Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4901607 times)
ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #50460 on: June 25, 2019, 04:28:24 PM »

Not sayin' they're the best, but in my parts everybody hoops and hollers over Subway. <blech>

My worst food poisoning experience involved a Subway Roast Beef sandwich.  I redecorated a very nice hotel bathroom in Chicago with my own... personal style, shall we say.

I try not to go there if at all possible.  And Jimmy John's doesn't have a lactose-intolerant friendly cheese.

Which Wich, meanwhile, has hummus, and a sandwich with both hummus and spicy mustard is delicious.  Jersey Mike's is also pretty good.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #50461 on: June 26, 2019, 01:36:19 AM »

You guys still exist? Cheesy

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50462 on: June 25, 2019, 10:40:20 PM »

Hold avocado and you have an American favorite. But just out of appreciation of good food.....HOLD THE AVOCADO.

Well they also have a very decent Smoky Big Cheese and Bacon Beef Burger.

Yea...no avocado...bleu cheese on the other hand ...

To everyone their own. I love cheese (being in Switzerland I wouldn't eat much if I didn't eat cheese  Grin ) but I always had a hard time with the concept of letting cheese go bad before eating it. Just not my thing. But as long as you're happy with it, be my guest.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

BufordTJustice
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #50463 on: June 26, 2019, 12:48:23 AM »

My worst food poisoning experience involved a Subway Roast Beef sandwich.  I redecorated a very nice hotel bathroom in Chicago with my own... personal style, shall we say.

I try not to go there if at all possible.  And Jimmy John's doesn't have a lactose-intolerant friendly cheese.

Which Wich, meanwhile, has hummus, and a sandwich with both hummus and spicy mustard is delicious.  Jersey Mike's is also pretty good.

I completely understand! My local Subway is either hit or miss. Sometimes it good and you wish you ordered the bigger sammich or it's so bad you can't take 4 bites . I don't know sometimes it just tastes like the bread was baked, then frozen, then heated, then left out.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50464 on: June 26, 2019, 10:33:52 AM »

To everyone their own. I love cheese (being in Switzerland I wouldn't eat much if I didn't eat cheese  Grin ) but I always had a hard time with the concept of letting cheese go bad before eating it. Just not my thing. But as long as you're happy with it, be my guest.

Just think of it this way...all cheese starts off as curdled milk anyway Tongue   But I'll take an aged cheese over something like a century egg.
For me though Bleu Cheese isn't good on its own or even say placed on top of a burger.  But Crumble an ounce into the meat while mixing and it can create a very nice flavor

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50465 on: June 26, 2019, 05:33:41 AM »

You keep calling it a "beef" burger. Is that a regional thing. Here we just call it a burger. Mainly because no one in their right mind makes it with anything OTHER than beef.

Would you hate me if I said Swiss ranks among my most disliked cheeses?

Hate to be food-elitist, but all cheese should have lactose. Even the so-called American crap.

Speaking of various sandwich establishments....have you tried Penn Station? They do toasted sandwiches that are awesome. (I highly recommend the Italian.) But but but but their fresh cut french fries are one of, if not THE best I've ever had. Is it lunch time yet?

Just think of it this way...all cheese starts off as curdled milk anyway Tongue   But I'll take an aged cheese over something like a century egg.
For me though Bleu Cheese isn't good on its own or even say placed on top of a burger.  But Crumble an ounce into the meat while mixing and it can create a very nice flavor
Exactly. Cheese by its very definition has already gone bad. It's why I don't do cottage cheese. <cringe> Too close a resemblance to curdled milk.

I'm the same with Swiss. I won't do it unless it's a) warm and b) paired with something.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #50466 on: June 26, 2019, 07:22:47 AM »

You keep calling it a "beef" burger. Is that a regional thing. Here we just call it a burger. Mainly because no one in their right mind makes it with anything OTHER than beef.

They also have a lot of options for Chicken Burgers as well. I think they even have a vegetarian. So I was just using the official name they give to a particular burger.

Would you hate me if I said Swiss ranks among my most disliked cheeses?

I've been to the U.S. Whatever it is that you guys call "Swiss" it's definitely not real Swiss cheese. But as stated before we all have our own tastes and that's fine.

Hate to be food-elitist, but all cheese should have lactose. Even the so-called American crap.

Actually many types of cheese in Switzerland, even very old traditional ones, are naturally so low in lactose that you can consider them as lactose-free (without any chemical modern processing to remove it).

I'm the same with Swiss. I won't do it unless it's a) warm and b) paired with something.

Hence our love of Fondue (warm, paired with bread, wine, pepper and garlic) and Raclette (warm, spiced as you want, paired with potatoes, dried meat, onions and pickles)  Grin

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50467 on: June 26, 2019, 08:15:03 AM »

They also have a lot of options for Chicken Burgers as well. I think they even have a vegetarian. So I was just using the official name they give to a particular burger.
FYI, those aren't burgers. Roll Eyes

I've been to the U.S. Whatever it is that you guys call "Swiss" it's definitely not real Swiss cheese. But as stated before we all have our own tastes and that's fine.

Actually many types of cheese in Switzerland, even very old traditional ones, are naturally so low in lactose that you can consider them as lactose-free (without any chemical modern processing to remove it).
Interesting

Hence our love of Fondue (warm, paired with bread, wine, pepper and garlic) and Raclette (warm, spiced as you want, paired with potatoes, dried meat, onions and pickles)  Grin
Eh. Good cheese is good cheese. Last Labor Day, we were visiting family, and went over to Leland, MI and got some smoked fish (salmon, trout, and white fish), aged cheddar, and fresh baguettes. Holy cow we ate good that day.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50468 on: June 26, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »

Gotta go with Logos.... anything other than Beef is just a sandwich Tongue

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #50469 on: June 26, 2019, 09:20:18 AM »

I like few hot buffalo wings to go with my blue cheese mmmm.....I feel my cholesterol rising just thinking about it. Guess I wouldn’t be a Buffalonian otherwise.

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #50470 on: June 26, 2019, 05:52:59 PM »

sniff sniff
I SMELL CHEEEEEESE

i may have a small addiction.
Put.
Asiago.
On.
Everything.

Try the Billy Club from JJ's. Roast beef, ham, provolone, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and Dijon mustard. The mustard is the kicker; pairs very well with the beef.

My personal favorite is the Hunters Club with kickin ranch. Not a big fan of mustard weirdly.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50471 on: June 26, 2019, 11:59:39 AM »

My personal favorite is the Hunters Club with kickin ranch. Not a big fan of mustard weirdly.
Trying to remember if I've tried the Hunters Club. I know I've tried the Italian Night Club (very good) and my usual is the Club Lulu (delightfully simple and tasty).

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50472 on: June 26, 2019, 03:15:32 PM »

That moment when you suddenly decide it would be a great idea to put in an alien language into the script for your fan film. And then the realisation hits you that you actually have to write the language down!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50473 on: June 26, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »

That moment when you suddenly decide it would be a great idea to put in an alien language into the script for your fan film. And then the realisation hits you that you actually have to write the language down!

could always just use aurebesh

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #50474 on: June 27, 2019, 05:50:19 AM »

Gotta go with Logos.... anything other than Beef is just a sandwich Tongue

Agreed but I'm fine with them offering other options for the ones who have a different opinion.

Sabers Owned

Pages: 1 ... 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: