Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3331 3332 [3333] 3334 3335 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4879999 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49980 on: April 18, 2019, 09:09:36 PM »

Indeed. I think society is over the whole beard thing.  Grin

But, I'm glad he pronounced aluminium properly (not aluminum).
FINE! Then learn how to spell it properly.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #49981 on: April 18, 2019, 09:47:45 PM »

FINE! Then learn how to spell it properly.
Well, I am english and it is an english word. Not my fault you guys turned it into a slang word.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #49982 on: April 18, 2019, 04:23:48 PM »

Hey now...it's just as valid...lol

I was taught Aluminum.  Aluminium is just as valid, though, if it were said that way in a Canadian lab, there'd be blank looks. Wink

I'm sure you can find a British/European site as well, but:
https://www.lenntech.com/periodic/symbol/symbol.htm
Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #49983 on: April 18, 2019, 11:47:28 PM »

Indeed. I think society is over the whole beard thing.  Grin

What "beard thing"...  From where I'm from Beards are just a natural part of society.

Well, I am english and it is an english word. Not my fault you guys turned it into a slang word.

Achutually........ the British Scientist that coined the name used Aluminum...just like us Yanks say it.   Another Scientist objected and declared it should be spelled and pronounced "Aluminium" .  Why?   his words ""for so we shall take the liberty of writing the word, in preference to aluminum, which has a less classical sound"

So much like Soccer just another example of Brits changing a word to sound "better" and us Colonists refusing to accept it.  Tongue

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49984 on: April 19, 2019, 12:23:03 AM »

What "beard thing"...  From where I'm from Beards are just a natural part of society.
A part of hipster society, yes.

So much like Soccer just another example of Brits changing a word to sound "better" and us Colonists refusing to accept it.  Tongue
Exactly. Better is better. You guys just want to be different for the sake of it. But that's fine. We won't keep sniggering about it behind your backs. Honest.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #49985 on: April 19, 2019, 12:41:27 AM »

A part of hipster society, yes.
Exactly. Better is better. You guys just want to be different for the sake of it. But that's fine. We won't keep sniggering about it behind your backs. Honest.

Yea..Hipsters aren't a thing from where Im from... Put it this way..if you have a beard like that and can't chop firewood properly...your a pretender to the glory that is a full beard.  Honestly, I hate that Beards, Fedora's and even the term White Knight have become negatives.

Sounds like Brits just want to be different...don't worry.  We Will keep laughing about it.

*Hope everyone knows this is just chain yanking*

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49986 on: April 19, 2019, 01:27:44 AM »

Yea..Hipsters aren't a thing from where Im from... Put it this way..if you have a beard like that and can't chop firewood properly...your a pretender to the glory that is a full beard.  Honestly, I hate that Beards, Fedora's and even the term White Knight have become negatives.
Firstly, people still wear fedoras? Really? I thought we stopped doing that in the 1950s when rock n roll came in (unless you're Indiana Jones).

And, unless you're a viking, beards are hipster. Deal with it! Also, I have no idea what White Knight is (is it a cider?)

Sounds like Brits just want to be different...don't worry.  We Will keep laughing about it.
Actually, we just enjoy being part of the global community. Such as, our football features players who actually use they feet to play the game. Go figure. And don't you laugh at me in that tone of voice young man!

*Hope everyone knows this is just chain yanking*
Well, of course!  Grin

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #49987 on: April 19, 2019, 01:45:00 AM »

Firstly, people still wear fedoras? Really? I thought we stopped doing that in the 1950s when rock n roll came in (unless you're Indiana Jones).

And, unless you're a viking, beards are hipster. Deal with it! Also, I have no idea what White Knight is (is it a cider?)

Hipsters wear Fedora's (or try to)...but Fedora's can't just be bought and slapped on your head, they must be fitted properly.  The clothes to, are essential. 

As a Brit you must not be aware of the connection between the American South and Beards.  Think Duck Dynasty...beards of that caliber have been a normal sight since the Antebellum days (Pre-Civil War).  My dad had a beard like that for 40 years...there was nothing "hipster" about him I can assure you. 

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #49988 on: April 19, 2019, 03:04:20 AM »

Actually, we just enjoy being part of the global community. Such as, our football features players who actually use they feet to play the game. Go figure. And don't you laugh at me in that tone of voice young man!
Well, of course!  Grin

I grew my beard because without it, I look entirely too much like my late father for my comfort.  I'll take my long hair and beard, and keep my old wizard/Jedi look, thx.

I've been known to wear a fedora to a party, though it's been a bit, and I had mine before the trend came back largely.  These days, I've an Irish cap or a nice top hat more often.

The White Knight is the ideal of the chivalrous knight, I believe - it's become an epithet amongst some communities, in the ways that same have made "social justice" a profanity rather than something a society can strive for.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #49989 on: April 19, 2019, 03:10:12 AM »

He looks sexy as hell without the beard. Damn!

Although, it is playoff beard season...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49990 on: April 19, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »

Hipsters wear Fedora's (or try to)...but Fedora's can't just be bought and slapped on your head, they must be fitted properly.  The clothes to, are essential.  
I know that trilbys are popular, but I thought fedoras were only for old men. Different fashion sense in different country I suppose.

As a Brit you must not be aware of the connection between the American South and Beards.  Think Duck Dynasty...beards of that caliber have been a normal sight since the Antebellum days (Pre-Civil War).  My dad had a beard like that for 40 years...there was nothing "hipster" about him I can assure you.  
Umm, no. My knowledge of the American South is as follows: grits, chittlins (although I have no idea what one of those is), dukes of hazard, slavery, plantations, hot, sweaty, Foghorn Leghorn accent, Deliverance, inbred redneck hillbilly folk in horror movies, Texas, people dressed like Colonel Saunders (white suit, epic moustache). These are all cliches to be sure, but all I have to go on is movies and tv shows.

Remember that generic map meme I posted a while back? As funny as it is, it does ring true for many people outside of America. The intricacies of your country isn't as well known beyond your borders as you may think.

And what the hell is Duck Dynasty? Sounds like a spin-off from Duck Tales.

I grew my beard because without it, I look entirely too much like my late father for my comfort.  I'll take my long hair and beard, and keep my old wizard/Jedi look, thx.
Sorry, that still makes you a hipster I'm afraid!  Tongue Cheesy

The White Knight is the ideal of the chivalrous knight, I believe - it's become an epithet amongst some communities, in the ways that same have made "social justice" a profanity rather than something a society can strive for.
Oh. Ok. I get you now. I needed a bit more context from the original comment. Over here that concept is referred to as the knight is shining armour. Same thing, just different way of describing it.

Although, it is playoff beard season...
the only time I watch ice hockey is during the Winter olympics to see Canada kick America's ass! lol However, even those guys are sporty hipsters.

The sooner you all accept this categorisation the better you'll all feel. trust me.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #49991 on: April 19, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »

You can't tell by looking at a map but Texas isn't considered as being part of the south. It's just Texas.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49992 on: April 19, 2019, 10:51:53 AM »

You can't tell by looking at a map but Texas isn't considered as being part of the south. It's just Texas.
Why?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #49993 on: April 19, 2019, 11:48:10 AM »

Umm, no. My knowledge of the American South is as follows: grits, chittlins (although I have no idea what one of those is), dukes of hazard, slavery, plantations, hot, sweaty, Foghorn Leghorn accent, Deliverance, inbred redneck hillbilly folk in horror movies, Texas, people dressed like Colonel Saunders (white suit, epic moustache). These are all cliches to be sure, but all I have to go on is movies and tv shows.

Remember that generic map meme I posted a while back? As funny as it is, it does ring true for many people outside of America. The intricacies of your country isn't as well known beyond your borders as you may think.

And what the hell is Duck Dynasty? Sounds like a spin-off from Duck Tales.
Sorry, that still makes you a hipster I'm afraid!  Tongue Cheesy
Oh. Ok. I get you now. I needed a bit more context from the original comment. Over here that concept is referred to as the knight is shining armour. Same thing, just different way of describing it.
the only time I watch ice hockey is during the Winter olympics to see Canada kick America's ass! lol However, even those guys are sporty hipsters.

The sooner you all accept this categorisation the better you'll all feel. trust me.

Chitlins or Chitterlings are made from the instetines of animals, usually pigs.  Been around for centuries as something people ate who couldn't afford to waste any food.  They exist..or existed in the UK as well. Chitterlings itself is a Middle-English word.  Duck Dynasty is a show about the Robertson family from Louisiana.  They own a Duck Call manufacturing Business began by the Patriarch of the family (Phil) back in the 70s.  Its grown into an international business.  The beards that anyone outside of the south call "hipster" are worn by all the men of the family.  Because, unless your job prevents it, the majority of men in the south have beards and always have.  "Hipsters" co-opted it...for what ever reason.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #49994 on: April 19, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »

My thoughts on beards: NOPE

I don't get the fascination with them, I don't see how they are "sexy" or make you "manly". I think that's a bunch of balderdash, because there is a bunch of dudes with beards who could barely lift a pencil, let alone a branch. The masculinity associated with a beard, or hair in general, gag me! Women who focus on that, or men who take the time to shampoo their beards, are you people serious?!

I have a goatee, and it's purely just to cover a huge scar on my chin that I got when I was 2 and fell from a shopping cart. Some will say scars are sexy! Oh brother.... I'd rather just hide it and not be asked about it, to be honest. When I was clean shaven, it was a talking point and it bugged me. Why women thought it was attractive, god knows why, but they were usually as dense as the clouds.. couldn't run any faster.

Anywho, it's 5am, I haven't slept all night, and I'm watching The Golden Girls... That damn Bea Arthur  Cheesy

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Pages: 1 ... 3331 3332 [3333] 3334 3335 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: