Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Day blades?  (Read 8157 times)
celticsith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

I find your lack of kilt disturbing.

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 08:21:57 PM »

Nice video! Great idea! Points for that. I will have to pull the swatch book apart since I have to get 2 per filter I stwad of just 1.

Emerald Renegade v4 (GO BIG OR GO HOME!), Dominix v2 stunt saber (guardian blue, no sound).

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 08:24:25 PM »

What is a day blade? Is it a blade made with colored plastic?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 08:24:57 PM »

Nice video! Great idea! Points for that. I will have to pull the swatch book apart since I have to get 2 per filter I stwad of just 1.

Thanks, sir! Appreciate it! I ordered 3 extra booklets for that very reason. At only $2 each, it's worth it rather than trying to manage the hundreds of Lee Filters not bound together.  Something you might consider.

What is a day blade? Is it a blade made with colored plastic?

Yeah, basically, it's a polycarbonite plastic blade diffused with a color like green, red, purple, yellow or blue. Here is a picture of mine (green and violet) next to my other blades:

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 01:34:58 AM »

Ok, so here is a pic of my DSI with a BR led and a red day blade (heavy grade) from tcss. This is a stunt saber with AAA batteries (not fresh ones), but you get the idea. It lights up full but not as bright as a regular mid-grade blade. It still looks cool.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 03:41:09 AM »

Thanks, Lord Bladewraith and MavRick, those pics help a lot. Sounds like a neat idea.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 12:13:50 PM »

I've personally never used them. I haven't had access to one to try it, but I also haven't seen the need to go hunting for them. I choose a colour to compliment my costuming conditions (aka green if outside coz the blue or white are washed out too much) and unless in direct very bright sunlight the brightness of an US does the rest Smiley

Ok, so here is a pic of my DSI with a BR led and a red day blade (heavy grade) from tcss. This is a stunt saber with AAA batteries (not fresh ones), but you get the idea. It lights up full but not as bright as a regular mid-grade blade. It still looks cool.

Just a note, remember to refer to other companies as 'the other guys'. It's part of the rules we all sign to avoid any issues/ complications and for the most part people will know who you are referring to or can PM you for more details Wink Hasbro, ForceFX and Master Replicas are ok to refer to by name coz they are the licenced brands Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 03:15:04 PM »

TCSS have been stated to be ok to mention, as long as it is in reference to something unavailable through US.

I'm very on the fence about day blades... Like the idea in theory, but worried it makes the saber look too 'toy-like'...

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »

TCSS have been stated to be ok to mention, as long as it is in reference to something unavailable through US.

I'm very on the fence about day blades... Like the idea in theory, but worried it makes the saber look too 'toy-like'...

Has it? Hadn't when I signed the rules, must have changed. It was usually one of those 'other guys' then. Smiley there you go. Proof I don't frequent these sections as much Smiley

I'll admit, that's a concern myself and hubby have, making them look a bit more like toys. Whenever I see them in photos I do a bit of a double take then realise yes, It's a proper hilt.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »

Yeah, there was a thread a week or two ago where this discussion came up, and I think it was Vivectus that ended up clarifying it with official word from Deep on the subject. I dont even remember where the convo was now, otherwise I would link it for you. its one of those "as long as the planets align correctly" rules that are so fun Wink

Edit: found it!

TCSS is allowed IF AND ONLY IF the product being discussed is one that US doesn't offer.  It is the only one allowed and only under that one condition.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »

Has anyone tried putting colored day blades from others on their ultrasabers?

Yes, I have a blue day blade on my Mantis CE and an amber day blade on my Crimson Mantis. They look fantastic.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »

Its funny.  I think the differences are negligible on camera.

These are day blades I made. The main one is an old cracked blade I had.  I textured it and painted with a translucent red glass paint.

And this is just an UEHG blade set

Its just a thing you sort of have to see in person I guess.  I'd say to the naked eye my saber looks more of a cherry red than the blazing red we're used to.  But on camera I hardly see a color difference.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »

Yeah, lit up there is only a small difference. When they are off, however, is when my doubt comes in.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 01:03:13 AM »

I'm seriously considering a blue day blade for the azure reaper I ordered, what light color do you use with it Lord Sidious?  Any pics you can post?

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 03:24:40 AM »

Yeah, there was a thread a week or two ago where this discussion came up, and I think it was Vivectus that ended up clarifying it with official word from Deep on the subject. I dont even remember where the convo was now, otherwise I would link it for you. its one of those "as long as the planets align correctly" rules that are so fun Wink

Edit: found it!

Ah, thank you for that Smiley point!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 09:19:44 PM »

Oh, and btw I do not duel with my day blade. It seems to be stiffer and not as flexible as the blades from Ultra Sabers so I use it just for display.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: