Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Thor 3: First Look at Valkyrie & Hela Arrives + Jeff Goldblum [UPDATED]  (Read 1623 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 08, 2017, 06:22:31 PM »

By Molly Freeman

The Marvel Cinematic Universe first launched in 2008 and has been growing ever since, developing a massive shared superhero world that spans more 14 films and multiple television series at various networks and streaming services. Last year, Phase 3 of the MCU launched with the premiere of Captain America: Civil War, which began the lead-up to Avengers: Infinity War and Untitled Avengers 4, the final movies planned for this particular phase. This year will see another milestone for the MCU as it’s the first time three film entries in the universe will hit theaters: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Thor: Ragnarok.

For its part, the third installment of the Thor series – featuring returning stars Chris Hemsworth as the God of Thunder and Tom Hiddleston as the God of Mischief Loki – is the last to hit theaters this year. As a result, we haven’t seen much from Thor 3 while Marvel has focused on promoting Guardians 2 and Homecoming. Now though, we have our first glimpse at two of the threequel’s new characters as well as a look at Thor’s makeover for his latest solo installment.

EW debuted the first look at Thor, the Goddess of Death Hela (Cate Blanchett), and Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) as part of their new cover story about Thor: Ragnarok. The cover image is full of color – likely in keeping with the ’80s-inspired logo for Thor: Ragnarok that Marvel debuted during Comic-Con International in San Diego last summer – and features all three fully suited up as their characters. Take a look:

Thor and Thor: The Dark World were directed by Kenneth Branagh (Cinderella) and Alan Taylor (Terminator: Genisys) respectively, while Taikia Waititi (Hunt for the Wilderpeople) took up the reins for Ragnarok. It’s unclear how Waititi’s influence will change the course of the Thor series – which has been on the darker, more somber side of the MCU spectrum – since he has predominantly worked in comedy or comedy/drama. But, Thor: Ragnarok is said to include the funniest version of Thor yet, which fans may likely welcome since Hemsworth has proven to be adept at comedy – and Thor’s moments of humor in previous installments, as well as the Avengers films, have been generally well received.

In terms of Hela and Valkyrie, their costumes in this EW cover are heavily inspired by their comic book counterparts, as is the case with the majority of Marvel’s big screen heroes and villains. Although Valkyrie’s purple-tinted costume is perhaps the biggest divergence – and the fact that she has pants instead of the comic character’s leotard-style armor – it’s certainly striking. While it’s unclear how exactly these two characters fit into the plot of Thor 3 since an official synopsis has yet to be made available, Hela will force Thor to Sakaar where God of Thunder will become a gladiator and reportedly run into Valkyrie – as well as Sakaar’s greatest fighter, the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo).

All in all, this EW cover previews an interesting new installment to the Thor series, and not simply because the God of Thunder has traded in his long hair for a shorter ‘d0. Fans have many reasons to look forward to Thor: Ragnarok – whether for Waititi’s influence or Thor’s team-up with Hulk or the new characters like Hela and Valkyrie. But, with Marvel still focused on promoting Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming, it may be some time before we get the first trailer for Thor: Ragnarok.

Thor: Ragnarok release date: Nov 3, 2017

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/thor-3-ragnarok-valkyrie-hela/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:49:43 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:38:53 PM »

Holy CRAP Cate Blanchette looks good as a brunette!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »

I had heard Thor was going to have short hair in this movie. I also heard that in one scene he goes all Braveheart with the war face paint too. In addition there's Cate, Tessa, Hulk, Loki, homeless Odin, Dr Strange and THE GOLDBLUM. This may actually be the first blockbuster Thor movie

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 09:59:19 PM »

Shocked

I wasn't initially feeling much hype for this (most of that small amount was because of Taika Waititi (everybody watch WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS and HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE Grin)), but holy crap these images have me excited now! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I looooooooooove the medieval/sci-fi aesthetic.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 10:20:25 PM »

Can I wait for this movie? No. Am I excited for this movie? Yes. Will I watch this movie in theaters? Most definitely. Do I like Thor with short hair? We'll see.

All in all, this movie will be the best Thor ever, and maybe even get into the top 3 Marvel films of all time. Just a random thought, but since Thor will be going off Earth, he might meet up with the Guardians. Could be the link they need to connect them to the rest of the Avengers. There is so much that I want to see from this movie, and I just hope that they don't try to rush through it like they have done in the first two.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 10:24:45 PM »

Can I wait for this movie? No. Am I excited for this movie? Yes. Will I watch this movie in theaters? Most definitely. Do I like Thor with short hair? We'll see.

All in all, this movie will be the best Thor ever, and maybe even get into the top 3 Marvel films of all time. Just a random thought, but since Thor will be going off Earth, he might meet up with the Guardians. Could be the link they need to connect them to the rest of the Avengers. There is so much that I want to see from this movie, and I just hope that they don't try to rush through it like they have done in the first two.

I think they might be saving the Guardians for INFINITY WAR. However, what we do know for certain is that he'll be meeting Doctor Strange.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 01:40:55 AM »

Thor currently cut his hair this way in the Unworthy storyline...this and the absence of Mjolnir make me think they may be bringing in elements of the Unworthy storyline.  I like how Tom has hinted at  a connection between himself and Hela.  Is there anyone who doesn't know this?  I won't say it here if there some here that don't but between mythology and the comics it seems common knowledge to me.

Shocked

I wasn't initially feeling much hype for this (most of that small amount was because of Taika Waititi (everybody watch WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS and HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE Grin)), but holy crap these images have me excited now! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I looooooooooove the medieval/sci-fi aesthetic.

I'm proud that I donated to help get What we Do in the Shadows released in the US...and got a "Werewolves not Swearwolves" t-shirt

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 01:48:40 AM »

Thor currently cut his hair this way in the Unworthy storyline...this and the absence of Mjolnir make me think they may be bringing in elements of the Unworthy storyline. 

I'm also thinking that they hair is cut like that because he is probably going to fight as a gladiator, and the long hair just doesn't seem like something they would allow him to have. Also, isn't his hair supposed to be blond(-ish). Because in all those pics he has darker brown hair. Also SPOILER ALERT in the ending scene of Doctor Strange, he still has long hair, and I think his hammer as well. So he will probably start out with longer hair, and cut it later on. That's why I think it has in part something to do with the fact that he will be fighting as a gladiator.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 01:56:28 AM »

Just for comparison here is Thor from the last issue of Unworthy Thor

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 02:05:12 AM »

I'm proud that I donated to help get What we Do in the Shadows released in the US...and got a "Werewolves not Swearwolves" t-shirt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: