Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Would a clone of Vader or Luke still have the force?  (Read 9412 times)
buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -116

Darth Havek

« on: March 07, 2017, 02:35:11 AM »

Would a clone of them be as powerful? If so then I don't see why Palpatine wouldn't clone Vader after he was defeated by Obi Wan so he could be as fast and powerful as he was before he became for machine and human.

Just a thought I had.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 02:40:33 AM »

I know according to 'Legend', Luke has been cloned. As well as Starkiller from the Force Unleashed games. It isn't supposed to be possible to clone a Jedi (or Sith), but I guess it can be done. I don't know about in Canon though. If it were possible however, I do not think the clone would be as powerful. This may be something that someone else can clear up, that I don't know the answer to. (Someone like Darth Logos) I'd like to know the answer though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 03:03:32 AM »

Even though I like that idea of a clone of Young Luke Skywalker out there somewhere I do agree that it shouldn't be as powerful as the real Luke. I feel that duplicating the force would be impossible and take away from powerful force users such as the Skywalkers.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 03:09:43 AM »

Well the Force resides in all living things, some more than others. But I agree, it shouldn't be as powerful. I'd like to see them explain it sometime in Canon. Maybe explore it in a tv show or something.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 06:06:16 AM »

Like Taegin said, it's been covered quite well in the Legends timeline.  Read Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy.  That's all I'm going to say on that one.  Wink

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 05:31:23 PM »

I've only read one Star Wars book, but I do know there was cloning done on certain characters that I won't spoil here. But since I never read those book I don't know anything about them.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »

OK, spoiler time.  Read only if you want to know things you didn't already know about the books I mentioned.  You were warned.

The Thrawn Trilogy focuses heavily on cloning, as the Imperial Remnant is trying to rebuild its forces to take on the New Republic.  The Empire finds Emperor Palpatine's storehouse on a remote planet, which includes some cloning tanks and other stuff.  It's guarded by the insane clone of a Jedi Master, who has full command of the Force.  Said Jedi Master uses Luke's severed hand from where Darth Vader cut it off to create a clone of Luke, who can also use the Force just as the real Luke can.  So, yes, in the Legends timeline, you can clone a Jedi/Sith and they will have the full use of the Force, just as the original did.

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »

I guess spoilers as well:

I knew about Luke's hand being cloned making a clone they called Luuke I believe? lol And I heard Papatine had clones of himself to that lioved on after his death in ROTJ. I believe I remember that correctly. I must read the Throne Trilogy someday.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 01:54:07 AM »

I must read the Throne Trilogy someday.

Indeed.  The trilogy we needed, not the one we're getting.  Roll Eyes

(Yes, I like The Force Awakens, but I like Heir to the Empire better)

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 05:02:57 PM »

I don't mind TFA. I could have done without another "death star". Or they could have at least been unsuccessful at blowing it up this time. But I do see why they had similarities from the Star Wars movie. After the prequels came out everyone hoped for a movie just like the one's we grew up with and that's what we got. If The Last Jedi is really good (which I assume it will be) then TFA won't seem like such a let down.  My opinion anyway.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 10:08:18 PM »

Exactly how I feel. Even though it was a remake, they did a good job on it. Changed stuff just enough to keep it different, while still giving people what they wanted.

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 06:11:40 PM »

As long as they don't continue to do this with the next movies then I think we are good.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »

Clone gives the body but not necessarily the Force. That's why all the Clone Troopers needed to go through training. This is the weakness in Cloning a Jedi or a Sith Lord. Kamino's most senior clone advisor told me this.  Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »

Would a clone of them be as powerful? If so then I don't see why Palpatine wouldn't clone Vader after he was defeated by Obi Wan so he could be as fast and powerful as he was before he became for machine and human.

Just a thought I had.
I'm not sure which book series it comes from, Palpatine had a number of clone pet projects, Luke being among them. From what I've learned, Mara Jade was tasked with Luke's death should the Emperor fall. But she ends up killing his clone (I believe terminating her programming) and ends up marrying the real thing. I hate Disney for not sticking to this arc in their dumb-ass canon. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry <so much hate>

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 05:04:47 PM »

There is always the possibility they put that story back in somehow. Or at least some of it. I understand why they made the books Non cannon. Some of the stories got in the way of them telling their story and they are trying to avoid continuity problems. And if I remember correctly if they kept the books canon then we wouldn't have Chewie in TFA. Now this is coming form someone who only read one Star Wars book so it doesn't affect me as much as avid Star Wars readers. I see both sides because it annoys me a little that SOTE isn't shared in the same universe anymore and that's not even the best story the EU as to offer, but to me it is heavily connect with the OT and like taking away one of the movies.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: