Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2760 2761 [2762] 2763 2764 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4896213 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #41415 on: February 27, 2017, 02:31:13 AM »

My hair is getting longer...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJmpwkUx4s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJmpwkUx4s</a>

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #41416 on: February 27, 2017, 02:34:47 AM »

I am really enjoying all of it so far. Auli'i Cravalho who played Moana singing just now was pretty nice. Jimmy Kimmel is doing a pretty decent job as the host.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41417 on: February 27, 2017, 02:37:27 AM »

I am really enjoying all of it so far. Auli'i Cravalho who played Moana singing just now was pretty nice. Jimmy Kimmel is doing a pretty decent job as the host.
I only know Kimmel from clips on youtube (most notably his ongoing feud with Matt Damon), but he is doing well. His jokes are landing well so far.

Also, I think it's only a matter of time before The Rock is hired as official host for an awards show. The guy is all charm and big smile and looked very comfortable up there.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #41418 on: February 27, 2017, 02:38:27 AM »

My hair is getting longer...

define long....keep in mind this red man has mid back lenth.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41419 on: February 27, 2017, 02:40:25 AM »

define long....keep in mind this red man has mid back lenth.  Grin
And this brown man has pec length (dreads)  Grin

*edit* Just saw Dev Patel on the Oscars and man, he looks so much like Sayid from Lost these days! LOL

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #41420 on: February 27, 2017, 03:28:49 AM »

My hair is long. I can actually pinch the sides with my fingertips

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #41421 on: February 27, 2017, 03:33:43 AM »

My mohawk don't stop.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41422 on: February 27, 2017, 03:41:10 AM »

Gotta say, Kimmel is killing it on the Oscars. Really funny. All his jokes and bits have hit and been on point

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #41423 on: February 27, 2017, 03:41:57 AM »

So glad I don't have to worry about male pattern baldness anymore.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #41424 on: February 27, 2017, 03:44:34 AM »

Gotta say, Kimmel is killing it on the Oscars. Really funny. All his jokes and bits have hit and been on point
You got that right. Good call by the Academy to have him host. He and Conan are my two favorite talk show hosts.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #41425 on: February 27, 2017, 03:45:29 AM »

I hate my nose again.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41426 on: February 27, 2017, 03:47:40 AM »

You got that right. Good call by the Academy to have him host. He and Conan are my two favorite talk show hosts.
It's a shame their shows don't air in the UK. I said elsewhere that I only know Conana nd Kimmel from youtube, Kimmel mainly for his feud with Matt Damon (which is hilarious).

*edit* I remember watching the Oscars as a kid (back when it was still shown on UK tv) and parts of it really seemed to drag. But now, it has flown by. Just over an hour left. I know for some people the Oscars aren't important, but for me it really just highlights, not only what is great about film as a concept and creative medium, but what make film so inclusive, magical and all-encompassing, creating memories that last a lifetime.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #41427 on: February 27, 2017, 04:24:36 AM »

It's a shame their shows don't air in the UK. I said elsewhere that I only know Conana nd Kimmel from youtube, Kimmel mainly for his feud with Matt Damon (which is hilarious).

*edit* I remember watching the Oscars as a kid (back when it was still shown on UK tv) and parts of it really seemed to drag. But now, it has flown by. Just over an hour left. I know for some people the Oscars aren't important, but for me it really just highlights, not only what is great about film as a concept and creative medium, but what make film so inclusive, magical and all-encompassing, creating memories that last a lifetime.
We feel the same about some of the UK shows. We are lucky to get Graham Norton episodes, albeit with a month or two delay.

I, agree, the Oscars are not so stuffy anymore. They are being produced better every year. I'm the only one in my house that watches them, though. It'd be nice if others like to watch them, too, but getting to watch them by myself is quite a bit of fun. I really enjoy just soaking it all in, the performances, the hosts, discovering more about movies that I've never seen and some really good speeches. I agree, too, with everything you said, too. That rings true to me as well. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #41428 on: February 27, 2017, 04:29:48 AM »

We feel the same about some of the UK shows. We are lucky to get Graham Norton episodes, albeit with a month or two delay.

Thank god for online channels and streaming services. It makes it easier every year to get access to more content from around the world.

I, agree, the Oscars are not so stuffy anymore. They are being produced better every year. I'm the only one in my house that watches them, though. It'd be nice if others like to watch them, too, but getting to watch them by myself is quite a bit of fun. I really enjoy just soaking it all in, the performances, the hosts, discovering more about movies that I've never seen and some really good speeches.
Definitely not stuffy anymore. It's just great seeing so much acknowledgement going to so many aspects of this industry.

I agree, too, with everything you said, too. That rings true to me as well.  
I just hope that the younger generation end up with the same experiences and go on to feel the same way about film as we do. I also hope they seek out classics from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s and don't just consider them "old" and not worth their time.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #41429 on: February 27, 2017, 04:46:31 AM »

I just hope that the younger generation end up with the same experiences and go on to feel the same way about film as we do. I also hope they seek out classics from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s and don't just consider them "old" and not worth their time.

I hope the same. One of my favorite channels through our cable provider is TCM (Turner Classic Movies). They're always playing great old films.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: 1 ... 2760 2761 [2762] 2763 2764 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: