Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3350 3351 [3352] 3353 3354 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880011 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #50265 on: May 17, 2019, 04:20:43 AM »

You will soon regret that.

I'm actually the opposite. I'd rather be working than doing school (probably a little bit of that has to do with the way my bank account changes during those two times of year). I don't particularly care for my job, but school I like less.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50266 on: May 17, 2019, 05:26:45 AM »

I'm working on maybe going back to school again...

I did that from 25 to 29 years old. Was hard at first but it allowed me to completely change careers. The change was most welcome as I really don't think I would've been able to live much longer (at least definitely not happy) with my previous job.

Day 2 of going back to the gym

I don't work out really as much as I'd want (or should) and definitely not as much as you usually do. But you have my support  Wink

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #50267 on: May 17, 2019, 06:02:48 AM »

I did that from 25 to 29 years old. Was hard at first but it allowed me to completely change careers. The change was most welcome as I really don't think I would've been able to live much longer (at least definitely not happy) with my previous job.

I tried but was un-successful. I'm applying to a college in Canada, since I have a friend who lives near campus and has offered a place to live as long as I need. I think being in a less toxic environment will help greatly.

Unfortunately my current career path, though something I enjoy immensely, has a somewhat short career span. I'd like to have some better prospects when I begin aging out of it than I do currently...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50268 on: May 17, 2019, 08:57:03 AM »

I tried but was un-successful. I'm applying to a college in Canada, since I have a friend who lives near campus and has offered a place to live as long as I need. I think being in a less toxic environment will help greatly.

Unfortunately my current career path, though something I enjoy immensely, has a somewhat short career span. I'd like to have some better prospects when I begin aging out of it than I do currently...

Short career spans can be tricky. If you find studies that can give you better options for later in a domain you like it's worth it.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50269 on: May 17, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

I changed my career when I was 27 transitioning from the military back to civilian life but didn't come back to being a mechanic. I switched to IT so really, two different career changes at once.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50270 on: May 17, 2019, 01:21:24 PM »

As much as I hated school work I hate going to work more.  Mind you I don't mind hard work...just would rather do it on my own terms....got a bit of an issue with authority.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50271 on: May 17, 2019, 01:35:43 PM »

I'm actually the opposite. I'd rather be working than doing school (probably a little bit of that has to do with the way my bank account changes during those two times of year). I don't particularly care for my job, but school I like less.

Wait till you get to college. It gets better. Then you won't want to leave.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50272 on: May 17, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »

I've been going since I was 17 but took two weeks off for family stuff and then I caught the flu which took me out for a week and another week for recovery so I've been out of the gym for a month.  But, back to it  Cheesy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #50273 on: May 18, 2019, 02:30:47 AM »

Mind you I don't mind hard work...just would rather do it on my own terms....got a bit of an issue with authority.

I would much rather be doing manual labor (or something fun, like acting) than school, and I don't have too big a problem with authority. What I have a problem with is the other people on the job site. "It's course, and rough, and irritating" about sums it up for me. When it is just me (and my dad and brother) working is just grand. Most the other people just wear me out mentally. But that is what you get for working construction.

Wait till you get to college. It gets better. Then you won't want to leave.

I guess you haven't realized yet that I am a Junior in college.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #50274 on: May 18, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »

I enjoyed college way too much.  Tongue  But I would not want to go back.  As for work, I am grateful to enjoy what I do and where I work now.  I have not always enjoyed where I worked and that can be miserable even if you enjoy what you do.  The people around you make all the difference.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #50275 on: May 18, 2019, 05:21:15 PM »

I enjoyed college way too much.  Tongue  But I would not want to go back.  As for work, I am grateful to enjoy what I do and where I work now.  I have not always enjoyed where I worked and that can be miserable even if you enjoy what you do.  The people around you make all the difference.

That is so true. Good coworkers can make even a crappy job you hate at least bearable, just as bad ones can make you despise even a job you love. Staples was a great place to work for the first year and a half I was there, because we were all friends and who doesn't like working with friends? But then coworkers left, were replaced with people that didn't fit, who were quickly pushed out and were replaced with people who were just okay. Some of the long time coworkers changed completely, and became unbearable to work with, even abusive at times, with HR and upper management(who was a large part of the problem) not seeming to care. We had a huge change over in district and regional management, and the new ones were horrid, running things badly and putting insane pressures on store level management, the stress of which naturally rolled down to us. Getting fired was great from a stress and happiness perspective, and most of my coworkers have moved on, even the managers.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #50276 on: May 18, 2019, 06:42:50 PM »

The whole college thing got kinda stale for me around year 5. That's what I get for changing majors. Glad im out and got actual life ahead of me

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50277 on: May 19, 2019, 01:08:49 AM »

Welp, I can't speak to college since I never went...but I'd take high school over the POS job I drive an hour and a half to every day.....and I'm the manager.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #50278 on: May 19, 2019, 01:12:50 AM »

Welp, I can't speak to college since I never went...but I'd take high school over the POS job I drive an hour and a half to every day.....and I'm the manager.

Well that is true. I did enjoy high school. I was home schooled though, so that helped.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50279 on: May 19, 2019, 03:12:36 AM »

Leg day for me tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 3350 3351 [3352] 3353 3354 ... 3562   Go Up