Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LOGAN - Spoilers and Discussion Thread.  (Read 910 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 03, 2017, 08:33:33 PM »

!!!WARNING!!! !!!WARNING!!! !!!WARNING!!!

This is your final warning, LOGAN spoilers may follow.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »

What a tearjerker. I found myself reaching for the tissue more than once before the end credits rolled.

This movie was a real character study, deep into the mind of what most would assume is a mindless killing machine, capable of only the briefest, and most surface level of emotion. Finally putting aside his guilt, and looking beyond himself, to fight, and live for those that still count on him. Finding a modicum of peace in his final moments.

The same sentiment could be true for Professor Charles Xavier. Such a tragic end for a such distinguished character, spending his remaining last days still struggling to guide the beast that is Wolverine.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »

Here's what threw me off.  At the end of Apocalypse we see people collecting Wolverine's DNA from Weapon X, and the case clearly says ESSEX Co.  Which any comic reader would know means Mr. Sinister.  But in Logan that seems to have gone right out the window

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 05:43:24 PM »

Here's what threw me off.  At the end of Apocalypse we see people collecting Wolverine's DNA from Weapon X, and the case clearly says ESSEX Co.  Which any comic reader would know means Mr. Sinister.  But in Logan that seems to have gone right out the window

I can only imagine that Alkali Transigen is only a cover/shell company, since on the case folders it said "Transigen: Pediatric Cancer Study."

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 05:47:04 PM »

I can only imagine that Alkali Transigen is only a cover/shell company, since on the case folders it said "Transigen: Pediatric Cancer Study."

Possibly did occur to me

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 02:18:42 AM »

I just watched it and holy crap it was perfect.

I just loved how the comics Wolvie made fun of ended up having massive importance to the kids, to the point where they created their own Eden like in the stories they read. Having Logan become the hero they always thought he was was incredibly cathartic as well, with Laura's adjustment of the cross on his grave to an "X" being a deeply poignant way to drive that point home.

It also shows how important tales and legends can be. Yeah, they may not be real, and the real world itself is very messy, but they're what kept those kids going and allowed them to survive. Stories give us what real life often cannot: hope.

I'm not the biggest fan of the X-movies, but I would go through each and every one of them again if it means getting LOGAN. What an incredible movie.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 04:24:06 PM »

Put all my thoughts down in my non-spoiler review
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34453.new#new

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: