Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2883 2884 [2885] 2886 2887 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895748 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #43260 on: June 20, 2017, 05:30:24 AM »

I find it hard to oogle someone that I've seen since they were a kid.

about the same as running into a girl at a strip club you've known since they were 6....just no.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43261 on: June 20, 2017, 06:00:28 AM »

Seeing as I have never watched Harry Potter, she doesn't bother me. It might if I had, but I haven't. Roll Eyes

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #43262 on: June 20, 2017, 06:47:49 AM »

But I got a better question about the Hulk: How does he have any momentum to smash if he only weighs, at most, 190lbs?
Laws of conservation of matter energy: matter/energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but only change form.
So if Bruce Banner only weighed 190lbs, then the Hulk could only weigh 190lbs.

This is the official answer from the Marvel website: Weight: 128 lbs. (Banner); 900 lbs. (gray Hulk); 1,040 – 1,400 lbs.(green/savage Hulk); 1,150 lbs. (green/Professor Hulk).

I thought it was well established that when the transformation happens Banners body increases in mass and height. Why? Because it's a comic book and thems the rules. Best not to question the logic just accept it as is.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #43263 on: June 20, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »

Because it's a comic book and thems the rules. Best not to question the logic just accept it as is.

Yess ... fantasy is fantasy ... and it is great Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #43264 on: June 20, 2017, 10:18:30 AM »

Seeing as I have never watched Harry Potter, she doesn't bother me. It might if I had, but I haven't. Roll Eyes

I haven't either.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43265 on: June 20, 2017, 01:01:59 PM »

This is "meh" to you?

It's because she has a simple beauty about her.

I agree with you. I have the same difficulty, finding someone I've seen in their youth as an adult and finding them attractive on a mature level.
I find it hard to oogle someone that I've seen since they were a kid.

What about those that you grew up with?

I haven't either.

You poor deprived child. I recommend watching the movies before reading the books. 1) for the visual references, and 2) because you will be disappointed with the later movies when you find out how much of the books got chopped.

This is the official answer from the Marvel website: Weight: 128 lbs. (Banner); 900 lbs. (gray Hulk); 1,040 – 1,400 lbs.(green/savage Hulk); 1,150 lbs. (green/Professor Hulk).

I thought it was well established that when the transformation happens Banners body increases in mass and height. Why? Because it's a comic book and thems the rules. Best not to question the logic just accept it as is.

Then it's pure fiction without science, because sci-fi has better rules. (Still gonna watch movies though)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #43266 on: June 20, 2017, 01:28:14 PM »

Then it's pure fiction without science, because sci-fi has better rules. (Still gonna watch movies though)

Yes but many directors or movie makers use fantasy rules ... and generally, even in Sci-Fi, i do not ask for WHY Tongue

Let's consider SWVII ... When Corruscant is destroyed, people on Yavin IV can watch the explosion at the very same instant it occurs ... And we know that there are several LY between Yavin and Corruscant ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43267 on: June 20, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »

Yes but many directors or movie makers use fantasy rules ... and generally, even in Sci-Fi, i do not ask for WHY Tongue

Let's consider SWVII ... When Corruscant is destroyed, people on Yavin IV can watch the explosion at the very same instant it occurs ... And we know that there are several LY between Yavin and Corruscant ...
I think it was Tepes that pointed out that I have a extensive "burden of knowledge". It makes it difficult for me to suspend disbelief.

1) Corruscant wasn't attacked.
2) The Resistance wasn't stationed on Yavin IV.
3) I about screamed out when I saw that mess. NTM the left out detail that SKB fires through a hyperspace tunnel allowing the shot to travel between systems without taking years to reach the targets.

But then Abrams or his science advisor isn't very schooled in astrophysics. Like in ST, when the red matter detonated inside the Romulan ship. A drop was enough to open a singularity strong enough to destroy a planet, yet the entire stockpile didn't instantly fold the entire solar system into subspace? And when they couldn't escape at warp speed because a black hole prevents the escape of light, that was good, but then "Hey we can bust out by using an explosion that moves slower than the speed of light and won't instantly shatter the ship." Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #43268 on: June 20, 2017, 01:52:30 PM »

I think it was Tepes that pointed out that I have a extensive "burden of knowledge". It makes it difficult for me to suspend disbelief.

1) Corruscant wasn't attacked.
2) The Resistance wasn't stationed on Yavin IV.
3) I about screamed out when I saw that mess. NTM the left out detail that SKB fires through a hyperspace tunnel allowing the shot to travel between systems without taking years to reach the targets.

But then Abrams or his science advisor isn't very schooled in astrophysics. Like in ST, when the red matter detonated inside the Romulan ship. A drop was enough to open a singularity strong enough to destroy a planet, yet the entire stockpile didn't instantly fold the entire solar system into subspace? And when they couldn't escape at warp speed because a black hole prevents the escape of light, that was good, but then "Hey we can bust out by using an explosion that moves slower than the speed of light and won't instantly shatter the ship." Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Roll Eyes

This scene was horrible Cheesy

You are 100% Right ... And this is the reason i never ask for WHY Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43269 on: June 20, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »

Actually once explained by those buying into the DC, I actually thought the idea of hyperspace tunneling was pretty good. I would have used it to a much more devastating effect, but the concept was pretty good. Abrams seems to have habit of implementing good ideas and then immediately murdering them with stupid BS.

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #43270 on: June 20, 2017, 02:33:14 PM »

Actually once explained by those buying into the DC, I actually thought the idea of hyperspace tunneling was pretty good. I would have used it to a much more devastating effect, but the concept was pretty good. Abrams seems to have habit of implementing good ideas and then immediately murdering them with stupid BS.

Logos for President !!!!!!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43271 on: June 20, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »

Logos for President !!!!!!
Speaking of, I got my third vote the other day. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #43272 on: June 20, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

It's because she has a simple beauty about her.

You poor deprived child. I recommend watching the movies before reading the books. 1) for the visual references, and 2) because you will be disappointed with the later movies when you find out how much of the books got chopped.

Then simple beauty FTW.

Noted.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #43273 on: June 20, 2017, 03:30:06 PM »

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43274 on: June 20, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »

Then simple beauty FTW.

Noted.
They actually were pretty good movies.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 2883 2884 [2885] 2886 2887 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: