Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI - Where has Luke Been?  (Read 2283 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: March 05, 2017, 05:35:41 PM »

Star Wars fans come in two types: fans of just the movies and fans of the entire franchise (including the books, comics, tv shows and games).

Ever since the Mouse House bought LucasFilm and declared the old expanded universe as "legends" and no longer official canon, they have slowly been constructing a new expanded universe. Every comic, book, tv show and game that is now being released is official canon.

Lots of these books and comics take place in time periods between movies, so those fine people over at Collider Video on Youtube have cobbled together all the available information to explain what happened to Luke from the end of Return of the Jedi to his appearance in The Force Awakens.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cezt4A30PDM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cezt4A30PDM</a>

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Brother of the Force: Neither Jedi nor Sith

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:16 AM »

Great find, thank you. Dark point for you.

The old expanded universe being lore now still infuriates me. Continuity was what I loved most about SW. My favorite character, Corran Horn, is now but a myth. Sad

I've got my Ford, my Springfield, and now my UltraSaber. Life is good.

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -116

Darth Havek

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 04:06:59 AM »

I love Collider Movie Talk! I'm watching Mail Bag right now. lol Everybody here should watch Jedi Council on their channel, ColliderVideos. They have a new one every Thursday night. And there main show "Movie Talk" is on Monday thru Friday. ANd Mail Baf on the weekends where they answer fan questions.  Grin Grin Grin

Point added.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 11:14:57 AM »

I love Collider Movie Talk! I'm watching Mail Bag right now. lol Everybody here should watch Jedi Council on their channel, ColliderVideos. They have a new one every Thursday night. And there main show "Movie Talk" is on Monday thru Friday. ANd Mail Baf on the weekends where they answer fan questions.  Grin Grin Grin

Point added.
I have promoted the show and the channel many time before on the forum. For some people, they don't have the patience to watch a show online that lasts an hour or so. Which is a shame, as you know how great Campea, Harloff and all the others are. But such is life. It's their loss is they don't want to watch.

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -116

Darth Havek

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »

I know. I have tried to promote it in the past in places, but no one seems to care. And it is a shame because ColliderVideos should have way more subscribers than it does. People really are missing out if they love Star Wars, comic book movies, or movies in general.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:10:31 PM »

I know. I have tried to promote it in the past in places, but no one seems to care. And it is a shame because ColliderVideos should have way more subscribers than it does. People really are missing out if they love Star Wars, comic book movies, or movies in general.
My thoughts exactly. But we cant force people to watch (unfortunately). Some people don't want to watch because it would cut into their time spent on this forum, some apparently don't have the attention span for a 60 min programme and others just don't have a deep love of movies that some dedicated members on the forum seem to have.

Not sure if you've seen it on the forum, but there is a general movie section where we have some great conversations, reviews and things.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=31.0

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »

Collider is the best. Can't wait to see the star wars movie trivia schmoedown in Orlando!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: