Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon vs Prophecy vs Sentinel  (Read 5767 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »

Most people here know about my obsession with my Dark Prophecy, so I think you can guess what I'm going to recommend.  I find the Prophecy to be extremely versatile, with a length that works for one or two handed usage and a slim design that makes for great ergonomics.  If you go that route, I recommend removing the gold thumb screws and replacing them with short set screws - that's what I did with mine, and it greatly improves the ergonomics.

That said, all three of those options are solid.  Don't think you can go wrong here.

DarthEijji
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 08:53:32 AM »

Help me plan out my next ultrasaber purchase.

There are 3 ultrasabers I have my eye on: Archon v2, Prophecy v3, and the Sentinel v4.

Which of these three is the best from a wielding/gripping comfort/spinning/practicality perspective? Which has the best balance and weight, especially for 36" blades, and a deep/strong blade socket?

Also, is the Covertec wheel required on the Prophecy v3? (I know you cannot get an Archon v2 without the covertec wheel, but if I go the Archon route, I'd just purchase an Archon v3 and get the v2 emitter, since I don't like Covertec wheels on my hilts.)
I can't say anything on the Prophecy because I don't have one but here some info on the other two.
Archon looks better (imo), has the deepest blade socket (4-5"), removable pommel and emitter, heavier than sentinel.
Sentinel is longer by 1/2"-1", lighter, little less streamlined,2-3" blade socket.
With that info, they are both meet your criteria. The choice you make is on preference based on how you plan to use it. Choreography, dueling or for show. Hope this helps you decide.

I am no Jedi.
Saber collection
Dark InitiateV4 - BR/Fulcrum - VA/Lost Gray - SRD/Aeon LE V2 - FO/Dark Liberator V3 - BR/Sentinel V4 - FO/Archon V2.1 - AS.

... coming soon.

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 04:55:46 PM »

Y'all are making it harder, not easier to decide! Grin

It'll probably be a while before I can buy another saber, so it might come down to which one comes up first in a flash sale.

Would the Archon v2 need a 40" blade? I knew it was supposed to have a deep blade socket, but I didn't realize it was that deep. Sounds like the Archon v2 would make the 36" blade look/feel more like a 32".

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 06:20:39 PM »

It's really not a problem. The 36" blade works well on the Archon. My Archon V2.1 is in my stand next to my Guardian an it is only about 1 1/2 " shorter, an that's basically the pommel. So to me the 40" would just be to long to use well. That's my opinion on the blade length. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 09:04:11 PM »

Yeah I agree with Mav the 36" blade is perfect for the Archon as the amount of exposed blade is plenty.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 10:10:06 PM »

For the Prophecy, I've heard that the Covertec Wheel is mandatory, and yet I've heard of people requesting their Covertec Wheel being placed in a different position. How is that possible if the Covertec is mandatory? Can you get the Prophecy without the Covertec?

I've also heard the Prophecy is thin and difficult to pull out the battery-pack and speaker. Has this been a problem for anyone?

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 11:52:54 PM »

My son has a Prophecy and the batteries have always been easy to slide out the bottom - I'm waiting on my own and I'm not concerned about it at all.

People email and request to have the covertec wheel installed to the right of the switch which is opposite of what's pictured on the site. They likely paid a service fee plus it leaves a small hole in the hilt where it used to be.

Others just remove the wheel and cover the hole with a button head screw if they don't like the location.

Personally fine with either side but people with smaller hands might find it harder to adjust around.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »

Yeah standard 36 inch blade for the Archon V2.1 is perfect. Sentinel is just amazing too and just about any silver pommel works on it Tongue I put my old regular Shock pommel on my Sentinel just to spice it up a bit and it always gets good compliments so then a covertech wheel opposite of the switch completes it overall I think, the Sentinel anyway

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 11:18:57 PM »

I agree with Hazard, the batteries have always been easy to remove from my Prophecy. Never had a problem. And the cover tech on the Prophecy does not get in my way at all , single handed or two handed. I'm right handed.  I personally added cover techs to three of my other sabers that didn't come with them because the one on my Prophecy kept mine from flying out of my hand while dueling.  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 12:00:07 AM »

I agree with Hazard, the batteries have always been easy to remove from my Prophecy. Never had a problem. And the cover tech on the Prophecy does not get in my way at all , single handed or two handed. I'm right handed.  I personally added cover techs to three of my other sabers that didn't come with them because the one on my Prophecy kept mine from flying out of my hand while dueling.  Grin

I take my covertec off completely, unless I'm planning to wear it on my belt.  Just makes it so much more practical.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 06:19:35 AM »

I had thought about sending in my Archon v3.1 in to get upgraded to Diamond levels, but there was a flash sale on the Archon v2 (20%).  While I would have liked to combine that with the raffle, it doesn't work that way.

However since the only differences between the v2 and v3 are the thin neck emitter, the D-ring on the pommel, and the option of a covertech wheel or not, I figured I'd get the cheaper v2, then put on the v3's emitter and pommel.   Instant cheap v3.1 with Diamond board.  And it should be basically alike, save for maybe the covertech wheel placement (I  have mine on the rear rather than right or left).

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 12:42:12 AM »

What?!?!  You can't combine a flash sale with the raffle? Huh

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 06:46:42 AM »

The sales screen would keep either or, but not both.   In the past I could put on all the other coupon codes and they would stack, but the Flash code removed all the others, and putting in any other wiped out the flash code.  The emails for the flash sales does specifically say it is not be combined with other offers.  It seems that means the raffle as well.

Otherwise I would have entered it into the raffle and opted for a free blade plug.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 03:09:46 AM »

I recently got to try all three of these out at a convention, so now I can make my decision with confidence:

I didn't like the feel of the emitter/choke on the Archon v2.1, so that is out.

I liked the Sentinel, which I knew I would, but it was a bit bland compared to the Prophecy.

I will definitely be getting a Prophecy as my next one or two sabers (unless they offer a really good discount on the Sentinel or Graflex first). Thanks for all your help.

A further note, I contacted Ultrasabers and asked about the Prophecy and the covertec wheel, as I didn't like it on the left side. The Prophecies they have in stock right now all have the covertec on the left side. (From what I've been able to gather, it seems some batches come with the hole drilled on the left side, and some on the right side, as I've definitely seen several Prophecies in pics and videos that had the covertec on the right, and no hole on the left.) The only option they gave me was to have the covertec, or have a screw put in to fill the hole from the covertec.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »

You have made a wise choice. The Prophecy was my first saber and it is still my favorite!  Grin I love this saber!! MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: