Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shii Cho for Stage Combat  (Read 1498 times)
Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« on: March 12, 2017, 12:11:48 AM »

Hey Gang, crossposting with the combat department. In february I taught a class using the General Sun version of Shii Cho to teach Rogue Alliance, the new lightsaber stage combat group in New York City. Using the original martial arts form developed for the Lightsaber, I discuss the illusion of combat, which is a key component in stage combat. If we use practical tools, and then build up, we look like we know what we're doing. When we continue to build on it and for it, we begin to actually know what we're doing.

I hope you enjoy, and take a look at their page for some fight choreography in the making. Cheers

https://thesnarksideoftheforce.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/shii-cho-class-rogue-alliance-0217/

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:43:08 AM »

Very nice Ulios. Thanks for the crosspost. I will certainly give that a read.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 11:52:27 PM »

Apparently I meant give it a watch. I saw the wordpress link and assumed it was an article. The info around the 4 minute mark and on is what you were talking about I assume. Good stuff. One thing I have to say though is I wanted to strangle that music. If one could strangle music. I was willing to give it a try. It was actually hard to focus on what you were saying over it. That said, your class looked like they were having fun and the last couple guys looked like they got it down pretty well.

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 03:11:52 AM »

If you want an article, here's the one I wrote as a result of the class. That was just the video for it.
https://thesnarksideoftheforce.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/the-illusion-of-combat-lightsaber-choreography-101/

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: