Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cutting Lee Filters for Ultra Sabers  (Read 2303 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: March 06, 2017, 02:47:42 AM »

Hey, everybody, here's a quick little 10 minute video to demonstrate the most practical way I've found to employ the use of Lee Filters with your Ultra Sabers to change the hue of existing colors or create colors with the Adegan Silver LED. This isn't demonstrating the color options that Lee Filters provides, although there is a brief sampling of color in there, as much as it is meant to share a useful idea of getting the Lee Filter from the booklet into your saber with a simple, clean way to cut the filter to a perfect size:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqx2XaWtu7c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqx2XaWtu7c</a>

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:36:53 AM »

Wow, that's absolutely genius! Looks so much better than scissoring them. That's was also a pretty awesome purple color, by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »

LB this is a really good video to offer members.  There has been questions about this subject on the forum as long as I have been here.  This will be a good video for others to watch when considering filters.  I'm sure many will be wanting a link to this video as time goes on.  Thank you so much for this.  Some one needed to step up and do it. Then again I think you were the only one smart enough to find a punch.  I will have to remember this is available next time I hear someone ask questions about filters. +1  

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:49:32 PM »

LB this is a really good video to offer members.  There has been questions about this subject on the forum as long as I have been here.  This will be a good video for others to watch when considering filters.  I'm sure many will be wanting a link to this video as time goes on.  Thank you so much for this.  Some one needed to step up and do it. Then again I think you were the only one smart enough to find a punch.  I will have to remember this is available next time I hear someone ask questions about filters. +1  
Nice feedback, Seth - thank you for that and the point, too! I'm hopeful, too, that this will help somebody. I should probably post the link for the one I bought (really inexpensive, too - $10!). The hole punch size was based on the measurements that I did of the inside of the blade socket where 1.25 inch was the perfect size, so here it is:

EK Tools Circle Punch, 1.25-Inch

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 12:36:10 AM »

Point to you! Well explained and good visuals!

I've also had quite a bit of experience with filters and AS blades. I actually bought a circle punch, too, but I returned it because I was experiencing the "flimsy bending and not cutting" problem you described. So that's great that you and others found the paper solution! I'll still use my way of "use regular color discs as a template and cut around" for a more octagon shape because it's quick too and the pointy edges don't bother me or affect the light, but it's satisfying to know an answer to the problems I was having.

I agree; Emerald (or Diamond) is the way to go, but this the next best option.

Thanks for sharing!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 04:34:15 AM »

Thanks, SWF. Glad it was helpful.

UPDATE EVERYONE:

The 1.25 inch is only useful with MHS compatible emitters. For the rest you'll need a 1 inch punch. I bought this one

EK 1 inch Circle Punch

and it's identical to the one I used in my video, just produces a smaller diameter 1 inch lee filter cutout that will fit in any blade socket. The 1.25 inch size is still easier to remove since removing the emitter makes it a lot more accessible.  

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »

Thanks, SWF. Glad it was helpful.

UPDATE EVERYONE:

The 1.25 inch is only useful with MHS compatible emitters. For the rest you'll need a 1 inch punch. I bought this one

EK 1 inch Circle Punch

and it's identical to the one I used in my video, just produces a smaller diameter 1 inch lee filter cutout that will fit in any blade socket. The 1.25 inch size is still easier to remove since removing the emitter makes it a lot more accessible.  

lol yeah, I bought the 1.25 inch one without actually looking at the size (I just clicked your link and ran with it), not realizing it was actually 1.25" and wouldn't work for my stunt sabers lol

Need a 1" myself

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 09:36:36 PM »

lol yeah, I bought the 1.25 inch one without actually looking at the size (I just clicked your link and ran with it), not realizing it was actually 1.25" and wouldn't work for my stunt sabers lol

Need a 1" myself

Awwwhh, man, I'm sorry.  Undecided  When I realized my mistake I felt (feel) really stoooopid. Trying to be helpful, mmmm, ya.   Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: