Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2958 2959 [2960] 2961 2962 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895623 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44385 on: October 16, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »

charisma!, even if you have an abrasive personality...people like you!  Grin
What?!?  Roll Eyes I never saw that. You can't prove anything.

What can I say? I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #44386 on: October 16, 2017, 06:39:57 PM »

What?!?  Roll Eyes I never saw that. You can't prove anything.

What can I say? I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

I would give you a ds point, but I can't do that more than once per hour.

Do I drink because I am or am I because I drink? Just asking important questions.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #44387 on: October 16, 2017, 08:03:00 PM »

also means more you accomplished more, met more challenges and won. shared more with more people.
you also managed to survive you own young and foolish times longer. lol

.....or you have more failures to reflect on as you sit alone because you have no friends...   Can't beat my Pessimism.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44388 on: October 16, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »

.....or you have more failures to reflect on as you sit alone because you have no friends...   Can't beat my Pessimism.
You seem bent on being a bit of a downer. Everything ok?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #44389 on: October 16, 2017, 08:32:34 PM »

You seem bent on being a bit of a downer. Everything ok?

this is how I see the world.  Life is just one failure after another, sometimes (if your Lucky) peppered with fleeting victories.  So, when you really have nothing you can look back on fondly, the future never looks very bright.  You just trudge on.  Like I said, I have a strong sense of Pessimism.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44390 on: October 16, 2017, 08:53:14 PM »

this is how I see the world.  Life is just one failure after another, sometimes (if your Lucky) peppered with fleeting victories.  So, when you really have nothing you can look back on fondly, the future never looks very bright.  You just trudge on.  Like I said, I have a strong sense of Pessimism.
It's all a matter of perspective. If you are trying to empty the glass, and you look at it as half empty, you are optimistic because you are halfway to your goal.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #44391 on: October 16, 2017, 08:58:54 PM »

It's all a matter of perspective. If you are trying to empty the glass, and you look at it as half empty, you are optimistic because you are halfway to your goal.

Assuming you have goals and the skills, time or ability to even think about having a goal.  Less about perspective, its about environment.  So many are stuck merely based in where they are.  Then there are those that were prepared for a different world than the one that exists now.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44392 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:36 PM »

Assuming you have goals and the skills, time or ability to even think about having a goal.  Less about perspective, its about environment.  So many are stuck merely based in where they are.  Then there are those that were prepared for a different world than the one that exists now.
I have a firmly held belief that no one is ever stuck anywhere beyond their choosing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44393 on: October 16, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »

I have a firmly held belief that no one is ever stuck anywhere beyond their choosing.

^^^
It can seem impossible but you can bring about change for yourself.

I am considering a complete 180 in my work situation. It's just a matter of do I send that resume and portfolio or not? After that it's either continue on as I am, try to improve my current job by becoming motivated to improve my business or get that new job and dissolve my business and leave an industry I do enjoy working in but have little opportunity to advance in at this time.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44394 on: October 16, 2017, 09:42:10 PM »

^^^
It can seem impossible but you can bring about change for yourself.

I am considering a complete 180 in my work situation. It's just a matter of do I send that resume and portfolio or not? After that it's either continue on as I am, try to improve my current job by becoming motivated to improve my business or get that new job and dissolve my business and leave an industry I do enjoy working in but have little opportunity to advance in at this time.
Yes, exactly.

As I said, matter of perspective. My outlook prevents me taking the role of "victim". I remain optimistic by feeding hope that there is always a solution to a problem. I just have to want to solve it, and weigh what it will take to bring about change.

I'm not trying to diminish someone else's bad time. I get it, down times suck, but there are always ways out of them.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44395 on: October 16, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »

I'm not trying to diminish someone else's bad time. I get it, down times suck, but there are always ways out of them.

Ditto. If I didn't try to keep an optimistic outlook I would be drinking myself into an early grave, going bald and horribly depressed right now. Keep Calm and Carry On and This Too Shall Pass are my modus operandi right now.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #44396 on: October 16, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »

This, unfortunately is not reality, at least not many people's reality.  There are many ambitious and talented people out there who are stuck, for a plethora of reasons.  In this day and age, skillset is a main sticking point.  Time another.  Without going into to much personal detail I can vouch for both of these.  I don't really see it as a "victim" mindset either, that entails it's someone's fault.  Someone screwed you over.  I don't think that at all.  While there were events sometimes involving others I don't think for a second they did it on purpose.  

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #44397 on: October 16, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »

My dad has a great saying:
"If your problem has a solution, then why worry?  If you problem has no solution, then why worry?"
Always brings a smile to my face.  Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44398 on: October 16, 2017, 10:31:15 PM »

Yes, exactly.

As I said, matter of perspective. My outlook prevents me taking the role of "victim". I remain optimistic by feeding hope that there is always a solution to a problem. I just have to want to solve it, and weigh what it will take to bring about change.

My God... SERIOUSLY, man. It's like we were separated at birth.

On the subject, this metaquote from Sucker Punch pretty much sums up my philosophy:

"Everyone has an Angel. A Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us. Its everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. You can deny angels exist, Convince ourselves they can't be real. But they show up anyway, at strange places and at strange times. They can speak through any character we can imagine. They'll shout through demons if they have to. Daring us, challenging us to fight.

And finally this question, the mystery of whose story it will be. Of who draws the curtain. Who is it that chooses our steps in the dance? Who drives us mad? Lashes us with whips and crowns us with victory when we survive the impossible? Who is it, that does all of these things?

Who honors those we love for the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us, and at the same time sings that we will never die? Who teaches us what's real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us? And who holds the key that can set us free?

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need. Now fight!"

Great movie, that.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44399 on: October 16, 2017, 11:39:08 PM »

Point Jev

Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 ... 2958 2959 [2960] 2961 2962 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: