie Smith
2.) Scarlett Johansen
3.) Helen Mirren
4.) Famke Jansen
5.) Charlize Theron
6.) Marion Cotillard
7.) Kathy Bates
8.) Stana Katic
9.) Renee Russo
10.) Bryce Dallas Howard
11.) Tatiana Maslany

Honorable Mentions: Sigourney Weaver, Aubrey Plaza, and Meryl Streep (politics not withstanding)
Tatiana Maslany REALLY deserves to be a much bigger star than she currently is. I would love to see her in something like Star Wars or the MCU.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 12:17:28 AM »

Hmm. I think I might can do this one.

1. Daisy Ridley
2. Scarlet Johansson
3. Poppy Drayton
4. Cate Blanchette
5. Julie Andrews
6. Anna Kendrick
7. Natalie Portman
8. Carrie Fisher
9. Debbie Reynolds
10. Alexanda Daddario
11. Gal Gadot

Honorable Mentions:

Lucy Griffiths, Rebel Wilson, Evangeline Lilly.

It was actually very hard to think of these.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »

Heck yeah, I've been waiting for this one.  Cool

1. Halle Berry
2. Sandra Bullock
3. Kate Beckinsale
4. Cate Blanchett
5. Angelina Jolie
6. Uma Thurman
7. Sigourney Weaver
8. Helen Mirren
9. Marisa Tomei
10. Meg Ryan
11. Viola Davis

Honorables:  Anne Hathaway, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sally Field

OK, tough list.  Tough to come up with actresses?  No, not in the least.  Tough to limit it to only 14.  So many super talented ladies out there.  I spent a bit more time on this than I do many of my lists, which are usually done one the fly.  I wanted to focus more on acting, not just beauty.  Sure, there are plenty of beautiful women on my list, but I picked the ones I did not because of that, but because I really enjoy them in their roles.  I picked women with range, who can sell me a role.  After all, if I wanted to just go by beauty, I could have put Megan Fox on my list.  Sorry if that sounds mean, but think of the number of times you've  heard Megan Fox praised for her acting.  So, I tried to keep it to good actresses, not just beautiful ones.  It just so happens that many great actresses are also beautiful.  And, there are plenty who aren't beautiful.  I also tried to stay away from women who are really talented, but that I've seen in one or two things.  While I love them in those things, I don't have enough of a basis for picking them.  If I wanted to do that, I could have had this list done in 30 seconds, but it wouldn't have been a true list of my favorites.  And, of course, I had to leave people off, as always.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »

Tatiana Maslany REALLY deserves to be a much bigger star than she currently is. I would love to see her in something like Star Wars or the MCU.
I heard a rumor........ Roll Eyes

But yes. One of my favorite things about her is how she masterfully plays a host of characters on one show. And they're not just variations of the same thing, but individual performances.

Although, I still want to know why Cosima's boobs are bigger than the other clones'.

DAMN YOU, KNOX! I forgot about Uma.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »

Ha!  I know exactly what you mean.  I always do these lists, finalize them, then look at everyone else's list and go, "Crap!  I forgot..."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »

OK, tough list.  Tough to come up with actresses?  No, not in the least.  Tough to limit it to only 14.  So many super talented ladies out there.  I spent a bit more time on this than I do many of my lists, which are usually done one the fly.  I wanted to focus more on acting, not just beauty.  Sure, there are plenty of beautiful women on my list, but I picked the ones I did not because of that, but because I really enjoy them in their roles.  I picked women with range, who can sell me a role.  After all, if I wanted to just go by beauty, I could have put Megan Fox on my list.  Sorry if that sounds mean, but think of the number of times you've  heard Megan Fox praised for her acting.  So, I tried to keep it to good actresses, not just beautiful ones.  It just so happens that many great actresses are also beautiful.  And, there are plenty who aren't beautiful.  I also tried to stay away from women who are really talented, but that I've seen in one or two things.  While I love them in those things, I don't have enough of a basis for picking them.  If I wanted to do that, I could have had this list done in 30 seconds, but it wouldn't have been a true list of my favorites.  And, of course, I had to leave people off, as always.
Pretty much my reason for all of my picks too.

I'm glad everyone has been respectful with their choices so far. And the picks have all been great too.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 04:06:48 PM »

I'm glad everyone has been respectful with their choices so far. And the picks have all been great too.

Yep.  You come up with some great thread topics.  Cool

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2017, 04:08:36 PM »

I heard a rumor........ Roll Eyes

But yes. One of my favorite things about her is how she masterfully plays a host of characters on one show. And they're not just variations of the same thing, but individual performances.

Although, I still want to know why Cosima's boobs are bigger than the other clones'.

Push up bras, padding, maybe some hormonal treatments. Maybe she just is more comfortable showing the girls off. Allison is too buttoned up, Sarah is too business-like to show the goods, and Helena wears shapeless clothing.

Based on screencaps of the one movie were she went topless, she's medium sized.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: