Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SWRPG Saga Edition question  (Read 1226 times)
Ganaa
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -26

« on: March 10, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »

I have a quick question for anybody that is knowledgeable in this subject, I hope I put it in the right place.

So on my campus we are going to be starting a SWRPG night with about 5 people including myself. This is our first time playing, I've played dnd so I understand that. My question is about the class skills and the Jedi's lack of computer knowledge. This effectively makes them unable to plot any course in hyperspace, which contradicts a lot of the things we see in the movies, most noticeably Obi-Wan and his jumps to Kamino and Geonosis. I understand that they would most likely not be as skilled as say, a smuggler who does this for a living etc.
But am I missing something here? Or do other experienced players have any suggestions for some rule compromising?

I'm considering adding a rule that any class can pilot basic hyper-routes, but not plot new courses per say.

*give me Darkside points*

I may be Sith, but that does not make one a murderer, nor a barbarian.
Seek the knowledge of the Dark Side, bend it to your will, utilize the strength of your passion, but not be enslaved to it.
to be enslaved is the way of the undisciplined apprentice, but you desire to be a master.
Remember the goal of the Sith creed: "The Force Shall Free Me"

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »

I have a quick question for anybody that is knowledgeable in this subject, I hope I put it in the right place.

So on my campus we are going to be starting a SWRPG night with about 5 people including myself. This is our first time playing, I've played dnd so I understand that. My question is about the class skills and the Jedi's lack of computer knowledge. This effectively makes them unable to plot any course in hyperspace, which contradicts a lot of the things we see in the movies, most noticeably Obi-Wan and his jumps to Kamino and Geonosis. I understand that they would most likely not be as skilled as say, a smuggler who does this for a living etc.
But am I missing something here? Or do other experienced players have any suggestions for some rule compromising?

I'm considering adding a rule that any class can pilot basic hyper-routes, but not plot new courses per say.

I would agree with that addition, solely for the sake of moving the game along.

They wouldn't be able to plot a course without computing skill, but it seems likely that there would be a kind of system that would allow your to enter your destination and the nav computer would follow a previously used route, or at the least plot a basic course itself. Not unlike navigation apps in our cars.

Hopefully that helps.

(+1 for the Saga Edition, used to play it a ton.  Smiley)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:43:48 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »

That or get an Astromech droid.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Ganaa
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -26

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 01:33:29 AM »

that's a good thought as well, the Astromech droid

*give me Darkside points*

I may be Sith, but that does not make one a murderer, nor a barbarian.
Seek the knowledge of the Dark Side, bend it to your will, utilize the strength of your passion, but not be enslaved to it.
to be enslaved is the way of the undisciplined apprentice, but you desire to be a master.
Remember the goal of the Sith creed: "The Force Shall Free Me"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: