Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4895118 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #49230 on: January 14, 2019, 11:06:27 AM »

"THATCHED ROOF COTTA-GES!"

Not exactly thatched... but up Island we do have goats on a roof lol.  No kidding it's a big tourist draw for a small community.  Cheesy

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49231 on: January 14, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »

"THATCHED ROOF COTTA-GES!"
What are you smoking, and where can I get some?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #49232 on: January 14, 2019, 07:54:14 PM »

What are you smoking, and where can I get some?
Cross the border. Wink

Not exactly thatched... but up Island we do have goats on a roof lol.  No kidding it's a big tourist draw for a small community.  Cheesy

HA! Right on. Smiley  Where's that?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #49233 on: January 14, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »

Everyone plays with their boobs randomly, right?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #49234 on: January 14, 2019, 09:56:21 PM »

Everyone plays with their boobs randomly, right?
This falls into the “isn’t polite conversation in public” category. Kinda like saying “do guys play with their joysticks?” Yeah, I don’t wanna hear about it.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #49235 on: January 15, 2019, 06:23:47 AM »

Has anyone ever struck someone that doesn't even know what a saber is out of anger because they were being a holes?

I highly recommend it! Grin

I was just coming back from the store (with my saber in hand) and saw the dog that's been waking me up at 4:30am every day for 5 and a half months. I tried to talk to the guy holding it's leash, but he said it was his moms, who was inside. I told him nose to nose to go get her because I wanted to speak to her about her untrained dog (the guy holding the leash claimed the dog was untrainable Roll Eyes)
I hit him across the face with a 32" MG blade. Needles to say this freaked out the rest of his 8 or 9 family members that were standing around.
He let go of the leash and fell to his knees and begged "please just don't hit me again!".
Good times! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
This is disgusting.  

Please realize that this is the type of behaviour that gets sabers banned from cons and such.  Not to mention that there's nothing "civilized or elegant" about that action either.   Roll Eyes

DS can't read this reply, but others certainly can.  

I'd like to think that we're pretty lenient and liberal here, but I cannot and will not condone an action that provides amusement or enjoyment to one person (or a few), at the expense of somebody (or a few) else's feelings or basic enjoyment.

When one person puts him/herself above everyone else, and makes them feel inferior, it doesn't work.  No matter who it is.  It always - without fail - ends poorly.

Rapine out.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #49236 on: January 15, 2019, 07:22:30 AM »

Hey no goat pics, don't want my wife getting ideas. The goats are bad enough without climbing on the roof. ( and yes it is shallow enough to do that sort of thing)

And now I have to get my fire extinguisher recharged. Neighbors car caught on fire.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #49237 on: January 15, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »

This is disgusting.  

Please realize that this is the type of behaviour that gets sabers banned from cons and such.  Not to mention that there's nothing "civilized or elegant" about that action either.   Roll Eyes

I'd like to think that we're pretty lenient and liberal here, but I cannot and will not condone an action that provides amusement or enjoyment to one person (or a few), at the expense of somebody (or a few) else's feelings or basic enjoyment.

When one person puts him/herself above everyone else, and makes them feel inferior, it doesn't work.  No matter who it is.  It always - without fail - ends poorly.

Rapine out.

I agree with you on this, but if you look a few posts below this he does apologize and he said he was out of line and what he did was wrong.

I am in no way condoning his actions by this, just letting you know that he did apologize for what he did.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #49238 on: January 15, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »

I agree with you on this, but if you look a few posts below this he does apologize and he said he was out of line and what he did was wrong.

I am in no way condoning his actions by this, just letting you know that he did apologize for what he did.
I read that too.

Why say, or do that at all though?  Then brag about it?

"I'm sorry" felt a bit weak at that point. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49239 on: January 15, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »

I read that too.

Why say, or do that at all though?  Then brag about it?

"I'm sorry" felt a bit weak at that point. 
Similar to rage posting.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #49240 on: January 15, 2019, 08:25:23 AM »

Similar to rage posting.
Sorta...

Anyway, it's a month old, and I'm not trying to drag up an old issue, or stir the pot, but I can't help but wonder why that was never an issue at the time.

It was never brought to my attention at least...

I just try to get this place to run smoothly.  Some sects, cliques, factions, or what-have-you, will be happy with any given outcome, while others will not.  There's never "pleasing everyone", and if that makes me, or any other member of the VOLUNTARY "staff" on here unpopular, so be it. 

I'll just resume observing from the shadows, but have basically given up my personal enjoyment of this place to do so.  It's DEFINITELY not the forum I joined anymore.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49241 on: January 15, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »

Sorta...

Anyway, it's a month old, and I'm not trying to drag up an old issue, or stir the pot, but I can't help but wonder why that was never an issue at the time.

It was never brought to my attention at least...

I just try to get this place to run smoothly.  Some sects, cliques, factions, or what-have-you, will be happy with any given outcome, while others will not.  There's never "pleasing everyone", and if that makes me, or any other member of the VOLUNTARY "staff" on here unpopular, so be it. 

I'll just resume observing from the shadows, but have basically given up my personal enjoyment of this place to do so.  It's DEFINITELY not the forum I joined anymore.
I think the reason why this wasn't a bigger issue was a) he said his bit then stopped (albeit that it was in the wrong thread), b) he later apologized, and c) those that knew him well enough knew that he has social issues and that there are certain things that he doesn't immediately understand. If it had been my post I would have contacted a mod to strike it from the record.

No, this place is not the same place it was. But there are still some old faces that are trying to get it back to what it once was. But if too many vets leave, then no one will be here to get it back to that state.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #49242 on: January 15, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »

And not going to read through 10 pages, so anything interesting I missed?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49243 on: January 15, 2019, 07:56:26 PM »

Hey all, took a hiatus but I'm back.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #49244 on: January 15, 2019, 01:35:10 PM »

This is disgusting.  

Rapine out.

Honestly after reading the first line when it was posted I didn't read the rest of it. So I just read it for the first time after seeing what you had to say about it. I agree with what you say, and I think this is more likely a dream then real LOL. Big talk online, normally means the opposite in real life.

Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: