Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3168 3169 [3170] 3171 3172 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4900779 times)
BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #47535 on: August 13, 2018, 09:44:07 AM »

I randomly walked about 8.2 miles today.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #47536 on: August 13, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »

I randomly walked about 8.2 miles today.

Why??  Shocked

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47537 on: August 13, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »

Why??  Shocked

I run about 10 miles a week

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47538 on: August 13, 2018, 05:39:26 PM »

Why??  Shocked

Seriously. What's wrong with you BatMike?

That's pretty good IO1. BatMike once walked almost that much in one day.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #47539 on: August 13, 2018, 06:07:19 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmwxaBjFGM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmwxaBjFGM</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47540 on: August 13, 2018, 06:12:33 PM »

That's pretty good IO1. BatMike once walked almost that much in one day.

Fitness reasons for me.  I wondered why he did so...Just because?

This made me laugh out loud at work, I'm not sure what the backwards hop was meant to mimic but it was hilarious along with the song that was made.  Have a point

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47541 on: August 13, 2018, 06:25:35 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Thanks for that Ultra! Schmoyoho is the truth!!!
I can't tell you how many times these guys have turned my frown upside down. And I needed it bad today. Smiley
+1

Fitness reasons for me.  I wondered why he did so...Just because?

Well, he is The BatMike. He has to stay in mad crazy shape to protect us from psychos. Thank's BatMike. Because of you we can all sleep better at night. Smiley

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #47542 on: August 13, 2018, 06:58:26 PM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20553.msg317265#msg317265

... and scroll down one picture.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47543 on: August 13, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »

Did not know that the SI had blue and red.  I love the Dark Prophecy!  Point.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47544 on: August 13, 2018, 08:27:20 PM »

Black Panther was a representation film.  Directed by an African-American, starring a cast of largely African descent, showcasing African cultures.

We had Blade, featuring an African-American star, but Wesley Snipes was largely the only character of color for the majority of the films, and we have Falcon, but Falcon is the only person of color in his film debut and is second fiddle to Cap in his first outing.  In Animation, we've had John Stewart in the DCAU.  In Star Wars, we had Lando for the longest time (now Finn, Poe, Rose are other people of color are also present).  Black Panther is a major motion picture with a huge budget.  On TV, I would say DC and Marvel have done well, with Black Lightning and Luke Cage, respectively.  Arguably, Star Wars' rival, Star Trek, has done the BEST in sci-fi in terms of representation of actors of various ethnicities throughout its run.

Representation in popular media is a HUGE thing.  Similar to how we have gotten more and more queer figures in media, and moved away from previous stereotypes, Black Panther opens the gates for more films to break traditional borders.

From that perspective, I would argue it is not overrated.

Excuse me. You seem to be forgetting a major player in 2 of these large franchises.

I don't know that I would say hereditary - the 5 clans have a ritual opportunity for challenge as the film presents it.

Even though mantel of king and Black Panther automatically passes from father to son? Don't think it gets more hereditary than that.

And I might argue that it is better for two people to duel than to embroil a country in a civil war (even though the latter does ultimately occur).

Um..... Roll Eyes Isn't that exactly what happened?

I'm a Caucasian American male - I am the textbook definition of privileged, and my worldview is routinely catered to in media.  But, in honesty, I like to see media from other cultures and worldviews - they inspire me, prompt me to learn.  I've gotten to see films from all over the world, talking about things like European Imperialism in Africa (Camp de Thiaroye, for those interested) among others.

Then you may speak for yourself. Everything I have was worked hard for, either by myself or by someone that gifted it to me. My ethnicity has afforded me nothing.

The week I counseled camp, I covered just over 40mi. And that was only distance in which I was carrying my phone.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47545 on: August 13, 2018, 08:33:51 PM »

Excuse me. You seem to be forgetting a major player in 2 of these large franchises.

Even though mantel of king and Black Panther automatically passes from father to son? Don't think it gets more hereditary than that.
Um..... Roll Eyes Isn't that exactly what happened?
Then you may speak for yourself. Everything I have was worked hard for, either by myself or by someone that gifted it to me. My ethnicity has afforded me nothing.
The week I counseled camp, I covered just over 40mi. And that was only distance in which I was carrying my phone.

Before I judge, what is your ethnicity if you don't mind me asking?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #47546 on: August 13, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Thanks for that Ultra! Schmoyoho is the truth!!!
I can't tell you how many times these guys have turned my frown upside down. And I needed it bad today. Smiley
+1

Here's my favorite one...  Backin Up Song  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYSERaXEGI

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47547 on: August 13, 2018, 08:55:06 PM »

Before I judge, what is your ethnicity if you don't mind me asking?
For lack of better specifics, White.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #47548 on: August 13, 2018, 09:01:39 PM »

For lack of better specifics, White.

So in America, you believe your ethnicity afforded you nothing?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #47549 on: August 13, 2018, 09:09:39 PM »

So in America, you believe your ethnicity afforded you nothing?

Hi.  This discussion is entering that grey zone again and for everyone who is participating... please let's not inadvertently offend anyone.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3168 3169 [3170] 3171 3172 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: