Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3282 3283 [3284] 3285 3286 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4893591 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #49245 on: January 15, 2019, 09:17:53 PM »

Sorta...

Anyway, it's a month old, and I'm not trying to drag up an old issue, or stir the pot, but I can't help but wonder why that was never an issue at the time.

It was never brought to my attention at least...

I just try to get this place to run smoothly.  Some sects, cliques, factions, or what-have-you, will be happy with any given outcome, while others will not.  There's never "pleasing everyone", and if that makes me, or any other member of the VOLUNTARY "staff" on here unpopular, so be it. 

I'll just resume observing from the shadows, but have basically given up my personal enjoyment of this place to do so.  It's DEFINITELY not the forum I joined anymore.

I take issue with it, but I tried to ignore him on principal. I didn't like a lot of things he said, tbh, so I just skipped over any post where he wasn't quoting me for a response.

I know he had some social issues that aren't his fault, and some of you liked him, but I quite frankly didn't. I got a very creepy and disturbing vibe off him. Also he tried asking me out over PM, which weirded me way the heck out.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #49246 on: January 16, 2019, 02:06:07 PM »

Anybody else do fencing or similar activities that can recommend a stretch or exercise for the rear ankle, I keep getting cramps after about 10 minutes on the outside of my trailing ankle. Figure I need to either stretch something in it or strengthen something just not sure how to go about doing that.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49247 on: January 16, 2019, 09:31:35 AM »

Anybody else do fencing or similar activities that can recommend a stretch or exercise for the rear ankle, I keep getting cramps after about 10 minutes on the outside of my trailing ankle. Figure I need to either stretch something in it or strengthen something just not sure how to go about doing that.

Hey Xamon. Try these:

Range-of-motion exercises
Range-of-motion exercises begin right after your injury. Try doing these exercises then putting ice on your ankle, up to 5 times a day. These are easy to do while you are at a desk or watching TV.

Try the following simple range-of-motion exercises:

Trace the alphabet with your toe, which encourages ankle movement in all directions. Trace the alphabet 1 to 3 times.
Sit in a chair with your foot flat on the floor. Slowly move your knee side to side while keeping your foot pressed flat. Continue for 2 to 3 minutes.
Towel curls. While sitting, place your foot on a towel on the floor and scrunch the towel toward you with your toes. Then, also using your toes, push the towel away from you. Make this exercise more challenging by placing a weighted object, such as a soup can, on the other end of the towel.

Stretching exercises
Start exercises to stretch your Achilles tendon as soon as you can do so without pain. The Achilles tendon connects the calf muscles on the back of the lower leg to the bone at the base of the heel. Try the towel stretch if you need to sit down, or try the calf stretch if you can stand.

Towel stretch. Sit with your leg straight in front of you. Place a rolled towel under the ball of your foot, holding the towel at both ends. Gently pull the towel toward you while keeping your knee straight. Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds, and repeat 2 to 4 times. In moderate to severe ankle sprains, it may be too painful at first to pull your toes far enough to feel a stretch in your calf. Use caution, and let pain be your guide.
Calf stretch. Stand facing a wall with your hands on the wall at about eye level. Put the leg you want to stretch about a step behind your other leg. Keeping your back heel on the floor, bend your front knee until you feel a stretch in the back leg. Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 2 to 4 times. Repeat the exercise with the back knee bent a little, still keeping your back heel on the floor. This will stretch a different part of the calf muscles.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

« Reply #49248 on: January 17, 2019, 06:40:00 AM »

Thanks infinit, I will give these a try. We do stretching and warm ups each session they just do not address the sideways movement of the ankle that is giving me the issue. Honestly I need to get more exercise in general.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49249 on: January 17, 2019, 04:01:16 PM »

Thanks infinit, I will give these a try. We do stretching and warm ups each session they just do not address the sideways movement of the ankle that is giving me the issue. Honestly I need to get more exercise in general.

You're welcome, Xamon.  Let me know if you need more exercises or have any questions.  Fitness is one of my addiction and expertise

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49250 on: January 17, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »

Eating four slices of pizza and a bunch of Skittles in one sitting is not recommended...

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #49251 on: January 17, 2019, 11:33:14 PM »

Eating four slices of pizza and a bunch of Skittles in one sitting is not recommended...
You've been crapping in liquid Technicolor, haven't you?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49252 on: January 17, 2019, 05:19:37 PM »

You've been crapping in liquid Technicolor, haven't you?

No, actually, a little nauseated, but other than that I'm good.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49253 on: January 18, 2019, 01:25:56 PM »

So you're about to puke in Technicolor?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49254 on: January 18, 2019, 02:53:08 PM »

So you're about to puke in Technicolor?

Or it'll come out the other end.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49255 on: January 18, 2019, 03:37:01 PM »

Or it'll come out the other end.
Jev already suggested.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49256 on: January 19, 2019, 03:03:08 AM »

Nothing happened I was good.

Although today I learned I have high cholesterol.  Undecided

(Sig by me!)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #49257 on: January 20, 2019, 02:12:06 PM »

I've been awake for a while now...

"Harvested" some saber parts, until it was legal to make some noise (0700), then began shoveling snow.  

It is now 0900.  That was a workout. O_o
 We got around a foot overnight, and it's still coming down pretty good.

Presently it's -13oC (~9oF - without the wind), and falling.

Yep - winter. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Xamon
Knight Ensign

« Reply #49258 on: January 20, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »

Been there done that bought the long johns. We have somewhere around two feet of less than fluffy white stuff on the ground and it has been running in the  -20 to -30 range here for a week. Got to love living farther north in Canada.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #49259 on: January 20, 2019, 02:48:03 PM »

Yeah - I'm right on the border at the southern most part of Ontario.  

It normally stays pretty mild here in comparison - windy though.  

The last couple of days have been reminiscent of northern, "snow-belt" areas though. Wink

Not used to this stuff.  My old heart is going "WTH?!"  LOL!

Part of being Canadian though eh? Smiley

...and yes - I'm wearing long johns. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 3282 3283 [3284] 3285 3286 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: