Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2961 2962 [2963] 2964 2965 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4900391 times)
Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #44430 on: October 18, 2017, 09:25:56 PM »

*shrugs* I put nothing past wildlife lol. I see lots of crazy crap every day. Yeah they are nasty messy things tho I find them to be more grin and hiss than actually aggressive. Pick them up all the time  Grin

I think it depends on environment and what sort of mood they are in. I've been bitten by possums three times, and by the same token I've scruffed raccoons that did little more than make that weird chortling sound.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44431 on: October 18, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »

I think it depends on environment and what sort of mood they are in. I've been bitten by possums three times, and by the same token I've scruffed raccoons that did little more than make that weird chortling sound.

Perhaps, up here possums are fairly docile and raccoons are a-holes who will put as many holes into you as they can. By 4 weeks  they are already trying to make me bleed and I won't handle raccoons over 6 weeks with my hands (and bite proof gloves) Cat grabbers, catch pole or chloroform for those bastards.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44432 on: October 19, 2017, 02:08:29 AM »

It's true.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgaTiJrXvRY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgaTiJrXvRY</a>

The original was done in 1995. Natalie Imbruglia's version came out in 1997.

Mind. Blown.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #44433 on: October 19, 2017, 02:39:23 AM »

After the crappy few days I've had, a small ray of sunshine.... I found Cheers on Netflix.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #44434 on: October 19, 2017, 04:15:16 AM »

My point exactly. You are currently in the process of getting back up and kicking circumstance in the balls.

Yeah true.

And possums in attics? Yikes.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #44435 on: October 19, 2017, 12:38:44 PM »

Yeah true.

And possums in attics? Yikes.

It could be worse, I have heard terrible tales of 15 pound rats.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44436 on: October 19, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »

The original was done in 1995. Natalie Imbruglia's version came out in 1997.
I knew hers was a cover, just never thought about it. I liked the original... guess I came of age at like 10  Roll Eyes

Ahh Rats. Great pets but critters I choose not to deal with. Do roof rats get that big? We don't have them up here, just Norwegians.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44437 on: October 19, 2017, 12:46:43 PM »

You mean the Mexican ones?

After the crappy few days I've had, a small ray of sunshine.... I found Cheers on Netflix.
See? Little sprinkles of sunshine. Grin

Ahh Rats. Great pets but critters I choose not to deal with. Do roof rats get that big? We don't have them up here, just Norwegians.
I've heard they're incredibly intelligent. I wouldn't want to deal with the mess, but every pet store rat I've ever dealt with was very friendly.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44438 on: October 19, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »

You mean nutria?

Yeah, them's good eating.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44439 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »

You mean nutria?

How are those not classified as a breed of beaver?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44440 on: October 19, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »

It's kinda like Cheers here on the forum. The forum is a great place to get away, we all know your name and we are glad you came.

I've heard they're incredibly intelligent. I wouldn't want to deal with the mess, but every pet store rat I've ever dealt with was very friendly.

They are fantastic pets, friendly and easily trainable. Hamsters are dicks, guinea pigs are nice enough but seem to be really bad for people with allergies. Rabbits can be hit or miss either totally mean or delightful, friendly and easily trainable. I have yet to meet a mean pet rat. (I'm sure they do exist)

Darkside Points Please

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #44441 on: October 19, 2017, 01:06:40 PM »

You mean nutria?

No, I mean rats. Huge, ugly, mean rats that damage property and attack pets. Supposedly they got one on a scale after hitting it with a .22 hollowpoint and it weighed just a hair over 15 pounds.

It's kinda like Cheers here on the forum. The forum is a great place to get away, we all know your name and we are glad you came.

They are fantastic pets, friendly and easily trainable. Hamsters are dicks, guinea pigs are nice enough but seem to be really bad for people with allergies. Rabbits can be hit or miss either totally mean or delightful, friendly and easily trainable. I have yet to meet a mean pet rat. (I'm sure they do exist)

There are plenty of people with pet rats, I don't understand it, just like I don't understand why one would keep ferrets. But to each their own.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44442 on: October 19, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »

How are those not classified as a breed of beaver?

Well Nutria, muskrat and beaver are all aquatic rodents... thats about as connected as there get. Mainly I think it's the round vs. flat tail and the presence of castor in the beaver.

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44443 on: October 19, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »

Well Nutria, muskrat and beaver are all aquatic rodents... thats about as connected as there get. Mainly I think it's the round vs. flat tail and the presence of castor in the beaver.
Castor?

Not everyone is glad. My troll pinched 3 points between yesterday afternoon to now. I seriously wish I knew how I pissed him off that bad.

I used to sing the praises of mice, but it turns out I'm only a fan of female mice. Of the 3 males I've ever owned: 1 died less than a week after purchase, 1 was a PITA and wouldn't leave my females alone or quit marking every damn thing, the last was just an asshole that wanted nothing to do with me and was a biter.

There are plenty of people with pet rats, I don't understand it, just like I don't understand why one would keep ferrets. But to each their own.
Probably because rats are social creatures. Like birds and dogs, when alone, they apply the song sage advice: "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44444 on: October 19, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »

Castor?
Castoreum - A yellow oil secreted from the castor sac (not truly a gland) of an adult beaver used for marking territory. Castoreum is used commercially in perfumes and as a food additive.

Not everyone is glad. My troll pinched 3 points between yesterday afternoon to now. I seriously wish I knew how I pissed him off that bad.

I was directing that towards Darth Tepes. Sorry to hear your troll is still lurking about, have a -1

Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 ... 2961 2962 [2963] 2964 2965 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: