Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Choosing Music  (Read 1317 times)
theAfanc
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

Welsh Mythological Lake Monster

« on: March 10, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »

Hey y'all, so my saber team performs at our biggest state convention and one of our requirements is music for our sets.  I was wondering if anyone else tunes their combat to music and how you go about choosing a piece.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »

Oh I just took the time to compile a 30 minute medley of some of the battle music from episodes I, III, and VII  Grin

I'd say fighting to the standard battle songs would also work, but for me they vary too much with less exciting musical segments worked in. Of course, those can be worked into a choreographed piece.

theAfanc
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

Welsh Mythological Lake Monster

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:50:15 AM »

I don't necessarily want to use anything already from a Star Wars movie or show; I don't want it to be super recognizable or too easy of an option.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:48:56 AM »

I usually look at the tempo of what I am doing. If it is fast, I go with metal or hard rock. If it is slow, I go with slow techno or goth. If it is both, I go with anthem or dubstep and try to time the fast and slow to the tempo. Most of what I do is freestyle though so I can wing it a bit. If you look over the music used in this playlist, it will give you some idea of what I mean.
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf2BA9eUktwvzgctlMBlmvlNsKVCyKDPw

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: