Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2996 2997 [2998] 2999 3000 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880063 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #44955 on: December 07, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »

I can honestly say she was the best part.

Haven't seen it yet, but your telling me her performance was better than Dame Judi Dench, Willem Defoe, Johnny Depp, Michelle pfeiffer and Kenneth Brannagh?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44956 on: December 07, 2017, 05:22:27 PM »

Haven't seen it yet, but your telling me her performance was better than Dame Judi Dench, Willem Defoe, Johnny Depp, Michelle pfeiffer and Kenneth Brannagh?
This being the second version of the film I've scene, I'm beginning to think that I'm just not a huge fan of the story. Some aspects felt so convoluted that they were hard to follow. As for Daisy's performance; considering that she has far less experience than the vets you mentioned, she was on par with them. But as far the characters went, her's seemed to be the least exaggerated. I'm not diminishing the acting talent of the star power, but if memory serves, the characters in the original failed to thrill me as well. Branagh successfully toned down the excessively boisterous performance of Albert Finney without losing the eccentricity of the character. Josh Gad's performance is also worth noting as it was the first time I've ever scene him in a seriously role. He was quite good without overdoing it as well.

Ironically, the character of Mary (Daisy) also had my full attention in the original, played by Vanessa Redgrave.

Reasons. Grin

The set of the train was an thing of absolute beauty. One detail that had to be sacrificed was that no one's breath showed in the outside scenes.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #44957 on: December 07, 2017, 10:35:16 PM »

oh The TLJ visual dictionary has given be so much to think on.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44958 on: December 08, 2017, 04:47:08 PM »

I just received an email called "Random Thoughts". Figured I'd share them.

* If you attempt to rob a bank you won't have any trouble with rent/food bills for the next 10 years, whether or not you are successful.

* Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

* What if my dog only brings back my ball because he thinks I like throwing it?

* If poison expires, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?

* Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?

* Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work.

* Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.

* The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims".

* Intentionally losing a game of rock, paper, scissors is just as hard as trying to win.

* 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars.
   Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.

* Your future self is watching you right now through memories.

* The doctors that told Stephen Hawking he had two years to live in 1953 are probably dead.

* If you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them.    (Love this one)

* Many animals probably need glasses, but nobody knows it.

* If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #44959 on: December 08, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »

-1 for those, Logos!

You guys.  It's freakin' SNOWING.  In LOUISIANA.  We've got a 5 inch accumulation and I don't know what to do with myself!

(J/K, I totally do. I dressed up like my namesake and went outside and took extremely stupid pictures because that's what normal people do when it snows, right?)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44960 on: December 08, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »

-1 for those, Logos!

You guys.  It's freakin' SNOWING.  In LOUISIANA.  We've got a 5 inch accumulation and I don't know what to do with myself!

(J/K, I totally do. I dressed up like my namesake and went outside and took extremely stupid pictures because that's what normal people do when it snows, right?)

Post it or it didn't happen. Tongue

Yeah I forgot to send best wished for survival to y'all down south. You've got more snow than I do.

Stumbled across this from an ancient post. Felt like resurrecting.

Sig by For Tyeth

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #44961 on: December 08, 2017, 05:25:13 PM »

right! that kinda snow we would normally see in an hr. have yet to see that much for the season yet. lol

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44962 on: December 08, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »

You guys.  It's freakin' SNOWING.  In LOUISIANA.  We've got a 5 inch accumulation and I don't know what to do with myself!

Pics! Oh, also, don't implode, freak out, hoard food, try to drive or think you are going to die.  Wink

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #44963 on: December 08, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »

Post it or it didn't happen. Tongue

Yeah I forgot to send best wished for survival to y'all down south. You've got more snow than I do.

Ha, maybe I'll post one.  Maybe.  We've got FIVE INCHES right now and I'm freaking out! SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44964 on: December 08, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »

Ha, maybe I'll post one.  Maybe.  We've got FIVE INCHES right now and I'm freaking out! SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!
"Freaking out" good, or "freaking out" bad?

Sig by For Tyeth

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #44965 on: December 08, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »

Noctis. isn't there a rule about using 4 letter words on the forum? really should be.
now, you have to think what other possible words qualify.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #44966 on: December 08, 2017, 07:49:13 PM »

-1 for those, Logos!

Awesome times...we have about 5 inches now in Germany where I'm at.  And this is the second time its snowed this season

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #44967 on: December 08, 2017, 08:00:06 PM »

I just received an email called "Random Thoughts". Figured I'd share them.

* If you attempt to rob a bank you won't have any trouble with rent/food bills for the next 10 years, whether or not you are successful.

* Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

* What if my dog only brings back my ball because he thinks I like throwing it?

* If poison expires, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?

* Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?

* Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work.

* Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.

* The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims".

* Intentionally losing a game of rock, paper, scissors is just as hard as trying to win.

* 100 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars.
   Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.

* Your future self is watching you right now through memories.

* The doctors that told Stephen Hawking he had two years to live in 1953 are probably dead.

* If you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them.    (Love this one)

* Many animals probably need glasses, but nobody knows it.

* If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before.

Nice, those are great.

-1 for those, Logos!

I love snow. We have nearly a foot here.

Pics! Oh, also, don't implode, freak out, hoard food, try to drive or think you are going to die.  Wink

Yes to all of these, with a slight modification to the don't try to drive. If you drive, be careful. Much more careful than you think you need to be. I have seen and heard of so many accidents because people don't realize that snow and slick roads make driving different.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #44968 on: December 08, 2017, 08:22:29 PM »

-1 for those, Logos!

Never went to the South of the US but Louisiana sounds like crocodiles, Caribbean Sea and New Orleans ... not snow!!! Wink

Have fun Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #44969 on: December 08, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »

Very beautiful snow covering everything this morning in Houston.  By now it is all melted away though.  Sad

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 2996 2997 [2998] 2999 3000 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: