Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3265 3266 [3267] 3268 3269 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4899283 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #48990 on: December 18, 2018, 08:37:10 AM »

I will soon play the Maschine...

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #48991 on: December 18, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »

Das MASCHINE?! I do that too!!! WOOT WOOT WOOO!!!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #48992 on: December 18, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #48993 on: December 18, 2018, 05:45:37 PM »

Who's excited for having an extended weekend?

What is this "extended weekend" you speak of?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #48994 on: December 18, 2018, 06:05:16 PM »

I dug this out of storage back in August and dusted off my Toccata and Fugue in Dm, The Eve of the War (Jeff Wayne) and Bohemian Rhapsody renditions!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #48995 on: December 18, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »

I dug this out of storage back in August and dusted off my Toccata and Fugue in Dm, The Eve of the War (Jeff Wayne) and Bohemian Rhapsody renditions!

That's awesome, Tyeth!!!! I'll have to post my set up one of these days

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #48996 on: December 18, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »

That's awesome, Tyeth!!!! I'll have to post my set up one of these days

Hi Infinit,

Yeah that's just my MIDI Controller keyboard I have hooked up to my laptop and I run softsynths (E-MU Proeus VX and a few Freeware synths). I also have a couple of 80's Keytars too. Good thing is that the keytars have MIDI too so I can still use them as controllers - perfect for playing Thunderstruck!

I guess you have Maschine, Traktor, and Native Instruments type setup for loop based sampling etc?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #48997 on: December 18, 2018, 12:27:39 PM »

Hi Infinit,

Yeah that's just my MIDI Controller keyboard I have hooked up to my laptop and I run softsynths (E-MU Proeus VX and a few Freeware synths). I also have a couple of 80's Keytars too. Good thing is that the keytars have MIDI too so I can still use them as controllers - perfect for playing Thunderstruck!

I guess you have Maschine, Traktor, and Native Instruments type setup for loop based sampling etc?

I have Traktor already and the Mashine is incoming.  My Midi controller is connected to Serato DJ though

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #48998 on: December 18, 2018, 12:36:42 PM »

I have Traktor already and the Mashine is incoming.  My Midi controller is connected to Serato DJ though

Ah ok, I'm old school and use a DAW called Cakewalk that came bundled with my MIDI Controller. I play and record all my own backings then play live over the top and trigger a few samples or FX that can't be physically played from the trigger pads.

I learnt Duel of Fates recently but need a good choral sound for it,

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #48999 on: December 18, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »

Ah ok, I'm old school and use a DAW called Cakewalk that came bundled with my MIDI Controller. I play and record all my own backings then play live over the top and trigger a few samples or FX that can't be physically played from the trigger pads.

I learnt Duel of Fates recently but need a good choral sound for it,

I used to use Cakewalk. Is it just me or were older DAW's around the the late 90's -early 00's just more user friendly?
You mentioned E-mu, the company that made some off the best synths of the 80's and the most iconic drum machine/sampler of all time the SP-1200.
Fun fact: E-mu's headquarters used to be about 10 minutes away from where I live. My friends had dumpster dived for parts and built several SP-1200's. I was too late.  

I have Traktor already and the Mashine is incoming.  My Midi controller is connected to Serato DJ though

When did you get TRAKTOR? I thought you only had Serato. You know you can use MASCHINE to control TRAKTOR right?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49000 on: December 18, 2018, 09:31:30 PM »

I used to use Cakewalk. Is it just me or were older DAW's around the the late 90's -early 00's just more user friendly?
You mentioned E-mu, the company that made some off the best synths of the 80's and the most iconic drum machine/sampler of all time the SP-1200.
Fun fact: E-mu's headquarters used to be about 10 minutes away from where I live. My friends had dumpster dived for parts and built several SP-1200's. I was too late.  

When did you get TRAKTOR? I thought you only had Serato. You know you can use MASCHINE to control TRAKTOR right?

I had Traktor for years now man.  There’s a configuration that was designed to use the Numark NS6 and NS7 with Traktor instead of Serato Itch which was pre- Serato DJ

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #49001 on: December 18, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »

Hi Silenoz, I think the "older" software and kit made you feel more connected with what you were doing, a lot of the new tech is automated and works at the touch of a button. Back in the old days you had to program stuff but when it worked you got much more satisfaction. Mind you I am from the Cubase/Steinberg era too.

I got a software pack with my MIDI Controller and it had Sonar made by Cakewalk along with two softsynths, Rapture and Dimension but E-MU's Proteus VX is awesome for a freeware download. Great for sequenced stuff and still playable live...and the added benefit is it has the ability to play patches and banks from those classics you mention. (I do have to mention Akai samplers were quite nice too.)

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #49002 on: December 18, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »

Hi Silenoz, I think the "older" software and kit made you feel more connected with what you were doing, a lot of the new tech is automated and works at the touch of a button. Back in the old days you had to program stuff but when it worked you got much more satisfaction. Mind you I am from the Cubase/Steinberg era too.

I got a software pack with my MIDI Controller and it had Sonar made by Cakewalk along with two softsynths, Rapture and Dimension but E-MU's Proteus VX is awesome for a freeware download. Great for sequenced stuff and still playable live...and the added benefit is it has the ability to play patches and banks from those classics you mention. (I do have to mention Akai samplers were quite nice too.)

Exactly! They felt more like old four track tape recorders. The workflow just seemed more organic. And Akai is also still a great company (MPC-2000, MPC-60 etc.). I plan on getting an Akai MPK Mini MKII midi keyboard to use with my MASCHINE synth packs and MASSIVE (I love Native Instruments). And I would like to get a dedicated virtual Moog again.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #49003 on: December 18, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »

Exactly! They felt more like old four track tape recorders. The workflow just seemed more organic. And I would like to get a dedicated virtual Moog again.

Haha! You're right I used Tascam 4-Tracks, next you'll be telling me how you used to "bounce" Tracks 1 and 2 down onto Track 3 right?

I'd better not tell you I also used to have a Minimoog Model D, Roland W30 Sampling Workstation and an Alpha Juno 1, Yamaha DX-100 and Korg M1 to play with too. Drums were from an old TR-909 and a Korg DDM-5.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #49004 on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:05 PM »

Haha! You're right I used Tascam 4-Tracks, next you'll be telling me how you used to "bounce" Tracks 1 and 2 down onto Track 3 right?

I'd better not tell you I also used to have a Minimoog Model D, Roland W30 Sampling Workstation and an Alpha Juno 1, Yamaha DX-100 and Korg M1 to play with too. Drums were from an old TR-909 and a Korg DDM-5.

HAHA! I did! I used a Tascam 424 and I would bounce tracks 1, 2 AND 3 down onto 4 and so on until there was nothing left. Essentially making it a 7 track, and creating piles of notes on what times to adjust levels since once you bounced it, there was no going back.

How do you not have all that awesome gear anymore? A Korg M1? A MiniMoog? A TR- 909?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Pages: 1 ... 3265 3266 [3267] 3268 3269 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: