Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Nintendo switch opinion?  (Read 6672 times)
Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »

I don't find it anything like a WiiU. The portability is amazing and they give you points for purchases that you can redeem for gear and more games. I too thought Nintendo was for kids but they have a ton of ports, new games from AAA developers and of course their staple icons like Legend of Zelda and Mario are still enjoyable for all ages. In addition to those two, I bought the Resident Evil Revelations Collection which is a uniquely fun experience with Nintendo's more interactive controllers (played them originally on PS) I already pre-ordered Smash. Though I don't play, Fortnite players can crossplay with other platforms.

Those thinking it's still a kiddie system will be very surprised to find developers are making similar games for the system albeit with slight downgrades. Obviously the processing power still hasn't matched rivals Xbox and Sony but it's a huge leap forward.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »

So my last post was pretty ill-informed. when I made my last post I hadn't had a chance to play it yet so I was just going off of what I thought. now that I have played it, I am not a very big fan because I tried to play a shooter on Switch and I hated the experience. the controls were way too small for me. and I'm not that big a dude, and the graphics weren't near as good as on other platforms, and the game would run at a max of around 40 frames per second unless I fired my weapon, then it dropped to 20. All in all I am not a big fan of it, but it does seem like it will get better over time.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »

We have one as well but our son plays it most of the time, we have Mario and Mario Kart 9 (whichever is the latest).  It's decent and gets the job done, I love that it's portable but the wife and I are huge COD players and play mostly on our One Xs.  (We're a household of gamers and have all systems and whatnot).

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »

So my last post was pretty ill-informed. when I made my last post I hadn't had a chance to play it yet so I was just going off of what I thought. now that I have played it, I am not a very big fan because I tried to play a shooter on Switch and I hated the experience. the controls were way too small for me. and I'm not that big a dude, and the graphics weren't near as good as on other platforms, and the game would run at a max of around 40 frames per second unless I fired my weapon, then it dropped to 20. All in all I am not a big fan of it, but it does seem like it will get better over time.

Yeah honestly I personally don't like it for games where I want high end graphics but I presented other titles to show that the games are there in its expanding library. Most of the framerates do fail with some larger ports in comparison to its competitors. All and all it's real selling point is it's portability. I can play an HD game on a rather large handheld anytime and that's what makes it fun for me.

The controls are admittedly small. I mostly use the adapter that turns it into a regular controller. There are 3rd party traditional controllers that are larger and more comfy.

Having not been a big Nintendo fan before this (it's the first console I've owned since GameCube) I think they're definitely going in the right direction. But if you were looking for portability and super high end graphics and framerates, we're not there quite yet.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: