Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sounboard is getting hot. Help please  (Read 744 times)
Darth Drakshere
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 02, 2017, 11:36:11 PM »

I just configured the speaker up to the V4 soundboard. When I start flipping through the different soundfonts the soundboard starts to get hot. This can't be normal. Help please

Krilleth Luxio
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:08:53 PM »

Is the soundboard getting hot while powered on inside the saber, or is it getting hot while plugged into the computer?

I will say, anything with electricity running through it will get hot. Energy = Heat usually. And much like a computer, the soundboard will get hot as current runs through it, especially if you're consistently making it do work.

If the problem only occurs while turned on normally, and not plugged into the computer, adding more resistance may decrease the heat produced by the board, but that's unlikely.

I'll just go with, yeah, it's fairly normal. All of my sabers with a soundboard do this, whether they're v2, v3, or v4 soundboards

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »

Is there a smell coming off of it? If not it probably isnt a big deal. You'll smell plastic or ozone or something if things are going wrong.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: