Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3164 3165 [3166] 3167 3168 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880359 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #47475 on: August 08, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »

My daughter just noticed that right now on ESPN 2 there are having lightsaber battles. Just thought that was kind of cool.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #47476 on: August 08, 2018, 06:46:41 PM »

My daughter just noticed that right now on ESPN 2 there are having lightsaber battles. Just thought that was kind of cool.
Saber Legion is on, I'm watching it too  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47477 on: August 08, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »

Thanks to L.A.K. for pointing this out to me in another thread. Smiley
Thank you for posting about it here too tx. -1 Everyone needs to know.
All that armor and no intentional chest thrusts though? I'll have to look up the official rules.
This is so cool!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47478 on: August 08, 2018, 11:58:45 PM »

Wished they lived streamed it on YT

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #47479 on: August 09, 2018, 04:58:33 AM »

Hey everyone.  Just sayin' hi, and that it's finally raining here...lol  Hooray!

Hey there, Rapine!  Nice! Rain would be good right about now.  What's the temp where you're at, Rapine?

You can have some of ours, we're flooding in spots, since we get dumped on just about every day.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #47480 on: August 09, 2018, 10:25:01 AM »

Thanks to L.A.K. for pointing this out to me in another thread. Smiley
Thank you for posting about it here too tx. -1 Everyone needs to know.
All that armor and no intentional chest thrusts though? I'll have to look up the official rules.
This is so cool!

Its cool and fun to watch...but to anyone here thinking about joining, (and this is my personal experience so it could and can very well be not group wide) they have a huge bias against Ultrasabers.  Again, this is all anecdotal.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47481 on: August 09, 2018, 01:01:52 PM »

You can have some of ours, we're flooding in spots, since we get dumped on just about every day.

Funny you should say that, TJ.  Ran into some rain on the way to work this morning and it's supposed to rain for the next week or two.  So it appears that I may have inherited your rain, if so, you are a powerful Jedi, indeed!

Its cool and fun to watch...but to anyone here thinking about joining, (and this is my personal experience so it could and can very well be not group wide) they have a huge bias against Ultrasabers.  Again, this is all anecdotal.

Good to know DT, I've joined their group and I have to admit that there is a huge bias against Ultrasabers, I believe that they recommend three other guys on their main site but the FB groups are pretty prejudice and hateful on anything regarding US.  I've met a handful who love US as well but they're just a handful out of over 6k. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47482 on: August 09, 2018, 01:09:03 PM »

I got a glimpse of it. To me, it just looked like kendo with light sabers. In my mind, what makes a great saber duel is awesome choreography. Not just "I touched you with my blade."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #47483 on: August 09, 2018, 01:25:50 PM »

Funny you should say that, TJ.  Ran into some rain on the way to work this morning and it's supposed to rain for the next week or two.  So it appears that I may have inherited your rain, if so, you are a powerful Jedi, indeed!

Good to know DT, I've joined their group and I have to admit that there is a huge bias against Ultrasabers, I believe that they recommend three other guys on their main site but the FB groups are pretty prejudice and hateful on anything regarding US.  I've met a handful who love US as well but they're just a handful out of over 6k.  

The owner of one of the "other guys" has a huge presence in the Saber Legion and he is not, shall we say, a pleasant individual.

I got a glimpse of it. To me, it just looked like kendo with light sabers. In my mind, what makes a great saber duel is awesome choreography. Not just "I touched you with my blade."

That's pretty much what it is.  Some of the guys are sport fencers but mostly they seem to be Kendo.  I like the idea of basically having an actual dueling competition  , just with lightsabers.   But I would like it mixed with Role Play, sort of like Star Wars S.C.A.  

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #47484 on: August 09, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »

Funny you should say that, TJ.  Ran into some rain on the way to work this morning and it's supposed to rain for the next week or two.  So it appears that I may have inherited your rain, if so, you are a powerful Jedi, indeed!

Good to know DT, I've joined their group and I have to admit that there is a huge bias against Ultrasabers, I believe that they recommend three other guys on their main site but the FB groups are pretty prejudice and hateful on anything regarding US.  I've met a handful who love US as well but they're just a handful out of over 6k. 
Looks like maybe they are sour at US because they didn't/haven't/refused to sponsor them.
Then that is just choreography, which is great to watch, but not dueling.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #47485 on: August 09, 2018, 02:12:23 PM »

Looks like maybe they are sour at US because they didn't/haven't/refused to sponsor them. Then that is just choreography, which is great to watch, but not dueling.

To be fair, I never saw the higher ups bashing US...only members.  But yea after a debacle on the facebook page last year I left it.  I had the urge to start a different group.  One that had both dueling and chorography as separate events...but ya know. You need people, money etc.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47486 on: August 09, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »

The owner of one of the "other guys" has a huge presence in the Saber Legion and he is not, shall we say, a pleasant individual.

I happened to be on that particular "other guys" Facebook page and he isn't pleasant around customers.  When someone is asking about an issue, they get banned and the posts are removed.  The members there are hateful towards US until they experience the owner's customer service and then leave the page or get kicked off to go buy sabers elsewhere.  I don't post or comment on that page, more of an entertainment page for me.

To be fair, I never saw the higher ups bashing US...only members.  But yea after a debacle on the facebook page last year I left it.  I had the urge to start a different group.  One that had both dueling and chorography as separate events...but ya know. You need people, money etc.

I'm considering on leaving the group myself.

Looks like maybe they are sour at US because they didn't/haven't/refused to sponsor them. 

It's possible, I've seen a few duelists with US products thought, not many but quite a few. 

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #47487 on: August 09, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »

I have to agree with Logos after watching multiple bouts over a few years that it appears to be more like competitive Kendo.  If you want a sparring style that generally is more dynamic and athletic... then Ludo Sport competitions would be more interesting and fun to watch.  There is a chapter of this International saber school in San Francisco.

Several companies have created a sleek made for combat saber.  This is one version used by The Saber Legion.  I cannot show more than the tsuba on this forum.  Smiley

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47488 on: August 09, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »

I have to agree with Logos after watching multiple bouts over a few years that it appears to be more like competitive Kendo.  If you want a sparring style that generally is more dynamic and athletic... then Ludo Sport competitions would be more interesting and fun to watch.  There is a chapter of this International saber school in San Francisco.

I agree with you and Logos. I was exited just to see lightsaber battles on TV, but It was kind of disappointing. Kendo is awesome, but just adding lightsabers isn't good enough. I was much more impressed with what I've seen of Ludo Sport.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47489 on: August 09, 2018, 05:24:21 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 3164 3165 [3166] 3167 3168 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: