Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3280 3281 [3282] 3283 3284 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895270 times)
Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #49215 on: January 12, 2019, 06:07:01 PM »

And we can dance.
Dances!
Ah we can go when we want to the night is young and so am i
And we can dress real neat from our hats to our feet
And surprise 'em with the victory cry
I say we can act if want to if we don't nobody will
And you can act real rude and totally removed
And i can act like an imbecile
You did it alone
You did it for fun
You did it for everyone who's on the run
You're not just a friend
You'll be born again
We'll be in this race until the very end
He lives on the phone
He cheats on his clone
You'll never believe me 'til you're on your own

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #49216 on: January 12, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »

You did it alone
You did it for fun
You did it for everyone who's on the run
You're not just a friend
You'll be born again
We'll be in this race until the very end
He lives on the phone
He cheats on his clone
You'll never believe me 'til you're on your own

That's a different song entirely.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #49217 on: January 13, 2019, 02:53:08 AM »

I suspect that dehumanizing your opponent means you've truly lost the argument. Categorization make dismissal easy. Yet, they remain a person worthy of consideration even if wrong. Think about that when you label someone. If you're so right, why do you have to call someone a name?

Be it a curse word in anger or a political label in a disagreement, it's an expression of how one limits another in one's view. And limiting them allows us to disregard them while keeping us feeling superior verses them. But, in truth, we've become less humane by dehumanizing them.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #49218 on: January 13, 2019, 06:52:25 AM »

I may have an interest in a new group chapter in Maine. let's see what else comes of 2019.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49219 on: January 13, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »

I suspect that dehumanizing your opponent means you've truly lost the argument. Categorization make dismissal easy. Yet, they remain a person worthy of consideration even if wrong. Think about that when you label someone. If you're so right, why do you have to call someone a name?

Be it a curse word in anger or a political label in a disagreement, it's an expression of how one limits another in one's view. And limiting them allows us to disregard them while keeping us feeling superior verses them. But, in truth, we've become less humane by dehumanizing them.

Exactly. I stopped being friends with someone who mistaken something on his end in which he started cursing at me and calling me names rather than trying to figure out what he mistook.  The funny thing is that he's quite older than I am but carried himself in a juvenile way and although I was upset that he behaved and treated me that way, I was firm and direct until he called and started screaming.  Maybe it was a reaction he wanted or maybe it was just how he is.

Some people think that when they curse at you or call you a name, you're suppose to feel hurt or something.  We're not in elementary (and this is how children pick up those bad habits and do it to others at a young age), there's a way to get your point across without doing so which ends in the aggressor being the lesser of the two in my opinion.

I may have an interest in a new group chapter in Maine. let's see what else comes of 2019.

Congrats bB. Keep us updated.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #49220 on: January 13, 2019, 12:27:33 PM »

Exactly. I stopped being friends with someone who mistaken something on his end in which he started cursing at me and calling me names rather than trying to figure out what he mistook.  The funny thing is that he's quite older than I am but carried himself in a juvenile way and although I was upset that he behaved and treated me that way, I was firm and direct until he called and started screaming.  Maybe it was a reaction he wanted or maybe it was just how he is.

Some people think that when they curse at you or call you a name, you're suppose to feel hurt or something.  We're not in elementary (and this is how children pick up those bad habits and do it to others at a young age), there's a way to get your point across without doing so which ends in the aggressor being the lesser of the two in my opinion.

Ah the old ad hominem fallacy. Gotta love it.

In my opinion, if you have to resort to name calling and personal attacks in a debate, you have lost the debate entirely.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #49221 on: January 14, 2019, 02:39:17 AM »

I've only done that once, but the guy was undebatable anyway. He was just trying to bate me into calling him names and I obliged because I was in a bad mood and didn't care.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #49222 on: January 14, 2019, 04:00:00 AM »

Congrats bB. Keep us updated.

There's little honor in winning a battle where the other side is unarmed - especially when it's a battle of wits.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #49223 on: January 14, 2019, 11:04:49 AM »

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49224 on: January 14, 2019, 01:46:00 PM »

Are you kidding, you take more pride in your humility than any one I know.  Grin
So true. People sing songs about how humble I am. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #49225 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:14 PM »

So true. People sing songs about how humble I am. Tongue

Like this one?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIpbYyR0OOI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49226 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:58 PM »

Like this one?

Sorry...

Fire wall is still a beotch. Can't view.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #49227 on: January 14, 2019, 08:39:57 AM »

So true. Angels in the sky sing songs about how humble I am. Tongue

Corrected

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #49228 on: January 14, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »

Corrected
Lololol

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #49229 on: January 14, 2019, 05:37:37 PM »

"THATCHED ROOF COTTA-GES!"

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 3280 3281 [3282] 3283 3284 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: