Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3081 3082 [3083] 3084 3085 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880549 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #46230 on: April 20, 2018, 12:41:16 PM »

I know we're not to mention other companies, but there's been a big stink on the net lately from one of the newer saber companies seem to have tried stealing blade designs from a popular blade maker. long story short, I know it's not the 1st time this happens in the market but I do think the company does lose face trying a stunt on this level.
again, names not mentioned but most of us know who's who.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46231 on: April 20, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »

Jebus.. I choked on my water.
@ Illy,

Apparently you have risen to join me in the ranks of "choking hazard". Grin

that opinions are.. well you know the saying about every one having one,
And no one wants to hear anyone else's.

I hate the new movies * leaves it at that*  but I like Rey.  She is a good role model for young girls, Sassy, powerful, with a bit of snark and not willing to give into any one of sacrifice what she believes in or how she feels.  Like I mentioned before as long as everyone respects each other I have no issues with who likes what.
My issue with Rey is the contradiction. No one that grows up in those conditions, fending for themselves, ends up giving 2 spits about anyone or anything else. In the real world (of a fictional universe) she'd have beaten Tedo's ass, took the droid, and sold him at the drop of a hat, unless she had a better use. She had all the makings of a second Darth Bane.

Is she perfect, no she has glaring flaws but I find more to like than not.
Not looking for an argument, but I am curious as to what you classify as "glaring flaws".

Maybe I missed out on this on another thread but glad it has been brought up.  I watched TLJ in the movie theater (by myself) and kept looking around as if to see if anyone was as disturbed by what was going on as me but no, everyone around me was into it and laughing.  Felt like I had entered the twilight zone.  Went home complained to anybody that would listen to me.  Went online saw some similar reactions to mine and felt somewhat sane again but also saw some people say it gets better the second time.  So rented and watched blu ray with the parents, it was funny to see them react similarly to me, hear my 78 yr old dad bemoan what they had done to the Luke character and rant on how the original trilogies were better than anything since.  Listened to my 81 yr old mom, complain about Rey's origin, Snoke's death, and how ridiculous the Rose and Finn side story was.  And thought yep these are my parents no doubt about it and beamed with pride.
Honestly, this was the only high point of the movie, and the only thing that remotely came close to making sense.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the audience reaction: absolute silence.

I love all of you oddballs, wierdos, and strangers.

Even you Logos.  Grin
I'm not unlovable.......I'm just an acquired taste. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #46232 on: April 20, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »

LOL - you're so descriptive Jev.  Love it. Smiley

Way to go on the new machine.

Thanks! The only thing left now is the waiting for the inevitable reporting of that post.

So is arsenic.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #46233 on: April 20, 2018, 04:22:11 PM »

And I thoroughly enjoyed the audience reaction: absolute silence.

I <3 Chu  Cheesy

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46234 on: April 20, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »

So is arsenic.
Your point?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #46235 on: April 20, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »

Your point?

1,502°F

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46236 on: April 20, 2018, 07:57:27 PM »

1,502°F
I prefer Rankine, thank you.

Sig by For Tyeth

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #46237 on: April 21, 2018, 12:30:15 AM »

I have been called "Abrasive", "Blunt", "a F*****g jerk", "Stubborn", and "a misanthropic malcontent". But never an acquired taste.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #46238 on: April 21, 2018, 12:35:32 AM »

Logos, agreed but I don't understand why she kept that quiet or why that was never done before.  Seems like good way to destroy a death star too but maybe I am just overthinking and should have a few beers before watching for the third time...you know like something that smells and you just have to go back and smell it again to confirm.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #46239 on: April 21, 2018, 12:39:02 AM »

Didn't feel like posting a whole new thread to ask this, but it is pretty random so I figured why not here?

Does anybody out there know the history of the Covertec clip, basically the entire Covertec system as a whole? In my exhausting Google searches I've found that it appears "Covertec" is a company name, but haven't been able to locate it. I've also found out that it at least appears that the Covertec system exists in the real world as a way of holding phones and such from your belt and within easy reach but I can't tell if this was pre-Star Wars or not. I'm under the impression they started using them in the Prequel trilogy but even then I'm not sure. Care to help a confused Padawan out if you know?  Grin

Logos, agreed but I don't understand why she kept that quiet or why that was never done before.  Seems like good way to destroy a death star too but maybe I am just overthinking and should have a few beers before watching for the third time...you know like something that smells and you just have for go back and smell it again to confirm.

Oh yeah, the whole "hyperspace missile" was another great "does it break Star Wars?" debate. I think it did, but it is amusing to watch or read people try to defend that it doesn't, considering the massive amount of power displayed.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46240 on: April 21, 2018, 12:52:05 AM »

Didn't feel like posting a whole new thread to ask this, but it is pretty random so I figured why not here?

Does anybody out there know the history of the Covertec clip, basically the entire Covertec system as a whole? In my exhausting Google searches I've found that it appears "Covertec" is a company name, but haven't been able to locate it. I've also found out that it at least appears that the Covertec system exists in the real world as a way of holding phones and such from your belt and within easy reach but I can't tell if this was pre-Star Wars or not. I'm under the impression they started using them in the Prequel trilogy but even then I'm not sure. Care to help a confused Padawan out if you know?  Grin

Oh yeah, the whole "hyperspace missile" was another great "does it break Star Wars?" debate. I think it did, but it is amusing to watch or read people try to defend that it doesn't, considering the massive amount of power displayed.

I do believe the covertec was used for cell phones first then Lucas utilized it for the sabers in the prequels.  Much like the Jedi Communicator was a Razor.  I had no issue with using the ship as a missile...Just that it was Holdo...really I just had a problem with Holdo.  It would have been a great way for Leia or even Ackbar to go out.

I know we're not to mention other companies, but there's been a big stink on the net lately from one of the newer saber companies seem to have tried stealing blade designs from a popular blade maker. long story short, I know it's not the 1st time this happens in the market but I do think the company does lose face trying a stunt on this level.
again, names not mentioned but most of us know who's who.

Apparently there was an amicable resolution

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #46241 on: April 21, 2018, 02:08:46 AM »

Apparently there was an amicable resolution

Interesting cause the rant I saw yesterday made me think otherwise, let me go check out the latest gossip.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #46242 on: April 21, 2018, 03:48:22 AM »

Interesting cause the rant I saw yesterday made me think otherwise, let me go check out the latest gossip.

it seems it was only just announced

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #46243 on: April 21, 2018, 04:09:38 AM »

I think the resolution was if they were sold a copyright lawsuit would have followed and the saber company is underplaying it. everything was pulled from their page even.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #46244 on: April 21, 2018, 04:21:12 AM »

I think the resolution was if they were sold a copyright lawsuit would have followed and the saber company is underplaying it. everything was pulled from their page even.

Apparently they are redesigning

Pages: 1 ... 3081 3082 [3083] 3084 3085 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: