Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: WONDER WOMAN - Official Origin Trailer (Trailer 3)  (Read 1826 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 12, 2017, 03:36:46 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INLzqh7rZ-U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INLzqh7rZ-U</a>

Wonder Woman is in theaters June 2, 2017.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 03:49:38 AM »

Dang! I kinda want to see it.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 06:19:10 AM »

Dang! I kinda want to see it.

Kinda is all? No, this is a "I want to see now" movie.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 06:43:27 AM »

pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleas ebegoodpleasebegoodimamarvelshillpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebe goodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodp leasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »

I still have a feeling that this will be the one piece of gold in the crap-fest of the DC movie universe.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »

So far, everything piece of promo material for this movie has left me super-pumped. However, this trailer did nothing to get me excited for the movie. Don't get me wrong, I am REALLY looking forward to the movie. It's just this trailer left me feeling a little flat. And, is it just me, or have they muted the colours in this trailer to match MoS and BvS, rather than keeping them bright and vibrant like the previous trailers?

In some respects, I feel very sorry for this movie as it has so much pressure on it to succeed. For years, stuffy old men in Hollywood have said that a female led superhero movie won't work, despite the abundance of great characters in the comics and the number of characters already being portrayed on screen in other CBMs.

"We tried it in 1984 with a Supergirl movie and that flopped" is an excuse bandied about regularly. If that was the case, how can they justify producing so many male CBMs over the past 30 years which is now reaping massive box office success?

It's like The Force Awakens situation with Rey. The character was beloved in the movie by young and old, males and females and yet the unforgivable decision was made NOT to have a Rey action figure.

So when you add all of that bullsh*t to the current state of the DCEU, Wonder Woman faces enormous pressure to succeed. If it fails and WB decide to hold off on anymore future movies, as they'll reboot in a few years time, I don't want people to place the blame on WW. The DCEU was in trouble way before her movie came out. She was, in fact, one of the redeeming factors of BvS.

I think, not having Zack Synder in charge of this movie is a good thing. I've already commented elsewhere on my thoughts about Mr Synder, so won't repeat them again. But, from what Patty Jenkins said in a recent interview about wanting this movie to have the purity and long lasting impact that Superman 1978 has, I suspect the movie will be a hit.

On a final note, I hope all those misogynists out there who complained about Furiosa in Mad Max Fury Road and hated an all female Ghostbusters team ("because women should never do stuff like") don't boycott this movie just because the lead is female. If you're a fan of the genre, and CBMs are a legitimate genre, then support them when they are released. Go on with the hope and mindset that the movie will be good.

It doesn't matter if it's Marvel or DC. It doesn't matter if it's canon or not. It doesn't matter if the lead is a woman. Look back to the bad days of the 80s/90s at how CBMs used to be and feel privileged that we are getting so much amazing and varied content being released.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 01:34:41 PM »

I really liked that trailer.  I suspect this movie will be great, if the studio lets it be great.

"We tried it in 1984 with a Supergirl movie and that flopped" is an excuse bandied about regularly.

That movie had so many production issues it wasn't even funny.  Add to that that it's a combination of two different scripts/story lines that it's a bit of a convoluted mess.  However, none of that was the fault of the character, and it certainly wasn't Helen Slater's fault.  In fact, most people loved her, they just hated the film.  The only thing female superhero films have working against them is incompetent people making them.  I suspect Patty Jenkins is exactly who the film needs to do it right.  Hopefully, the studio isn't taking too many decisions out of her hands and messing things up.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

That movie had so many production issues it wasn't even funny.  Add to that that it's a combination of two different scripts/story lines that it's a bit of a convoluted mess.  However, none of that was the fault of the character, and it certainly wasn't Helen Slater's fault.  In fact, most people loved her, they just hated the film.  The only thing female superhero films have working against them is incompetent people making them.  I suspect Patty Jenkins is exactly who the film needs to do it right.  Hopefully, the studio isn't taking too many decisions out of her hands and messing things up.
That's kind of my point. Supergirl was never given a chance to succeed and yet it has been used for years as the reason why female led superhero movies do not work. GRRRRRR!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 03:26:42 PM »

That's kind of my point. Supergirl was never given a chance to succeed and yet it has been used for years as the reason why female led superhero movies do not work. GRRRRRR!

And then of course there was Catwoman.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »

And then of course there was Catwoman.

WE. DO. NOT. DISCUSS. THAT. MOVIE.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 03:49:28 PM »

That movie had only ONE thing going for it.  Halle Berry.  And, if I want to see her in skimpy outfits, I'll just watch The Flintstones.  Then there was Swordfish.  Smiley

But, anyway, that was a classic case of a great idea terribly executed.

Yeah, it's your basic poor excuse.  We tried, it failed.  Well, try harder next time!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 04:01:22 PM »

Yeah, it's your basic poor excuse.  We tried, it failed.  Well, try harder next time!
Exactly. If they had the same approach with all CBMs we wouldn't have had the multiple great releases that we can now enjoy.

BTW- In live action Catwoman is ONLY Julie Newmar, Lee Meriweather, Eartha Kitt, Michelle Pfeiffer and at a push Anne Hathaway. End of story Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: