Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4901174 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #39705 on: January 20, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »

Starbucks chorizo breakfast sandwich. Yummy.
Ground chorizo in queso. Also yummy.

Dang it! Now I want chorizo!!!

Thanks, Rapine!  Wink
NOM, NOM, NOM...

Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39706 on: January 20, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »

The same team was involved in Macbeth (Cotillard, Fassbender and the director) which is what gave me hope for this one. I just got the impression that either the people at the studio have never played the game or didn't get why the game was popular.

You may have a different opinion as you have never played any of the games, but I've played all of the ones on the PS3 and view it as one the best game series around (not every game was great but when they got it right it was Totes Amazeballs). Will love to hear what you think of it
I've often found videogame movies to prove difficult to please fans as most fans either love just the game-play mechanic which doesn't translate to the screen, or they love characters and story, but have trouble accepting deviation from the script of the game. I'm the latter. When Ratchet & Clank came out I was nervous. I have followed that series since the beginning. As an alternate storyline, it was pretty good. Fitting in to the establish canon?.....it sucked <fill in gross anatomy here>.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39707 on: January 20, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »

The terrifying uncertainty of "Is This, Mayonnaise or Pudding?"

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #39708 on: January 20, 2017, 09:12:07 PM »

I've often found videogame movies to prove difficult to please fans as most fans either love just the game-play mechanic which doesn't translate to the screen, or they love characters and story, but have trouble accepting deviation from the script of the game. I'm the latter. When Ratchet & Clank came out I was nervous. I have followed that series since the beginning. As an alternate storyline, it was pretty good. Fitting in to the establish canon?.....it sucked <fill in gross anatomy here>.
I view video game movies in the same way I view comic book movies. I don't expect a straight 100% faithful adaptation. I just want a good story that makes sense and captures the essence of the the source material (like Winter Soldier did). I know that what works in a book/comic or even video game may not be suitable for a 2hr movie.

That being said, while the comic book genre seems to have cracked the formula, we should remember how long that took (from Superman 1978 to Blade in 1998, X-men in 2000, Batman Begins in 2005 and Iron Man 2008).

Eventually, they will crack the formula to making successful video game movies that fans like, critics appreciate and brings big box office.

The terrifying uncertainty of "Is This, Mayonnaise or Pudding?"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubV3t9_CwDc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubV3t9_CwDc</a>

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39709 on: January 20, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »

Caucasia-vision.

Classic.

+1

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39710 on: January 20, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »

Caucasia-vision.

Classic.

+1
Such a funny movie. "Black man's kryptonite'. Classic!! Grin Grin

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #39711 on: January 20, 2017, 10:10:58 PM »

Starbucks chorizo breakfast sandwich. Yummy.
Ground chorizo in queso. Also yummy.

Dang it! Now I want chorizo!!!

Thanks, Rapine!  Wink

I was a bit surprised (not unpleasantly, mind  you) the first time I had chorizo anything here in the U.S.  I grew up in West Germany, you see, and my first introduction to chorizo was in Madrid.

Spanish chorizo is very different from Mexican, and harder to find over here.

That said, the grocery store had a "Taste of Spain" thing a while back, with a whole variety of ingredients imported from Spain, and I still have several Spanish chorizo sausages in the cupboard.  Your mention has made me hungry for some, and so I'm going to go eat some.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #39712 on: January 20, 2017, 11:38:27 PM »

Breakfast sausage in queso is where it's at. Especially with some RoTel Tomatoes and Habaneros, some Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, and some chopped jalapeņos and habaneros.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39713 on: January 21, 2017, 12:49:16 AM »

I just realised something. I was 11 when I first watched Robocop, Predator, Alien, Aliens, The Thing, The Fly, Halloween, An American Werewolf in London, Terminator and an untold amount of Hammer Horror

It was a great time to be alive, watching movies

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #39714 on: January 21, 2017, 01:13:55 AM »

I just realised something. I was 11 when I first watched Robocop, Predator, Alien, Aliens, The Thing, The Fly, Halloween, An American Werewolf in London, Terminator and an untold amount of Hammer Horror

It was a great time to be alive, watching movies

"And so, the boy who one day would become Darth Knox found his true love in life: film. Horror, sci-fi. The possibilities were endless for a young lad..."

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39715 on: January 21, 2017, 01:19:21 AM »

"And so, the boy who one day would become Darth Knox found his true love in life: film. Horror, sci-fi. The possibilities were endless for a young lad..."
Those weren't the only movies I watched. There was plenty of Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy, comedies, cartoons, action, westerns and cop movies too. They all contributed to my deep love and appreciation of cinema, especially as a good percentage of those movies are now considered classics.

I just glanced at one of my movies shelves and realised that I was allowed to watch a lot of movies I technically was too young for. I remember one Saturday down the barbershop recounting beat for beat every scene in Robocop to some of the kids there, as I loved it so much (guns, ultra-violence, cyborg, future and a toxic waste melty man).

And my love of sci-fi started with Star Trek (horror began with Michael Jackson's Thriller video! LOL)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39716 on: January 21, 2017, 02:34:47 AM »

*AS KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY'S, CAR VALET CHARACTER*

BUSTER KEATON IS MY ****.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39717 on: January 21, 2017, 02:36:34 AM »

*AS KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY'S, CAR VALET CHARACTER*

BUSTER KEATON IS MY ****.
I'm assuming that's from his tv show? (never seen it as I don't think it airs in the UK)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #39718 on: January 21, 2017, 02:41:38 AM »

I'm assuming that's from his tv show? (never seen it as I don't think it airs in the UK)

You assume correctly.

WARNING: QUI-GON NEESONS IS FEATURED WITHIN

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYG1B1d45Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYG1B1d45Q</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39719 on: January 21, 2017, 02:51:12 AM »

You assume correctly.

WARNING: QUI-GON NEESONS IS FEATURED WITHIN

Ok then. No offence to anyone who likes these guys, but I thought that was 50 shades of crap. Didn't find it funny at all.

That being said though, I am very interested to see Jordan Peele's new movie Get Out. That looks Totes Amazeballs

Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 [2648] 2649 2650 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: