Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Atomic Blonde (starring Charlize Theron) - New Trailer (RED BAND VERSION)  (Read 2785 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: March 11, 2017, 02:15:35 AM »

In what is being touted as Charlize Theron's version of John Wick, comes this VERY bad-ass trailer. It may seem slightly derivative of other movies we have seen before (John Wick, Salt, Wanted, RED, Jason Bourne etc) but i for one don't think that's a bad thing.

On a separate note, like many people around the world, I LOVE Queen and part of me is happy that their music is being used in movie trailers (both here and with Suicide Squad last year). Does anyone else think this is a good thing or will it eventually become old hat and passe?

(The following is taken from LivingBrain's post on the Movie Chat thread. Scroll down to the bottom of this post if you just want to see the trailer)

It's directed by David Leitch (one of the two directors of JOHN WICK), and stars Charlize Theron as an MI6 agent sent undercover to Cold War Berlin to investigate the murder of another agent and uncover a string of double agents within the organization. It's also got Sofia Boutella, James McAvoy, John Goodman, and Toby Jones.

Here's a still:

And a poster:

It comes out July 28th (unless you're lucky enough to attend the SXSW film festival this weekend) and I cannot wait. Grin
[/i]

I would like to thank LivingBrain for his precise and thoughtful comments on this movie (he may be a hipster but it does have the occasional pay off!  Grin).

*WARNING*
This is the red band trailer, so make sure to take all appropriate precautions when watching in public/at work.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8USk21Lt0f4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8USk21Lt0f4</a>

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:39:18 AM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 02:27:47 AM »

Wait... red band trailers are ok to post? Shocked

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 06:45:02 AM »

Wait... red band trailers are ok to post? Shocked

Probably not. Knox just likes living on the edge.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:31:53 PM »

I've never had a problem posting red bad trailers before. I suppose if it contained lots of full frontal nudity it would be an issue. And I gave fair warning that it's the red band version. It is then down to the individual whether they watch it or not.

When did red band trailers start becoming a thing? I only heard the tern for the first time last year

Probably not. Knox just likes living on the edge.
I'm really pretty. When you're really pretty you get a little more leeway with any rules

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »

I've never had a problem posting red bad trailers before. I suppose if it contained lots of full frontal nudity it would be an issue. And I gave fair warning that it's the red band version. It is then down to the individual whether they watch it or not.

When did red band trailers start becoming a thing? I only heard the tern for the first time last year

Good question. I haven't been able to find any information about when they started, but if I had to guess it would be around the time the MPAA was formed. The earliest specific year I could find mentioning their existence was 2000, but they have to have been going on for much longer than that.

I did find out that yellow band trailers exist though, but they're really rare. One of the few known in existence is for Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 05:18:56 PM »

Yea, Red Band Trailers have been around for a while, but with the Internet now they can be much more freely distributed.  Since before a Red Band trailer would only be shown before R rated films. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »

Good question. I haven't been able to find any information about when they started, but if I had to guess it would be around the time the MPAA was formed. The earliest specific year I could find mentioning their existence was 2000, but they have to have been going on for much longer than that.

I did find out that yellow band trailers exist though, but they're really rare. One of the few known in existence is for Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN.
What the hell is a yellow band trailer?

Yea, Red Band Trailers have been around for a while, but with the Internet now they can be much more freely distributed.  Since before a Red Band trailer would only be shown before R rated films. 
I have probably a seen a lot of red band trailers and just not realised. Amazing how you kinda stop caring about ratings and things once you hit 18. I watch loads of trailers online bit only first came into contact with the term about 2 years ago.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 09:12:00 PM »

What the hell is a yellow band trailer?
I have probably a seen a lot of red band trailers and just not realised. Amazing how you kinda stop caring about ratings and things once you hit 18. I watch loads of trailers online bit only first came into contact with the term about 2 years ago.

This may explain the Yellow Band a bit better

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/13/movies/13yell.html

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 12:42:40 AM »

This may explain the Yellow Band a bit better

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/13/movies/13yell.html
Through the power of the internet, any rulings they come up will eventually easily circumvented. And if young kids really want to see something that isn't age appropriate, they will do. Nature of the beast. Maybe, this will force studios to become more creative when creating a trailer that entices adults, doesn't spoil the movie and isn't affected by any rules.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 01:37:12 AM »

I might see this just for the Charlize/Sofia scene.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 01:43:32 AM »

I was wondering how long it would take before someone made a comment like this

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 02:07:04 AM »

I was wondering how long it would take before someone made a comment like this

I held off as long as I possibly could. At least give me credit for not drooling.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: