Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2963 2964 [2965] 2966 2967 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895769 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44460 on: October 22, 2017, 01:14:09 AM »

They got the definition wrong

It has been said that the definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”. I understand the sentiment behind the saying, but it’s wrong.

I entered the building on a bet. I was strapped for cash and didn’t buy into the old legends of the hotel to begin with, so fifty bucks was more than enough to get me do it. It was simple. Just reach the top floor, the 45th floor, shine my flashlight from a window.

The hotel was old and broken, including the elevator, so that meant hiking up the stairs. So up the stairs I went. As I reached each platform, I noted the old brass plaques displaying the floor numbers. 15, 16, 17, 18. I felt a little tired as I crept higher, but so far, no ghosts, no cannibals, no demons. Piece of cake.

I can’t tell you how happy I was as I entered that last stretch of numbers. I joyfully counted them aloud at each platform. 40,41,42,43, 44, 44. I stopped and looked back down the stairs. I must have miscounted, so I continued up. 44. One more flight. 44. And then down ten flights. 44. Fifteen flights. 44.

And so it’s been for as long as I can remember. So really, insanity isn’t doing something repeatedly and expecting different results. It’s knowing that the results will never ever change; that each door leads to the same staircase, to the same number. It’s realizing you no longer fall asleep.

It’s not knowing whether you’ve been running for days or weeks or years.

It’s when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter.

Sleep tight, Saberforum.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #44461 on: October 22, 2017, 04:21:44 AM »

Are we sharing horror stories now?

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44462 on: October 22, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »

Are we sharing horror stories now?

Well, 'tis the season, and all that...

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #44463 on: October 22, 2017, 02:30:34 PM »

Work overnights, should have been asleep hours ago yet I came here. This addiction may need an intervention. 😁😁😁😁

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #44464 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »

Work overnights, should have been asleep hours ago yet I came here. This addiction may need an intervention. 😁😁😁😁
What hours do you work, I work 10p to 6a (my main job).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #44465 on: October 22, 2017, 10:00:43 PM »

What hours do you work, I work 10p to 6a (my main job).

Pretty much the same. Graveyard shift. Only day I am guaranteed off is Christmas Eve.

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #44466 on: October 22, 2017, 10:12:09 PM »

Pretty much the same. Graveyard shift. Only day I am guaranteed off is Christmas Eve.
I'm only guaranteed a holiday off of its on my days off. Not saying I never get any off. This year I'm off for Thanksgiving so working Christmas Eve and Christmas.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #44467 on: October 22, 2017, 10:26:09 PM »

Well, 'tis the season, and all that...

Well, if thats so I'll leave this here. . . sorry its not real great and so long.

The young couple was half way home when the lights appeared in their rear view mirror, round lights, low and wide. They were suddenly there, so close that the young couple could practically feel the vibration of the big V-8 engine that bellowed behind them, the radio crackled and Jumping’Jack Flash started playing and nothing the woman did would stop it, as the man slowly sped up.
   The little car lolled dangerously around a sharp curve, behind them the behemoths engine barked and roared as it down-shifted. Its nose dropped, the tail end walked out a little, and as the young couple gained a little the woman looked back and took in long and sleek jet-black Buick. Her blood went cold as they came out of the curve and the monstrous old sedan roared right back up on their tail. Along the road ahead the few streetlights that were there disappeared, going out just as they got within their range.
   The man white knuckled the wheel and gritted his teeth eking out every little bit of power their beleaguered little straight four could muster, it was shaking and ticking badly, but they were slowly but surely gaining ground. As the road developed a gentle curve the evil Buick suddenly dropped away, thr streetlights came back on, and their radio shut off. In the sudden quiet, graced only by the ragged sobbing of their overworked little motor the husband let their speed fall and he turned to his wife.
   “What in tarnation?”, his voice wavered and his heart raced, he got no answer from his wife who sat there pale and shaking in the dim light of the streetlamps that flashed by. Just moments later they came to a stop sign and slowed to stop, taking a moment to catch their breath.
   As he turned to comfort his wife he noticed a dark shape on the right side of the intersection, he froze and his jaw dropped as the infernal Buick roared to life, twisting from the torque of the massive 425 nailhead. His wife whimpered as it revved up and down, straining at its brakes.
   “How on earth!?”, The husband shrieked as he stomped on the gas and wrenched the wheel around to go back the way they had come as Jumpin’ Jack Flash picked up where it left off and the horrific Buick leaped after them. The wife wailed as her husband pushed the car to its limits to try to lose the spectral monstrosity, but as hard as he pushed it they couldn’t shake it. The light of the Buicks headlights filled the interior of the couples car as they raced around the gentle curve.
   The evil old car seemed to laugh as the young couple sobbed in terror. Suddenly that tight curve was there, the husband stomped on the bakes and gritted his teeth while his wife screamed and the little compact car skidded, too fast to turn, into a big, battered old oak tree.

“Its a darned shame.”, the sheriff sighed as the mangled wreck of the couples car was pried off of the tree and the coroners van rolled off, the old man who owns the property shook his head and sighed.
   “Must be something about this darned old tree.”, as he said it he gestured to a a clump of little wooden crosses and the withered remains of flowers beside the tree.
   “Sure,”, the sheriff sighed as he pulled off his hat and shook his balding head, “But why did they turn around hard enough to leave tire marks on the road back there and come tearing along like the devils own hounds were after them?”.

The young couple yawned and shook themselves awake in the back seat of their new friends car, as the big Buicks monster V-8 rumbled to life. The car was packed, two teens in leather jackets and an older man in a checked sportcoat sat in the front seat, the young couple and a young woman in a denim jacket sat beside the couple. Together they laughed and sang along to Jumpin’ Jack Flash as the chased the blazing red setting sun.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #44468 on: October 23, 2017, 07:58:59 AM »

I'm only guaranteed a holiday off of its on my days off. Not saying I never get any off. This year I'm off for Thanksgiving so working Christmas Eve and Christmas.

I feel you on Christmas Day. My job tries to be sneaky and gets everyone to come in at 12:01 to avoid double holiday pay.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44469 on: October 23, 2017, 01:26:02 PM »

They got the definition wrong

It has been said that the definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”. I understand the sentiment behind the saying, but it’s wrong.

I entered the building on a bet. I was strapped for cash and didn’t buy into the old legends of the hotel to begin with, so fifty bucks was more than enough to get me do it. It was simple. Just reach the top floor, the 45th floor, shine my flashlight from a window.

The hotel was old and broken, including the elevator, so that meant hiking up the stairs. So up the stairs I went. As I reached each platform, I noted the old brass plaques displaying the floor numbers. 15, 16, 17, 18. I felt a little tired as I crept higher, but so far, no ghosts, no cannibals, no demons. Piece of cake.

I can’t tell you how happy I was as I entered that last stretch of numbers. I joyfully counted them aloud at each platform. 40,41,42,43, 44, 44. I stopped and looked back down the stairs. I must have miscounted, so I continued up. 44. One more flight. 44. And then down ten flights. 44. Fifteen flights. 44.

And so it’s been for as long as I can remember. So really, insanity isn’t doing something repeatedly and expecting different results. It’s knowing that the results will never ever change; that each door leads to the same staircase, to the same number. It’s realizing you no longer fall asleep.

It’s not knowing whether you’ve been running for days or weeks or years.

It’s when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter.

Sleep tight, Saberforum.
Amen. A fair amount of experimentation is required to rule out the influence of chaos. And just because the variables are not perceivable to those observing your behavior, does not count you as insane, merely meticulous. I've always hated that definition. To me, insanity is blindly accepting/expecting that things won't change.

In other news, my coffee tastes like a graham cracker this morning. It's friggin delicious. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44470 on: October 23, 2017, 02:31:34 PM »

Mmmmmm coffee. I need more coffee... Was up most of the night and ended up sleeping in and now I'm going to be late to my only scheduled appointment today /sigh. On the bright side, I get to go to Tandy Leather after work to peruse the selection for a hilt wrap

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #44471 on: October 23, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »

Mmmmmm coffee. I need more coffee... Was up most of the night and ended up sleeping in and now I'm going to be late to my only scheduled appointment today /sigh. On the bright side, I get to go to Tandy Leather after work to peruse the selection for a hilt wrap

ah, the smell of leather.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44472 on: October 23, 2017, 03:04:01 PM »

Yeah. I had a short lived phase of making really strong coffee. It worked miracles on Friday after barely surviving the week, but on a Monday after being rested over a weekend.....I could see noises and hear flavors.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44473 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »

Yeah. I had a short lived phase of making really strong coffee. It worked miracles on Friday after barely surviving the week, but on a Monday after being rested over a weekend.....I could see noises and hear flavors.

Hell, I drink so much coffee that if I quit cold turkey I'm afraid the cumulative withdrawal would literally kill me.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #44474 on: October 23, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »

ah, the smell of leather.

Excellent smell!

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 ... 2963 2964 [2965] 2966 2967 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: