Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895977 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #46920 on: June 19, 2018, 09:50:39 PM »

- Paid Lunch?  Since when?

No paid lunch??? Deal breaker right there.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #46921 on: June 19, 2018, 10:02:16 PM »

Tell that to the Judge on your return form to them.   Excuse for not coming:  No Paid lunch.      

Judges reply:  Free lunch in county when I hold you in contempt.......see you monday

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #46922 on: June 20, 2018, 12:13:43 AM »

Missouri has one of the lowest paid Jury rates in the country... $7.00 per day.  It has not been increased since 1957.
And then you have to pay $5.25 for parking for the day... so you make $1.75 for Jury Duty... assuming you don't need anything from the vending machines... but the cheapest item in them is $2.00
so now you're -$.25... and there's no law that says work has to pay you, just they can't penalize you for missing days for Jury Duty...

It really does suck...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #46923 on: June 20, 2018, 12:57:37 AM »

Well if you tell them you are racist sexist and believe everyone who comes before a judge is obviously guilty they should excuse you.  Grin

Jon Solo
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

I would like to be neutral in my points please.

« Reply #46924 on: June 20, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »

I hate to break it to ya but I’ve served jury duty in Houston.....not fun and costs to do it with parking

Avatar supplied by the great DarthScrub

Current Sabers:
Dark Sentinel v4 - Adegan Silver
Dominix LE V4 - Arctic Blue
Consular (the professor) - emerald driver with obsidian sound v4

Wishlist:
Consular (achieved)
Guardian
Lost Gray
Fulcrum
Crimson Reaper

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #46925 on: June 20, 2018, 02:38:28 AM »

I hope the next time I get called is before my legal name change... showing up in a dress and giving my birth name is probably a great way to ensure I do not get selected... Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------------

I have an idea for a story that'll be a huge epic. A bit LOTR, a bit SW, and a bit Supernatural set in a world much like 1860's America/Europe. I'm brainstorming, but big war(with muskets!), evil Dark Lord, Princess who's a general and supernatural being.... yeah I'll have to let you guys read this.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #46926 on: June 20, 2018, 02:52:06 AM »

Well if you tell them you are racist sexist and believe everyone who comes before a judge is obviously guilty they should excuse you.  Grin
Well of course they are guilty. It would be wrong to put the innocent on trial.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #46927 on: June 20, 2018, 03:19:42 AM »

Well if you tell them you are racist sexist and believe everyone who comes before a judge is obviously guilty they should excuse you.  Grin

Doesn't work lol.  the attorneys pick people who will help their case.    But ah Jury trials. The Idea that a persons  freedom is base on 12 people not smart enough to get out of Jury Duty.  

Hmm to get a new saber, i have got one in years, or a hand made bokuto from Japan?

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #46928 on: June 20, 2018, 06:53:05 AM »

That's basically about it. they will try to intimidate you. You just have to out crazy what they think is crazy. Id have to get political to make it clear but yeah... that is the gist of it. Wink

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #46929 on: June 20, 2018, 10:51:36 AM »

Missouri has one of the lowest paid Jury rates in the country... $7.00 per day.  It has not been increased since 1957.
And then you have to pay $5.25 for parking for the day... so you make $1.75 for Jury Duty... assuming you don't need anything from the vending machines... but the cheapest item in them is $2.00
so now you're -$.25... and there's no law that says work has to pay you, just they can't penalize you for missing days for Jury Duty...

It really does suck...
Harris County (where Ultra is) it is only $6 a day. And if you can find parking down town for cheaper then that your ride is probably getting broken into.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46930 on: June 20, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »

If you ever want to know how to get out of jury duty for ever, PM me. I havn't been asked to participate in over 15 years.
This is my first time in 19 years.

In other news, I got to hear Chris Pratt's MTV Movie Awards speech last night. WOW! Can't post for reasons, but that man has balls to say what he said. Big balls. And I love him even more for it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #46931 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:53 PM »

In other news, I got to hear Chris Pratt's MTV Movie Awards speech last night. WOW! Can't post for reasons, but that man has balls to say what he said. Big balls. And I love him even more for it.

7. "If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed because you're gonna stink up the bathroom, do what I do: lock the door, sit down, get all the pee out first. Okay? And then, once all the pee's done, poop, flush, boom. You minimise the amount of time the poop is touching the air, because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you're peeing on top of it, stirring it up, the poop particles create a cloud, it goes out and then everyone in the party'll know that you pooped. Just trust me, it's science."

(Sig by me!)

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #46932 on: June 20, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »

7. "If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed because you're gonna stink up the bathroom, do what I do: lock the door, sit down, get all the pee out first. Okay? And then, once all the pee's done, poop, flush, boom. You minimise the amount of time the poop is touching the air, because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you're peeing on top of it, stirring it up, the poop particles create a cloud, it goes out and then everyone in the party'll know that you pooped. Just trust me, it's science."

Thanks for doing the scientific research so we don't have to. Smiley

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46933 on: June 20, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »

Agreed.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #46934 on: June 20, 2018, 07:51:25 PM »

Thanks for doing the scientific research so we don't have to. Smiley

Don't thank me, thank Chris Pratt. Cheesy

Also:

4. "When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger, they won't even know they're eating medicine."

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: