Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3080 3081 [3082] 3083 3084 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879988 times)
Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #46215 on: April 20, 2018, 01:03:40 AM »

*Hopes no one throws shade at her because she likes the new movies and Rey as a character*

I get a lot of crap for liking the movies. I sometimes get the feeling people are talking to me like I'm some idiot because I like them. I love Rey as a character. Is she perfect, no she has glaring flaws but I find more to like than not. Do I think certain things could have been done better? Absolutely. They aren't perfect but I like the new trilogy for what it is, and I will point out the things I don't like, and even admit that Rey is somewhat of a Mary Sue. However I never seem to get there, because people don't allow me to. They just tell me I'm not a real fan, or that I don't know what know what I'm talking about, or just call me names. (Not to be that girl, but I'm certain being a woman doesn't help.)

It's exhausting, so I don't talk about it except with a few people I know agree, or don't but aren't pricks about it.

I hate the new movies * leaves it at that*  but I like Rey.  She is a good role model for young girls, Sassy, powerful, with a bit of snark and not willing to give into any one of sacrifice what she believes in or how she feels.  Like I mentioned before as long as everyone respects each other I have no issues with who likes what.

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #46216 on: April 20, 2018, 01:10:21 AM »

I don't have problems with the new characters. I have problems with plot holes and lack of character motivation. I can't stand wedging known characters into actions and roles that they don't fit. There's what the new films are trying to be, and then there's how utterly short they fall. I'm critiquing the films, not fans.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #46217 on: April 20, 2018, 01:10:31 AM »

I wasn't a fan of Rey until TLJ. And in that same vein grew to appreciate Kylo as well.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46218 on: April 20, 2018, 01:24:06 AM »

One of the reasons I have pretty much stopped discussing SW as of late.  I hate TLJ with all my little black heart and when I hear someone say they love it...well... its not pretty.  But, I know and respect that people have differing opinions...so I just save everyone the trouble and try to avoid it as much as possible.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #46219 on: April 20, 2018, 01:31:52 AM »

Nearly a year ago, I attempted swapping the damaged blade on an Ultimate FX. After much work, I succeeded... in snapping the wires as I went to put it together. I left it in parts as I've considered whether or not I'm up to soldering it back together. I nearly fell to the dark side the first/last time I soldered. Today, I gave it another attempt. After successfully soldering the orange wire, I found the other end had snapped from the "try me" button without my even noticing. Having no knowledge of where it was attached previously hidden from view, I guessed at where it should go. I put the batteries in  place and fired it up. It worked. Slowly reassembling all the screws which I could not remember what size goes where, I finished with one...extra screw? Searching underneath the batteries, I found the matching hole. I now have a working, potentially duel worthy Darth Maul Ultimate FX with a white blade. Yes, it's just a toy, but it was a previously damaged collectible now improved.

Congrats and good job OWK! Point

Everyone knows I dislike the new movies, surprise, surprise. I mostly agree with what OWK said... now I'm going to follow Tepes lead and shut up before I end up ranting at Logos for an extended period of time.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #46220 on: April 20, 2018, 01:51:54 AM »

Maybe I missed out on this on another thread but glad it has been brought up.  I watched TLJ in the movie theater (by myself) and kept looking around as if to see if anyone was as disturbed by what was going on as me but no, everyone around me was into it and laughing.  Felt like I had entered the twilight zone.  Went home complained to anybody that would listen to me.  Went online saw some similar reactions to mine and felt somewhat sane again but also saw some people say it gets better the second time.  So rented and watched blu ray with the parents, it was funny to see them react similarly to me, hear my 78 yr old dad bemoan what they had done to the Luke character and rant on how the original trilogies were better than anything since.  Listened to my 81 yr old mom, complain about Rey's origin, Snoke's death, and how ridiculous the Rose and Finn side story was.  And thought yep these are my parents no doubt about it and beamed with pride.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #46221 on: April 20, 2018, 02:02:13 AM »

I didn't LOVE the new movie... but I certainly LIKED it and enjoyed it. I didn't really care for the Rose and Finn story line, but I did enjoy Kylo's and Rey's. Luke's was kinda meh, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. Just like TFA I giggled at the joke, they were cute. Speaking of cute, Poe Damoran was cuter the second time around. And BB-8 is just too adorable not to love, like a little mechanical, rolling puppy.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #46222 on: April 20, 2018, 02:07:35 AM »

Well, I pulled the trigger on buying a new laptop.

Case: EON17-X
Exterior: ORIGIN PC Black
Current Special Offers: Turn Your Tax Refund Into an Epic Upgrade
The ORIGIN Difference: ORIGIN PC EON17-X - The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed
Keyboard and Touchpad: Customizable Backlit Keyboard w/ Three Lighting Zones and Multiple Color options and Multi-gesture Touchpad
Display Type: QHD 2560 x 1440 17.3" IPS 120Hz G-SYNC Matte Display
Processors: Intel Core i5 8600K 6-Core 3.6GHz (4.3GHz TurboBoost)
Graphic Cards: Single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB [VR Ready]
Memory: 32GB ORIGIN PC Approved DDR4 2400MHz (2 X 16GB)
Operating System: MS Windows 10 Professional
M.2 SSD Option: m.2 SSD OS Drive
M.2 SSD Drive: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2
M.2 SSD Drive Two: None
Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio powered by Sound Blaster Xfi MB5 w/ external 7.1 support
Onboard LAN: Killer™ E2400
Networking: Killer™ Wireless AC 1535 Dual Band +BT (*Killer Doubleshot Pro enabled)
SuperSpeed USB 3.1: SuperSpeed USB 3.1
SuperSpeed+ USB 3.1 Type-C: USB 3.1 Type-C
Media Card Reader: Media Card Reader
Finger Print Reader: Integrated Biometric Area Fingerprint Reader
Integrated Camera: Built-in 2.0M FHD Video Camera
Warranty: Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & 45 Day Shipping Warranty
ORIGIN Recovery: ORIGIN Recovery USB3.0 Flash Drive
No Dead Pixel Guarantee: 45 Day No Dead Pixel Guarantee Free
ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process: ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
Free ORIGIN PC Peripheral: ORIGIN PC Mousepad
Free ORIGIN PC T-shirt: ORIGIN PC T-Shirt Extra Large
Notebook Coolers: Targus HD3 Gaming Chill Mat
Apps: Steam (The Ultimate Online Game Platform)
Apps: Discord
Web Browser: Google Chrome
Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox

In the "Optional questions or comments about your order" section, I put this:

"Please leave out the T-shirt. You only offer up to an XL. I wear a 3XL. The only way that shirt would work for me is if I wanted a midriff shirt. Given that I am a 6'0, 270 lb white dude with a bit of a potbelly and enough body hair to be able to perform as Chewbacca's stunt double... well, I'll just leave you guys with that mental image.

Seriously, no shirt please. And sweet dreams."

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #46223 on: April 20, 2018, 02:14:53 AM »

You know Jev, you could have gotten a women's large and sent it to me.....

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #46224 on: April 20, 2018, 02:22:16 AM »

You know Jev, you could have gotten a women's large and sent it to me.....

Well, 1) I didn't know you wanted one, and 2) the site does not have gender-specific sizes for the freebies. Can't guarantee that a large would be a women's large.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #46225 on: April 20, 2018, 03:20:05 AM »

I love all of you oddballs, wierdos, and strangers.

Even you Logos.  Grin

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #46226 on: April 20, 2018, 05:49:07 AM »

Well, 1) I didn't know you wanted one, and 2) the site does not have gender-specific sizes for the freebies. Can't guarantee that a large would be a women's large.

That generally means they just use "unisex" (which are still men's) sizes. So a medium would do in that case. And you're supposed to know these things, duh.

(Sig by me!)

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #46227 on: April 20, 2018, 10:26:55 AM »

I love all of you oddballs, wierdos, and strangers.

Even you Logos.  Grin
D'awww

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #46228 on: April 20, 2018, 12:17:46 PM »

The only thing I have genuinely liked since the original trilogy is the clone wars animated series and rebels. Some of the others have been good rides but just don't have the emotional feel of the originals. I think part of it is that everything is too extreme in the new movies. And it is all action all the time there are not really the slow contemplative moments of the originals. And strangely I liked Rose and Finn, her whole hero worship/infatuation was one of the few things that did not feel contrived or forced. Well that is my opinion. I have found those you blokes have put forward interesting.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #46229 on: April 20, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »

LOL - you're so descriptive Jev.  Love it. Smiley

Way to go on the new machine.

You could have used the shirt as a buff.  Roll Eyes

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 3080 3081 [3082] 3083 3084 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: