Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Day blades?  (Read 8153 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« on: March 06, 2017, 06:21:20 AM »

Has anyone tried putting colored day blades from others on their ultrasabers?

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:46:56 AM »

Yes. A lot of us have. They work quite well, which is why I wish US would have their own.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 06:51:28 AM »

Hell I've made my own with transparent glass paint and a mid grade blade.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »

I've tried green and purple day blades, and they do compliment Ultra Sabers well. I know they're a bit trickier and time consuming to fabricate, so maybe not something Ultra Sabers wants to dabble in right now, but it'd sure enhance the awesome product lineup they already have. Maybe a $10-15 upgrade fee.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

I find your lack of kilt disturbing.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 02:59:19 PM »

I will be buying a bunch if different color day blades. Someone recommended them for my adigan silver crossguard as opposed to using color discs... the individual claims it will maintain the brightness of the crossguard. No more light loss due to adding 2-4 color discs to get the desired color.

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 03:45:08 AM »

White LEDs in dayblades can look very film-like with a bright core and colored edges.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 05:06:26 AM »

White LEDs in dayblades can look very film-like with a bright core and colored edges.

Now that sounds worth trying with my one day blade and my tri-as staff.

I can report that a red dayblade with tri-AS is very unsatisfactory.  Just kind of a super washed out pinkish, the "red" edges really aren't even discernible.

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »

Thank you shade_1313, good to know, I won't waste my money on them. I have a LEE filter watch book on the way... I have heard from many that these do better than the color discs that are supplied with tri-as setups. I will report back once I get them and test that theory.... if anyone is interested in that data....?

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 01:41:15 PM »

Thank you shade_1313, good to know, I won't waste my money on them. I have a LEE filter watch book on the way... I have heard from many that these do better than the color discs that are supplied with tri-as setups. I will report back once I get them and test that theory.... if anyone is interested in that data....?

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »

Sorry about the double tap.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »

To be fair, with a red LED, the red day blade looks great.  And it may do better with a non-tri white LED, I haven't had time to check that, yet.

As far as LEE filters go, yeah, they work really well.  I use them for the side blades on my Emerald Flamberge, and also some colors on my TRI-AS staff.

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 03:49:35 PM »

Yes, that's exactly why I am getting lee filters... side blades on my renegade. I hear they are a lot more rich in color and not as thick as color discs... meaning I may need 1 or 2 lee filters to get the color I want as opposed to stacking 2-4 thick color discs to create a color that is ALMOST but not quite the color I'm looming for.

As far as day blades go, I think I have shot that idea down for the side blades.. lee filters seems to be the winning option. Points for that one!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 04:05:38 PM »

Yes, that's exactly why I am getting lee filters... side blades on my renegade. I hear they are a lot more rich in color and not as thick as color discs... meaning I may need 1 or 2 lee filters to get the color I want as opposed to stacking 2-4 thick color discs to create a color that is ALMOST but not quite the color I'm looming for.

As far as day blades go, I think I have shot that idea down for the side blades.. lee filters seems to be the winning option. Points for that one!

I have not found any need for stacking multiple filters on my side blades.  There's such a huge variety of colors available in them.  There are some things I've learned from using them for my side blades, that may or may not be helpful to you.

First is that it's far easier to find a color filter for the sides that you like, and then try to match the main blade Emerald settings to that, rather than setting the main blade and then swapping out filters to try to find a match.
Second is that you'll find that there are some colors you can get with the filters that you won't be able to fully match with the Emerald main blade.  Sadly, I miss out on some really outstanding, rich shades of yellow and orange due to that.

celticsith
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »

So doing side blade color with the discs (and soon to be filters) and then the main blade to match the side blade is my current method.

It is good to know about the main blade not always being able to match the lee filters thank you!

Also I am VERY happy to hear that I won't have to stack filters! I hate that about the discs, specially when one slides a little bit and you side blades no longer match! Any reccomendation on measurements to cut the filters at?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 07:00:19 PM »

Here's a post I recently made about cutting the Lee Filters, too.  I thought it might help you, CS:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34380.0

And here's the link to the one I bought:

EK Tools Circle Punch, 1.25-Inch

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: