Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Top 11 Favourite Action Movies of all Time  (Read 12581 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 07:21:22 AM »

Me neither. He's awesome. First movie I remember seeing him in was Dracula 2000.

Can't remember if you are a fan of Lost, but the guy who plays Xerxes was also Paolo in the few episodes of Lost when they tried (and failed) to introduce some new characters.

Yeah the "Expose" episode. Nikki and Paolo. "Paolo Lies", when she really said, "paralyzed" from the spider bites. Buried them alive. They aired that episode, here, just before the release of 300, and billed the episode (I remember) as Rodrigo Santoro's showcase to 300. Constant "sneak peeks after the show" from the local station.
That episode is hated, but I like it. Only one I ever disliked was Jack's tattoo episode

No points, just fist bumps baby!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »

Ah, action films.  One of my favorite genres.  Grin

1. Die Hard
2. Commando
3. Predator
4. First Blood (not only action, but a really good story)
5. The Expendables
6. The Bourne Identity
7. Underworld
8. Star Wars
9. The Mummy (1999)
10. Raiders of the Lost Ark
11. Rush Hour

Honorables:  Under Siege, Soldier, The Matrix.

Hard list to keep to only 14 films.  Some things had to be left off, as I could easily expand it to 20-30 films.  Grin

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »

1. Die Hard
2. Commando
3. Predator
5. The Expendables
6. The Bourne Identity
7. Underworld
8. Star Wars
9. The Mummy (1999)
11. Rush Hour

Hard list to keep to only 14 films.  Some things had to be left off, as I could easily expand it to 20-30 films.  Grin

Easily!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »

1. Die Hard
2. Commando
3. Predator
5. The Expendables
6. The Bourne Identity
7. Underworld
8. Star Wars
9. The Mummy (1999)
11. Rush Hour

Underworld? Really? Surprising

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »

Underworld? Really? Surprising

What?  To me, it's a f***ing awesome film.  I have the whole collection on Blu-ray and I'm looking forward to the new one.  Plus, it stars Kate Beckinsale, one of my favorites.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 03:49:39 PM »

What?  To me, it's a f***ing awesome film.  I have the whole collection on Blu-ray and I'm looking forward to the new one.  Plus, it stars Kate Beckinsale, one of my favorites.
I thought the premise was great, but the execution lacked depth. I think they are a shade better than the Resident Evil movies. Just my opinion though.

And Kate Beckinsale should be a much bigger star than she is.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »

I don't look for great depth in action films.  Besides, I see nothing wrong with it.  But, that's just my opinion.  I also loved Michael Sheen's performance in the film and in Rise of the Lycans.  Though, Underworld had to be a bittersweet film for him, given what happened with him and Kate.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »

I don't look for great depth in action films.  Besides, I see nothing wrong with it.  But, that's just my opinion.  I also loved Michael Sheen's performance in the film and in Rise of the Lycans.  Though, Underworld had to be a bittersweet film for him, given what happened with him and Kate.
Michael Sheen is always good. And he ended up marrying Sarah Silverman, so I think he's ok about what happened to him and Kate.

I need a "little" depth in my action movies. Just a smidge. But as we've said, just our opinions. Not criticising your pick, just found it a curious inclusion.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 04:05:40 PM »

Michael Sheen is always good. And he ended up marrying Sarah Silverman, so I think he's ok about what happened to him and Kate.

Yeah, it all worked out in the end.  But, at the time, I'm sure it was devastating for him.  That's all I'm saying.  I mean, she got him the role, then left him for Len Wiseman.  (Ironically, she and Len are now divorced, but that's Hollywood for you)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 05:23:15 PM »

As previously stated, these are in no particular order.

My picks:

1- Die Hard
  2- Pirates of the Caribbean
  3- Lethal Weapon
  4- True Lies
  5- The Bourne Supremacy
  6- Aliens
  7- Road House
  8- Robocop
  9- Star wars
10- The Raid
11- Warrior

Honourable mentions:
Terminator 2, Aliens, Mad Max: Fury Road
Kinda need to specify which one as Star Wars is blanket title. Unless you are simply referring to Ep4.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2017, 05:25:32 PM »

Kinda need to specify which one as Star Wars is blanket title. Unless you are simply referring to Ep4.
Yep, I meant episode 4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »

Yep, I meant episode 4
Ok, just checking. Tongue

Also, SFD, I assume you are referring to the Matt Damon version of Bourne?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »

Yeah, some of us older school folk still call the first film simply "Star Wars," its original title.  "Episode IV: A New Hope" wasn't added until the home video release, after Empire came out.  Though, the early VHS covers still had the title as just "Star Wars."

As for the Bourne thing, I put "The Bourne Identity" on my list, which is the title of the first film.  So, yes, Matt Damon.  The Bourne Legacy was the one featuring Jeremy Renner.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »

As for the Bourne thing, I put "The Bourne Identity" on my list, which is the title of the first film.  So, yes, Matt Damon.  The Bourne Legacy was the one featuring Jeremy Renner.
I think Logos is trying to act smart because there is a lesser-known Bourne Identity movie that was made for tv in 1988.

Yeah, some of us older school folk still call the first film simply "Star Wars," its original title.  "Episode IV: A New Hope" wasn't added until the home video release, after Empire came out.  Though, the early VHS covers still had the title as just "Star Wars."
Yep. This.
Plus, point for "older school folk". Made me giggle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »

As for the Bourne thing, I put "The Bourne Identity" on my list, which is the title of the first film.  So, yes, Matt Damon.  The Bourne Legacy was the one featuring Jeremy Renner.
I think Logos is trying to act smart because there is a lesser-known Bourne Identity movie that was made for tv in 1988.
Yep. This.
Plus, point for "older school folk". Made me giggle.
See? Knox, knew what I meant. Just those who know, know to ask which Oceans 11 someone is talking about: Clooney/Pitt or Rat Pack. Or Gone in 60 Seconds. But if people ask about Ghostbusters, just smack 'em.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: