Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3153 3154 [3155] 3156 3157 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895550 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #47310 on: July 22, 2018, 11:25:08 PM »

Yeah we have everything frizz mentioned and more like tarantulas and scorpions. We had a fun of water moccasins and cotton mouths growing up because we had a bayou behind our house. Any time you was getting ready to do yard with the first thing you did was look for snakes. We always used a shovel to take heads off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #47311 on: July 22, 2018, 11:34:20 PM »

on the subject of snakes...before I leave Florida I do want to go hunt python

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47312 on: July 23, 2018, 12:04:22 AM »

c

0_0

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #47313 on: July 23, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »

Florida also wants you to hunt pythons!

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #47314 on: July 23, 2018, 07:51:12 AM »

Don't hesitate to kill every capybara you encounter as well. It's nice to see citizens doing their civic duty. /salute

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47315 on: July 23, 2018, 12:34:54 PM »

Florida also wants you to hunt pythons!

Don't hesitate to kill every capybara you encounter as well. It's nice to see citizens doing their civic duty. /salute

I take it that they are pests or there's a ton of them around?

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #47316 on: July 23, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »

Please go kill all the pythons. And the iguanas, and the capybara, and the nutria, and the wild pigs...

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47317 on: July 23, 2018, 06:47:18 AM »

Ben-Hur - Original, just doesn't hold my interest (never saw the remake, no desire to)
The 10 Commandments - I think it's a good film, just been beaten to death every year at Easter.
I'm very curious as to why the Ten Commandments would be run at Easter, considering that Ben-Hur actually depicts the Crucifixion.

I f*****g hate them, I've had to kill about a dozen of them over the past two or three years. this one got the good old rag treatment.
Rag treatment?

You drop a shop rag on its head, step on it (specifically its head), grab right behind the head and the tail, and the rest depends on your sensibilities.

I kill them. Wrap the head in duck tape, hold it tight, and remove the head with a pocket knife.
Never mind

We have Copperheads, Cottonmouths, Eastern Diamondbacks, Black widows, and Brown recluses.
Sounds like desert area.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #47318 on: July 23, 2018, 01:56:36 PM »

Sounds like desert area.
Not necessarily, cottonmouths like swamp, copperheads will live anywhere from swamps to rocky areas. Diamondbacks aren't really this high north but we do have the Timber and Eastern Massasauga. I picked up a juvie Mass once... pretty lil bugger

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #47319 on: July 23, 2018, 05:00:12 PM »

I'm very curious as to why the Ten Commandments would be run at Easter, considering that Ben-Hur actually depicts the Crucifixion.

ABC has aired it every year at Easter during my whole life that I can recall...
Wiki confirms this-
"Television broadcast

With the exception of 1999, The Ten Commandments has been broadcast annually on the ABC network since 1973, traditionally during the Passover and Easter holidays. Since 2006 the network has typically aired The Ten Commandments on the Saturday night prior to Easter, with the broadcast starting at 7:00 p.m. in the Eastern and Pacific Time Zones and 6:00 p.m. Central and Mountain. The film is the only pre-scheduled ABC Saturday Movie of the Week of the year.

Unlike many lengthy films of the day, which were usually broken up into separate airings over at least two nights, ABC elected to show The Ten Commandments in one night and has done so every year it has carried the film, with one exception; in 1997, ABC elected to split the movie in two and aired half of it in its normal Easter Sunday slot, which that year was March 30, with the second half airing on Monday, March 31 as counterprogramming to the other networks' offerings, which included CBS' coverage of the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game.

The length of the film combined with the necessary advertisement breaks has caused its broadcast window to vary over the years, and today, ABC's total run time for The Ten Commandments stands at four hours and forty-four minutes. This requires the network to overrun into the 11:00 pm (10:00 pm CT/MT) timeslot that belongs to the local affiliates, thus delaying their late local news and any other programming the station may air in the overnight hours (with some stations forgoing a late newscast entirely and giving personnel the evening off). When the film has aired on Easter Sunday, affiliates are given the ability to tape delay the showing an hour ahead to 8 p.m. ET/PT to keep their schedules in line for early evening, though at the cost of delaying their local newscasts to 12:45 a.m. (11:45 p.m. CT/MT).

In 2010, the film was broadcast in high definition for the first time, which allowed the television audience to see it in its original VistaVision aspect ratio. In 2015, for the first time in several years, the network undertook a one-off airing of the film on Easter Sunday night, which fell on April 5."

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #47320 on: July 23, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »

Because it involves Passover, which is around the same time as Easter.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #47321 on: July 23, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »

Because it involves Passover, which is around the same time as Easter.

Exactly.   To bad they get so many of the story details wrong...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47322 on: July 23, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »

I don't think they even care if it's correct at this point.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #47323 on: July 23, 2018, 06:29:02 PM »

I don't think they even care if it's correct at this point.

"That" Point..the film is 62 years old Tongue     Fun Fact:  It is actually a Remake.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47324 on: July 23, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »

I can't envision Chuck Heston with a mush-mouthed stutter. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 3153 3154 [3155] 3156 3157 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: