Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3040 3041 [3042] 3043 3044 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4893504 times)
DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #45615 on: February 17, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »

While the word Sith was never mentioned in the original films (it was used in the 1976 novelization for the film)..the Sith were there..Vader and Palpatine.  Dark Force Users.  There was equal time divided between Luke and his path to being a Jedi and his friends.  But, it was pretty clear that Luke's path was the key to everything.  The Prequels were similar in that it was really a battle between the Jedi and Sith happening, with Anakin being the key.   Much of the new canon books and comics have very little to do with the Force side of Star Wars and as seen with the 2 anthology films so far.  Comments I have read over many forums seem to voice the same..they want to see the "regular" people over Force Users.  Again, like I said, I am biased.  Without the Jedi/Sith/Force aspect of Star Wars it would hold no interest for me.

Ah-ha! I get what you're saying now. I'm not going to comment further on the topic, however, because I could see where trying to define or describe the reasons for this could get one in trouble quickly. I'll simply say that since Luke and Han are now physically dead, there's no reason for Star Wars to continue.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #45616 on: February 17, 2018, 02:50:01 PM »

I would definitely like to see SWOR movies with some more powerful Sith and Jedi battles.  I too prefer the focus on force users over the focus on "normies" trend currently.  I get the nice PC message, average people can make a difference too, but like DT says, that is not why I like to watch sci-fi movies like Star Wars.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #45617 on: February 17, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »

I have no problem with movies/shows not using Force sensitive characters in them, and the reason why, is because the Force sensitives have always been relatively rare. There is no reason to not use regular people with trained abilities, because there should be fewer people with special abilities. Just my view, but yes, I'd love to see more about the Jedi and Sith. A TOR movie(s) would be awesome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #45618 on: February 17, 2018, 07:33:25 PM »

I have no problem with movies/shows not using Force sensitive characters in them, and the reason why, is because the Force sensitives have always been relatively rare. There is no reason to not use regular people with trained abilities, because there should be fewer people with special abilities. Just my view, but yes, I'd love to see more about the Jedi and Sith. A TOR movie(s) would be awesome.

I'm not talking about just filling a movie with force sensitives (unless it is in the Old Republic Era when there were many more of them) but focusing on the ones in the film more.  For me, all the normal people are background.  Like if there was a Superman film where most of the time was spent on Jimmy Olsen.  In terms of the Anthology films, I get why they would make a Han Solo film, I have no interest in it, but it makes sense.  But, instead of Rogue One..wouldn't have been much better to had a film about Vader hunting a Jedi.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #45619 on: February 18, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »

well there are a few graph on the matter, I they put Ice Hockey at #1 and Snowboard cross #2.  Mostly because of all the aerial dangers...."it's not the fall, but that sudden stop at the end"

I'd say freestyle snowboarding and skiing are a bit more dangerous than snowboard/ski cross.Just considering the heights involved, then add spinning and flipping and "you know what's cool, let's go in facing BACKWARDS while doing all this!" Snowboard X is pretty dang unsafe though...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #45620 on: February 18, 2018, 07:18:09 PM »

I really don't get wonder bread. Yeah, its cheap, but its like eating spongy paper.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #45621 on: February 18, 2018, 08:38:45 PM »

I really don't get wonder bread. Yeah, its cheap, but its like eating spongy paper.

My dad used to work as a vendor for them, so he'd get to keep whatever bread expired before it sold....it tastes worse slightly stale.

(Sig by me!)

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #45622 on: February 18, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »

My dad used to work as a vendor for them, so he'd get to keep whatever bread expired before it sold....it tastes worse slightly stale.

When I was really little my parents used to buy wonderbread to feed the six of us, I hated it then and I hate it even more now. Especially since I made friends with an employee of a local bakery so I get the friends and family discount when she's working.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #45623 on: February 18, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »

Most store bought (pre sliced) white sandwich bread taste pretty bad.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #45624 on: February 19, 2018, 12:47:47 AM »

Some of you saber aficionados sure are bread snobs! Who knew? I prefer Sunbeam Split Top myself and could eat most white bread straight from the bag with glee. Especially excellent for sopping up gravy or wiping up the leftover sauce from canned ravioli. White trash raised on white bread and not ashamed.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #45625 on: February 19, 2018, 12:51:03 AM »

Dude - Beefaroni...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #45626 on: February 19, 2018, 06:30:53 AM »

Homemade white bread (well, any homemade bread really) is better than any store-bought bread.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #45627 on: February 19, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »

I prefer whole wheat bread myself. From the bakery is better, but my parents usually buy the packaged stuff, which is fine. My grandparents always had real good bread from the bakery, because my grandpa would not touch prepackaged bread.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #45628 on: February 19, 2018, 03:40:48 PM »

Yeah - 'cuz this looks perfectly safe. O_o

"I'm just going to lie down on this little metal sled, and rocket down this ice tube face first.  What could possibly go wrong?"

NOPE.
As I keep griping about the FIA ruining F1 with their incessant "safety" regs; "If it were safe, everyone would do it, and nobody would care to watch." Undecided

Something I have seemed to notice ever since just before Disney took over Lucasfilm (not going to be a Disney bashing thing, just establishing a timeline).  It seems more and more people are not wanting to see Star Wars based around Jedi and Sith.  While there is still a focus on them it seems to be being pushed further to the back.  Just seems odd to me that the one thing that really set Star Wars apart is seemingly becoming more neglected.  But maybe I'm just biased.
No accounting for taste.

What, in your observation, has taken over the plot line? I'm barely a casual fan of the franchise and never watched Ep.1-3. Just reading some of the posts in this forum, I woud say that only Ep.1-3 had anything to do with Jedi and Sith. Ep.4-6 there was no mention of a Sith; we only had Jedi. You could say that Ep.7-8 continued the non-Sith mention because I didn't hear about it there either. So I would say that the franchise itself left the Sith behind in the prequels for a reason, which had nothing to do with Disney, because the original trilogy was so long ago. I'm don't know what I'm talking about, just making my own observation.
If you watch 1-3, you'd know why 4-6 don't deal with the Jedi/Sith struggle.

Again, like I said, I am biased.  Without the Jedi/Sith/Force aspect of Star Wars it would hold no interest for me.  Main reason I am all for an Old Republic film(s)
Without that aspect, you simply have another generic sci-fi story. <yawn> I think DJ said it best, "They blow you up today, you blow them up tomorrow." (Or something to that effect.)

I would definitely like to see SWOR movies with some more powerful Sith and Jedi battles.  I too prefer the focus on force users over the focus on "normies" trend currently.  I get the nice PC message, average people can make a difference too, but like DT says, that is not why I like to watch sci-fi movies like Star Wars.
On the flip side of the same thought, average people can also suck and be cruel to one another. The Jedi/Sith struggle breaks us away from the everyday, in the same way super-heroes/villains do.

I'm totally against participation trophies. "Normal" is boring and so overrated I want to puke. Don't begrudge people because they are exceptional, but don't praise them either. And always remember

But, instead of Rogue One..wouldn't have been much better to had a film about Vader hunting a Jedi.
Yeah, like The Force Unleashed. Roll Eyes Tongue Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #45629 on: February 19, 2018, 03:43:34 PM »

As I keep griping about the FIA ruining F1 with their incessant "safety" regs; "If it were safe, everyone would do it, and nobody would care to watch." Undecided

Yep, and I'm not one of those...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 3040 3041 [3042] 3043 3044 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: